Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for an MMO to occupy me until TOR

LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587

1. Is this worth the sub fee?

2. Do I need to buy the game? or just the sub

3. Is the learning curve very deep for a new player?

4. What is there to do in-game?

5. Is it possible to avoid pvp? Like be a PVE player, as I'd hate to be killed by higher levelled players constantly

Comments

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

Originally posted by Lashley

yes

Think its 19,99 for the digital box+30 days

Very deep, possible the hardest and most boring game to start out in but great in the long run

Mining,crafting,market manupilation,exploring,space ship fighting ,trolling,scamming ,pirating

5. Is it possible to avoid pvp? Like be a PVE player, as I'd hate to be killed by higher levelled players constantly

Fully possible tho a crazy pilot could always attack you at any time the high-sec(urity) space is big and save 999% of the time)

6. is it a good game to play for just a few months untill ToR releases

NO, this game requires long term dedication, while it might provide some fun, the real game only starts after a long time of training skills that require real time to train. can it be fun,yes,but you will never surpass the feeling of being a meatball compared to other players.

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Yeah I wouldn't bother with Eve for just a couple of months, unless you already have a character with high SP you can reactivate, which it doesn't sound like that is the case with you.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

There are probably better games to try out if you just want to spend 2 months in it.

Try Champions online or AoC, they are free and should have enough content to keep you occupied 2 months.

• LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587

Ah i wont bother then, thanks for the replies

• KomandorKomandor Member Posts: 272

Yeah, I'd say it has a deep learning curve.

Keep on rockin'!image

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

Originally posted by Lashley

1. That depends on you. For me, its the only game thats held my interest for 5+ years since UO and AC

2. I believe its a 19.99 purchase that gets you gametime, best bet is to get a 21 day trial from a player and then convert to a sub so you get 51 days of play time free. (PM your email address if you want one)

3. The learning curve can be steep but find a corp with experienced players that are willing to take you under their wing. If you are an industrialist player then my corp might be a good fit.

4. Anything and everything. Everything in game is built by players. You can be an industrialist, a miner, an explorer, a pirate, a trader, a corporation leader, etc etc. It all depends on what you want to do.

5. Its possible to "Mostly" avoid pvp. There is no 100% safe space in eve only Safer space. If anyone attacks you in safer space they die. However that usually only happens if you angered someone or are hauling some extremely expensive valuables. There are methods to avoid it in either way.