Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Archeage: inform other players

EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648

I just seen a video of a naval battle and a castle seige on this game. Now, I'm really waiting for GW2 but since its a F2P model I could make room for another. So I have alot of questions. Is it going to be F2P also? Is it more pvp or pve based? Sandbox or themepark? I really would like all the details I can possibly get on this game. Basically I would like the people who have been keeping up with the game to use this forum to list the details all in one place. Thanks. Looking forward to the responses :) Any info welcome.

Comments

• SagasaintSagasaint Member UncommonPosts: 466

P2P, kind of sandbox, and asian

• odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

sandboxyness with pvp'goodness  sorta reminds me alot like shadowbane if you ever played that....cant wait

• SirLornSirLorn Member UncommonPosts: 212

So......you would like everyone who has allrdy done this in the ArcheAge section, in numerous threads to consolidate it in the wrong place?!  Just want to make sure I understand image

• EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648

Originally posted by SirLorn

So......you would like everyone who has allrdy done this in the ArcheAge section, in numerous threads to consolidate it in the wrong place?!  Just want to make sure I understand image

I dont care where its done as long as its consolidated.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Have they picked a NA & EU publisher yet?  If not then its gonna be a long wait indeed.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• RaZKaLzRaZKaLz Member UncommonPosts: 70

The game is more like L2 but sandboxe :D

IT'S GOING TO BE AWESOME !

• infamouswhoisinfamouswhois Member Posts: 185

- 8 races / 2 factions (with the possibity of becoming an outkast i think?)

- 3 land masses to play on / 1 being factionless and open for all to settle on

- plant flowers, trees, i think some crops and milk cows too?

- cut down any tree and climb them or climb other things in the world

- mounts can follow you and gain progress too / also can die and ressurected

- build houses, walls, castles & ships

- labour power is the sort of currency used to do stuff like craft/build/etc

- some sort of prison system

- has battlegrounds

- open world bosses

- fixed public transportation such as air ships and small boats

- sort of looking like either a sandpark or a themebox

just some of the things that come to mind when i think of archeage, i'm sure theres more.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

If this is the game I'm thinking of, I saw video of house building and another of a guy swimming and ending up on a beachy coastline.  The artwork and rendering were superb.  Easily as good as anything I've seen.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • infamouswhoisinfamouswhois Member Posts: 185

Originally posted by ActionMMORPG

If this is the game I'm thinking of, I saw video of house building and another of a guy swimming and ending up on a beachy coastline.  The artwork and rendering were superb.  Easily as good as anything I've seen.

you are thinking of the correct game, i believe the guy swam to an island and explored it a bit. The trees were amazing since running on the cryengine.

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

Originally posted by stayontarget

Have they picked a NA & EU publisher yet?  If not then its gonna be a long wait indeed.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/133/G013341/20110523041/

They did sign an agreement with 2k Games back in May, to make a new MMORPG for 2kgames and a publishing agreement. But things have been quite for some time now. 

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

Most of the older videos were done in Cry Engine 2. But they are now upgrading the game to Cry Engine 3, so the next batch of videos will look even more amazing!

• RaZKaLzRaZKaLz Member UncommonPosts: 70

Originally posted by Kumapon

Most of the older videos were done in Cry Engine 2. But they are now upgrading the game to Cry Engine 3, so the next batch of videos will look even more amazing!

wut? CE3 ? OHMYGAWD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• SnarkRitterSnarkRitter Member Posts: 316

I'd not call CE3 to be an "upgrade" over CE2, as the comparisons have shown Crysis looks better than than Crysis 2. CE3's more like a downgraded version of CE2 to be able to work on console.

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

XLgames has their own Western counterpart, from what i've known, so they are going to publish their own game?

From early stages of development, ArcheAge has been announced as a potential F2P business model, but now is unknown. This is one of those games that I think will benefit more in a F2P or B2P format, since it is one of the bigger sandbox games, and it ingame mechanics tend to used up more game time, prison time, trial, travelling, naval combat are all much more time consuming than your average themepark games, thus making P2P as much more undesirable to players. Sandbox games usually need a larger playerbase and ingame economy to thrive, F2P creates a higher amount of playerbase, and it can potentially a larger influx of ingame economy than a P2P environment.

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

Originally posted by xKingdomx

XLgames has their own Western counterpart, from what i've known, so they are going to publish their own game?

From early stages of development, ArcheAge has been announced as a potential F2P business model, but now is unknown. This is one of those games that I think will benefit more in a F2P or B2P format, since it is one of the bigger sandbox games, and it ingame mechanics tend to used up more game time, prison time, trial, travelling, naval combat are all much more time consuming than your average themepark games, thus making P2P as much more undesirable to players. Sandbox games usually need a larger playerbase and ingame economy to thrive, F2P creates a higher amount of playerbase, and it can potentially a larger influx of ingame economy than a P2P environment.

Currently unknown payment model. If it was F2P I fear having to buy items and labour points would kill the game. Archeage just through the sheer hype it's getting now and even more so closer to release will ensure a huge population P2P.

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

Originally posted by SnarkRitter

I'd not call CE3 to be an "upgrade" over CE2, as the comparisons have shown Crysis looks better than than Crysis 2. CE3's more like a downgraded version of CE2 to be able to work on console.

CE3 has a lot of advantages over CE2, it's definately a huge upgrade.

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Originally posted by Greymoor

Originally posted by xKingdomx

Currently unknown payment model. If it was F2P I fear having to buy items and labour points would kill the game. Archeage just through the sheer hype it's getting now and even more so closer to release will ensure a huge population P2P.

The problem that cash shop kills most game is because those game are very combat focus games (either PvE or PvP), giving them a advantage. In ArcheAge, the focus is exploration, community building and very minor in open warfare, cash shop only means people can built more houses, travel faster(if that is an advantage in a exploration focus game?), built faster, so you aren't in direct opposition with other players, but each players are against each other in a (race?) to explore and construct. 

The problem with a P2P in a sandbox is that, Sandbox are games for player to own a virtual property, not renting a service (which is exactly what P2P is, unless you pay the monthly fee, you don't get anything, even if you play the month before) so as a sandbox perspective, this is a bit contradictive. Yes I know there are sandbox game that were P2P like UO and such, but those were the times when MMO was a very niche genre, they don't actually have as big as a playerbase nor technology to sustain a F2P business model. If you want a sandbox game to be commericially and creatively, I think F2P is the way to make Sandbox to work, get as much players to player, get a sustainable economy with the amount of players, and use cash shop as a financial revenue.

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• SebaliSebali Member UncommonPosts: 395

to me, and it is just my opinion, i feel f2p games are only good if the game cannot survive on a b2p or p2p subscription. games like AoC, EQ2 and the such were not doing great has p2p, they switched over and yea, initially they made some more money as those who were paying a monthly fee bought some stuff and a lot of people who werent playing at all decided to play, bought some stuff and many of them have now stopped playing.

notice all these games broadcast an increase in profits the first few months after a f2p conversion then you dont hear boo out of them after, because they are back to where they were before switching over