Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Release Date

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FearGXFearGX Member Posts: 317

I really hope they don't rush it out and then it will be bad, hope they take their time and release it at a steady pace, and not cave in to customer demand.

• MarlonBMarlonB Member UncommonPosts: 526

15 November ... release of the NGE

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

not trying to hate on peoples wishs for a 2011 release date, but i recieved a email from them telling me to pre order now and get blah blah blah. In the email it said i had till the end of the year to pre order because after the game comes out i wont be able to get the pre order anymore.

so if i have till the end of the year to pre order that tells me they have planned on this game coming out in 2012 already.

I could be totally wrong im just assumeing this off the email they sent me. take it for whats its worth just sombodys opinion.

• buckeyebuckeye Member UncommonPosts: 70

Trust me-it will be out by Black Friday. They don't want to miss out on the biggest holiday shopping weekend of the year.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

I can't see them postponing too much longer, they do have GW2 to contend with over sales, I see them wanting a decent window between their release and Anet's. With that day rapidly growing sooner for GW2, I see them releasing sooner rather than later.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• CannyoneCannyone Member UncommonPosts: 267

Originally posted by DrunkWolf

not trying to hate on peoples wishs for a 2011 release date, but i recieved a email from them telling me to pre order now and get blah blah blah. In the email it said i had till the end of the year to pre order because after the game comes out i wont be able to get the pre order anymore.

so if i have till the end of the year to pre order that tells me they have planned on this game coming out in 2012 already.

I could be totally wrong im just assumeing this off the email they sent me. take it for whats its worth just sombodys opinion.

Am pretty sure you misunderstood that email... Because I've heard other people talk about it.  And YOU are the only one who has ever reached that conclusion.

Then again, I didn't get it.  Because I've already Pre-Ordered. Which I wish I hadn't!  I don't think they should Offer Pre-Orders on a game for which they haven't set a Release Date.  In my mind that's just bad business.

• getonagetona Member UncommonPosts: 98

In a interview the lead developer (forgot his name) said that a 2011 release is still very likely and a release date will be anounced before november.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

Originally posted by Distopia

I can't see them postponing too much longer, they do have GW2 to contend with over sales, I see them wanting a decent window between their release and Anet's. With that day rapidly growing sooner for GW2, I see them releasing sooner rather than later.

I'm suspect they are more worried about a Diablo 3 release than GW2.

• JahosefatJahosefat Member UncommonPosts: 50

new release date calandar at local gamestop was updated yesterday...they have 11/22/11 as the release date...not sure how accurate that is

Blackthorne Legend Gaming | Join Us! Jahosefat - Deckhand of Blackthorne

• C0MAC0MA Member Posts: 522

man, from everything i've discussed and experimented with from beta testers I know and all the leaked content I've watched, this game is basically done... they need to f'n release already and stop the blizzard type delays to polish the edges of buildings so it doesn't ruin immersion or w/e random tasks they're doing. I can assure you the game is of release quality right now and feels more polished than any game to date.. and I thought Rift felt polished!

before anyone asks "How do you know how it feels?" I have friends in the beta, not everyones friends are online based.

"Sometimes people say stuff they don''t mean, but more often then that they don''t say things they do mean"

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Originally posted by C0MA

man, from everything i've discussed and experimented with from beta testers I know and all the leaked content I've watched, this game is basically done... they need to f'n release already and stop the blizzard type delays to polish the edges of buildings so it doesn't ruin immersion or w/e random tasks they're doing. I can assure you the game is of release quality right now and feels more polished than any game to date.. and I thought Rift felt polished!

before anyone asks "How do you know how it feels?" I have friends in the beta, not everyones friends are online based.

I've got a feeling that it has more to do with servers and people connecting to the game in mass amounts then it does the game itself.  Maybe it's just me but that seemed to be the general issue with last weekend something about people not being able to install or connecting or something like that.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Originally posted by whilan

I've got a feeling that it has more to do with servers and people connecting to the game in mass amounts then it does the game itself.  Maybe it's just me but that seemed to be the general issue with last weekend something about people not being to install or connecting or something like that.

Actually, there was more of a problem with the "RSVP" system.  Once that was solved, most people had no problems actually getting in the game.   Since that's mainly what we were last weekend (a 'simulated' launch to test the server) - it actually went rather well (and I'm not breaking NDA by saying that - since SR already posted almost the exact same ;P)

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Originally posted by Eliandal

Originally posted by whilan

I've got a feeling that it has more to do with servers and people connecting to the game in mass amounts then it does the game itself.  Maybe it's just me but that seemed to be the general issue with last weekend something about people not being to install or connecting or something like that.

