Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

starcraft 2 vs. warhammer 40k

VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

which one is more noob and casual friendly?  Ive not played sc2 but from what I know of it, it takes more managing than wh 40k. 

what are your opinions?

Comments

• ArcheminosArcheminos Member Posts: 283

Which Warhammer 40k game? Dawn of War 1 or 2?

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

Originally posted by Archeminos

sorry, dawn of war 2

• ArcheminosArcheminos Member Posts: 283

Originally posted by VooDoo_Papa

sorry, dawn of war 2

DoW2 Is more RPG than RTS. SC2 is more of a traditional build up buildings to spawn units, upgrade them, send them to fight, gather resources, etc. DoW2 you have a set squad of 4 heroes (with 6 options) and you go on missions with them, gather equipment upgrades, boss fights. I personally prefer DoW2, but it just depends on what game type you want to play.

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

cool, and i ask because ive heard so much hype and know a lot more ppl who play sc2 over dow2 and was wondering if i was missing something.  based on my tastes it doesnt sound like it

• Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558

DoW2 Is more RPG than RTS. SC2 is more of a traditional build up buildings to spawn units, upgrade them, send them to fight, gather resources, etc. DoW2 you have a set squad of 4 heroes (with 6 options) and you go on missions with them, gather equipment upgrades, boss fights. I personally prefer DoW2, but it just depends on what game type you want to play.

Unless you play the multiplayer, where it plays a little more like Ground Control 2 than that. In MP you fight to take control of over different nodes and control points which give you resources. You then take these and use them to summon/build squads.

• getonagetona Member UncommonPosts: 98

SC2 Singleplayer & AI mode is really simple. if you play MM ( MatchMaking) and your clueless people will call you fail noob.

DoW2 is more casual-friendly thou

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

DoW2 is basically real-time tactics (RTT) with a tinge of RPG thrown into it which has evolved from DoW1 aka Company of Heroes concept of controlling multiple strategic points to accumulate enough... well, points and win the match. SC2 one the other hand is an upgraded version of the original (yeah yeah, we can debate this, but that's what it essentially is) and stays true to that old "build a base, train troops and crush your enemy" RTS axiom. Draw your own conclusions.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • newkidznewkidz Member Posts: 19

Originally posted by getona

SC2 Singleplayer & AI mode is really simple. if you play MM ( MatchMaking) and your clueless people will call you fail noob.

DoW2 is more casual-friendly thou

I agree with you bro!image

• gelato_icegelato_ice Member Posts: 6

It was Dawn of War orignally that pulled me out of Fantasy Warhammer, and threw me directly into the land of the 41st millennium. After getting all the expansions and having so many races to my disposal to have a truly epic and diverse battle every time I play ( Plus my beautiful Tau). Now I've been looking over Dawn of War 2, and to be honest i'm not very impressed. They released a game with four races, and not as many features as the original DoW. Aye, aye the graphics are improved and we do see a strong amount of customization within the commanders and sergeants.