Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dual Classes?

HypeHype Member CommonPosts: 270

I don't know how they're going to do this, but one thing I always think about a Transformers game is how cool it would be to be able to choose a class for your robot for battle challenges, and a class for your vehicle for navigation challenges.

I do hope there are sufficient navigation challenges between fighting areas.

The Illusion of Choice

Comments

• StrafingmirStrafingmir Member Posts: 24

They could but wont, use a system like War for Cybertron

• ArshoonArshoon Member UncommonPosts: 71

I was excited for this game until I saw it was going to be yet another theme park, class-based POS like the rest.

Really? Classes? Have MMOs not evolved past this straight-jacket developers seem to think players need?

So tired of the developers deciding my progression and "role".

If you aren't actively part of the solution, you have no right to complain about anything.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Originally posted by Arshoon

I was excited for this game until I saw it was going to be yet another theme park, class-based POS like the rest.

Really? Classes? Have MMOs not evolved past this straight-jacket developers seem to think players need?

It's still transformers...they really didn't say to much to us at comicon yesterday.  They more or less just wanted to let us know that they are real, and are taking it seriously.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• ArshoonArshoon Member UncommonPosts: 71

Originally posted by afhn2110

It's still transformers...they really didn't say to much to us at comicon yesterday.  They more or less just wanted to let us know that they are real, and are taking it seriously.

I love Transformers, had the G1 toys as a kid. But using an IP we love doesn't mean they won't re-hash all the same design 99% of other MMOs do and give us crap.

Sorry, but when I see classes, a comepletely straight-jacketed approach to gaming and progression MOST games use, I see another copy-cat MMO with a new skin.

This is a complete disappointment to me. What's the point of customization when you're going to be just like every other tank, healer or DPS in the game at the core?

If you aren't actively part of the solution, you have no right to complain about anything.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Originally posted by afhn2110

I love Transformers, had the G1 toys as a kid. But using an IP we love doesn't mean they won't re-hash all the same design 99% of other MMOs do and give us crap.

Sorry, but when I see classes, a comepletely straight-jacketed approach to gaming and progression MOST games use, I see another copy-cat MMO with a new skin.

This is a complete disappointment to me. What's the point of customization when you're going to be just like every other tank, healer or DPS in the game at the core?

I get what you're saying, but even in skill based games...you basically build the classes that were premade in most games...to an extent anyway.  Just depends on how diverse the classes are...but they also said the classes aren't specific.  meaning that a melee guy ca be ranged, etc.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"