Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

.hack//G.U. MMO Thread

ChrisB659ChrisB659 Member Posts: 4

I know there are many other threads on this topic but i felt the need to make one myself. There is one being made (i think?) called Epitaph:somethingsomethingsomething (dunno forget) but its going to be 2D therefore i do not want to play it. there was also another one called Fragment or something but that was only for japan and was an epic fail.

What I want in it, and probly mostly everyone else who likes the .hack//G.U. series, is something similar to that series and i do realise this is alot to ask for but thats just my opinion. If we can find a way to convince Bandai, along with Cyber Connect, to make this game considering they have they engine and know how to make the art. I'd even be content with them adding on to Redemption and make it for both PS3 and Xbox 360, or even PC. Just talking about this game gets me pumped and makes me wanna ride a motorcycle into stuff decapitate it with a scythe, in style of course. And it doesnt really make me wanna kill stuff BUT im pretty pumped anyway.

These games were the perfect hack and slash/MMO combination. I I'm probly gonna go look for my PS2 after I'm done writing this and play it. And those of you who are like 'It'd be hard for them to come up with a story.' think of it this way, Imagine you were a regular person playing The World V.2. Your objective was to run around, kill stuff, gain loot, and level up. Maybe even do a quest or 2 here and there. It'd be a long grind for XP but it wouldnt get too old considering you need 1000 xp to level up every time and the areas change the surroundings and monsters and whether it was a temple run , boss fight, etc. I was sad after I beat Redemption cuz the game was so much fun.

If anyones got a good idea of how to convince bandai and cyber connect to make this please post it. Do not post online petitions cuz those havent done anything. I see no problem with it considering there are so many people who want this to be an actual MMO, and then they'll get their friends to play, and their friend's friends will play and so on.

Comments

• AmbassadorDvinnAmbassadorDvinn Member UncommonPosts: 339

Paragraphs.

Serious death penalties makes every close call an adrenaline rush, and every minor achievement a major victory. This alternative rule-set should be in all MMORPGs.

• ChrisB659ChrisB659 Member Posts: 4

Sorry for my bad grammar. Bad grammar is bad.

Originally posted by Vyre

Paragraphs.

sorry for that also

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Look closer and you'll see they are paragraphs, but with the mmorpg.com post body, i've found that you have to hit the carriage return twice to make the paragraph look like a paragraph.

• AmbassadorDvinnAmbassadorDvinn Member UncommonPosts: 339

Originally posted by ChrisB659

I know there are many other threads on this topic but i felt the need to make one myself. There is one being made (i think?) called Epitaph:somethingsomethingsomething (dunno forget) but its going to be 2D therefore i do not want to play it. there was also another one called Fragment or something but that was only for japan and was an epic fail.

What I want in it, and probly mostly everyone else who likes the .hack//G.U. series, is something similar to that series and i do realise this is alot to ask for but thats just my opinion. If we can find a way to convince Bandai, along with Cyber Connect, to make this game considering they have they engine and know how to make the art. I'd even be content with them adding on to Redemption and make it for both PS3 and Xbox 360, or even PC. Just talking about this game gets me pumped and makes me wanna ride a motorcycle into stuff decapitate it with a scythe, in style of course. And it doesnt really make me wanna kill stuff BUT im pretty pumped anyway.

These games were the perfect hack and slash/MMO combination. I I'm probly gonna go look for my PS2 after I'm done writing this and play it. And those of you who are like 'It'd be hard for them to come up with a story.' think of it this way, Imagine you were a regular person playing The World V.2. Your objective was to run around, kill stuff, gain loot, and level up. Maybe even do a quest or 2 here and there. It'd be a long grind for XP but it wouldnt get too old considering you need 1000 xp to level up every time and the areas change the surroundings and monsters and whether it was a temple run , boss fight, etc. I was sad after I beat Redemption cuz the game was so much fun.

If anyones got a good idea of how to convince bandai and cyber connect to make this please post it. Do not post online petitions cuz those havent done anything. I see no problem with it considering there are so many people who want this to be an actual MMO, and then they'll get their friends to play, and their friend's friends will play and so on.

I think a .hack MMORPG will come along eventually.  I'm surprised we haven't seen four incarnations of it to be honest.

Serious death penalties makes every close call an adrenaline rush, and every minor achievement a major victory. This alternative rule-set should be in all MMORPGs.

I really hope so

• LexathosLexathos Member Posts: 4

Sorry to burst your bubble guys but there was a dot hack mmo in japan years back called .hack//fragment.  Not only did it closed down a year after it came out,  Bandai said there wouldn't be a NA release :(

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

All they need is a .hack with online multiplayer to suit me well enough.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• jmanibogjmanibog Member Posts: 5

Aw too bad, After watching .hack series, I know that its gonna be a great mmo. I want this game bad.

• romsotromsot Member Posts: 3

Hmm seems like a good Idea but does it need a background of the anime before you can figure out how the game works. cuz I've only watched a few episodes, and it is sorta conufsing. lol

• NoneSoVile5NoneSoVile5 Member Posts: 3

wayy to much too read, but this would be a great idea, if they could make it anything like the actual show, i only wish.

• FeverfewFeverfew Member Posts: 120

.hack//fragment wasn't an MMORPG it was a muliplayer game >.<

Way, way different from what a real .hack MMO would be. In the real thing, you could go to an Area(not an instance, according to the anime's lore and the games' lore) and meet other people that had coincidentally used the same keywords before you...

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527

I predict that when we have real virtual reality setups where you can move around and interact in a virtual world using your headset and a movable floor or whatever they will come up with -- that a .hack game will come soon after. 

The concept just loses way too much with the current tools available for a game.  I mean .hack would work a lot better as a larp than it would as a mmorpg.  Actually a .hack larp could be kind of cute -- run it in some abandoned factory complex in detroit or something....

But at any rate -- I think the tech isnt there to do the idea justice.  And I am kind of glad they didnt make some real attempt at it without the proper tools.

• SlyGamer79SlyGamer79 Member Posts: 278

I played the games awhile back seemed decent and i'm suprised that this wasn't a real mmo game sooner seeing how the anime is about kids playing a mmo game lol.

PSN-SlyFox5679
    Xfire-Slyfox5679
    raptr-slygamer1979