Actually, there was more of a problem with the "RSVP" system.  Once that was solved, most people had no problems actually getting in the game.   Since that's mainly what we were last weekend (a 'simulated' launch to test the server) - it actually went rather well (and I'm not breaking NDA by saying that - since SR already posted almost the exact same ;P)

oh okay...i actually had to have my brother explain to me what the RSVP system was...so i'm gathering from his explaination that it's a invitation system then it was a problem with getting people to be put into the beta or sending out the beta invites or something similar.

Either way it sounds like something that is part of the beta rather then the game itself.

Also to clarify something about NDA thats my work told me. You can release information about a game under two circumstances

1. The company itself tells you it's okay to release this or that information or that it's okay (by way of dropping the NDA) to talk about all of the information.

or

2. The company themselves make the information aware such as telling the public the name of the game, that such a game with that name exists

In this case as SR told people it was that. you're free to tell people that that was the issue as it's generally public knowledge.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• brett7018brett7018 Member UncommonPosts: 181

My guess is November 22nd with early release starting the week prior.  Here's hoping :)

• gamer1982o39gamer1982o39 Member Posts: 212

"

Interesting news ......

http://www.mmocrunch.com/2011/09/11/swtor-release-date-might-slip-to-2012/

The company still expects the MMO to launch this calender year, but EA’s fiscal guidance takes into account a possible slip into first calendar quarter of 2012 (fiscal Q4) if needed, Brown said. “We have a date set internally [for calendar Q4], with a lot of assumptions around it,” he said.

“We’re not done until we’re done. … We’re not going to know with enough certainty to publicly announce a release date,” until later this month or sometime in October, said Brown of the MMO.

~Hairysun

Didn't see it posted anywhere here

"

I want to own property too

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by gamer1982o39

Interesting news ......

http://www.mmocrunch.com/2011/09/11/swtor-release-date-might-slip-to-2012/

The company still expects the MMO to launch this calender year, but EA’s fiscal guidance takes into account a possible slip into first calendar quarter of 2012 (fiscal Q4) if needed, Brown said. “We have a date set internally [for calendar Q4], with a lot of assumptions around it,” he said.

while the news is recent - its not much different than what was already said in May

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/swtor-removed-from-ea-release-schedule

EA still anticipates the game will release this calendar year but admits that January 2012 remains a possibility

EA will be announcing a release date within the next 6 weeks

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/37082/EA_Battlefield_3_Preorders_Stand_At_125M_Star_Wars_Still_Aiming_For_Q4.

"We're not done until we're done. ... We're not going to know with enough certainty to publicly announce a release date," until later this month or sometime in October, said Brown of the MMO.

• CannyoneCannyone Member UncommonPosts: 267

Originally posted by Nadia

Originally posted by gamer1982o39

EA will be announcing a release date within the next 6 weeks

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/37082/EA_Battlefield_3_Preorders_Stand_At_125M_Star_Wars_Still_Aiming_For_Q4.

"We're not done until we're done. ... We're not going to know with enough certainty to publicly announce a release date," until later this month or sometime in October, said Brown of the MMO.

I had seen that article, but  managed to miss the part about an announcement by "sometime in October".  Thanks for pointing that out! 

Now I still feel that they should have waited until they had a release date to start with the Pre-Orders.  But its most likely that EA was completely responsible.  And I suppose its not entirely fair to call them "greedy"  when they've invested as much as they have in SWTOR.

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

With Mass Effect 3 being pushed to March SW:TOR will be Biowares Christmas game so my bet is between Nov 15th and Dec 15th.

• FratmanFratman Member Posts: 344

2012 is still possible according to Bioware. When is the last time an mmo released earlier than expected?

I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point.

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

I hope they take as long as is neccessary to get everything right. If that means another year of no TOR, I will gladly accept that...

• StormwindStormwind Member Posts: 60

Company has said  over and over Holiday 2011 .. They are in final stages of beta .. testing the new update and final build ... It all looks right for a 2011 release .. From what leaks have come out all testing so far has shown Green lights all the way .. The small glitches have been minor and easy fixes .. nothing earth shattering that would hold up Release plans. 

SO stop with the gloom and doom and Count on them to meet the Plan ... Holiday 2011 .. 

Look to the stars to know HE is with us. HE hung them as markers, of times and of seasons.

• NazgolNazgol Member Posts: 864

Originally posted by udon

With Mass Effect 3 being pushed to March SW:TOR will be Biowares Christmas game so my bet is between Nov 15th and Dec 15th.

I am leaning toward a NOV/DEC release as well with everything I have read.

In Bioware we trust!

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Originally posted by Nazgol

Originally posted by udon

I am leaning toward a NOV/DEC release as well with everything I have read.

Now I just have to find something to play between now and then... so hard to do, as everything out right now is either so bad or is just... more of the same.

I'd play STO if they went F2P before TOR comes out.

At least its fun!

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

Originally posted by BadSpock

I'd play STO if they went F2P before TOR comes out.

At least its fun!

Not to change the subject, but the STO new content release is set for October beta and close release then to so I would expect the F2P option to go live late in that month too.