Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Release Date

Comments

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

In a couple of months.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by sookster54

The unannounced release date kind of bugs me, it could be Oct, it could be Feb 2012 for all we know.

the date is supposed to be announced this month

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/07/26/ea-proclaims-swtor-preorder-breaks-records/

EA CFO Eric Brown did say, "In September, we will be in a position to call the ball and give you a hard ship date" following the major beta testing push.

• Could slip into 2012 apparantly?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6333124/battlefield-3-preorders-hit-125-million

"Brown also addressed EA and BioWare's upcoming massively multiplayer online role-playing game Star Wars: The Old Republic during his Citi 2011 Tech Conference appearance. Of note, Brown said that EA still expects to launch the game this year, but the publisher has allowed in its earnings expectations that the game could slip into early 2012."

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

Originally posted by Nadia

The unannounced release date kind of bugs me, it could be Oct, it could be Feb 2012 for all we know.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/07/26/ea-proclaims-swtor-preorder-breaks-records/

EA CFO Eric Brown did say, "In September, we will be in a position to call the ball and give you a hard ship date" following the major beta testing push.

That major beta testing push has already fallen over after only one weekend. We will be lucky to see any more beta weekends this month.

IMO this game is coming out in 2012, pre orders were started 2 months ago and they are still no closer to giving out a release date, back when Spring 2011 was the release date all the same stuff was happening as now minus one failed beta weekend and right up until the delay they still held onto that schedule.

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Originally posted by SlickShoes

That major beta testing push has already fallen over after only one weekend. We will be lucky to see any more beta weekends this month.

IMO this game is coming out in 2012, pre orders were started 2 months ago and they are still no closer to giving out a release date, back when Spring 2011 was the release date all the same stuff was happening as now minus one failed beta weekend and right up until the delay they still held onto that schedule.

Personally i don't see a week or two delay as delaying it to 2012 and if i recall the line correctly they said that there is an outside chance, which means they aren't saying we are going to ship in 2011 no matter what but they aren't saying it will be likely be delayed to 2012.

Maybe it's just me but i see that as a good thing that EA isn't forcing Bioware to release in 2011 because that means they want to give Bioware all the time they need to make the game polished as can be.

Now if they do for some reason need to delay to 2012 i'll be a little sad for a bit that i have to wait longer but i think it will be better for it and thus last longer, I formost want a well done polished game rather then a game now.  Especially as this will likely be the game i'll be with till they close the doors in the future. 

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• FratmanFratman Member Posts: 344

Originally posted by whilan

Maybe it's just me but i see that as a good thing that EA isn't forcing Bioware to release in 2011 because that means they want to give Bioware all the time they need to make the game polished as can be.

Now if they do for some reason need to delay to 2012 i'll be a little sad for a bit that i have to wait longer but i think it will be better for it and thus last longer, I formost want a well done polished game rather then a game now.  

Why do people still think that pushing back a release date means the game will be more polished? It just means to me that the developers are incompetent. First it's Spring 2011, then it's Fall, now maybe it's 2012.  To look at a delay and think it bodes well for the game is silly.

• MillbargeMillbarge Member Posts: 46

Stephen Reid said they're still on Target for Holiday 2011 which is anywhere from 11/25 through the end of the year by most assumptions.  In my opinion it'll be available for pre-orders on 11/22 and  a wide release on 11/25, Black Friday.

Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."

Originally posted by Millbarge

Stephen Reid said they're still on Target for Holiday 2011

Reid didnt mention "release status"  in his beta impressions first post

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=479405

but he did address it among the numerous questions following that post

http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

I'll be surprised if EA announces a launch date during this month

-- probably see an announcement in October

regardless how it unfolds, people will have fun soon enough ;)

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

Stephen Reid said they're still on Target for Holiday 2011 which is anywhere from 11/25 through the end of the year by most assumptions.  In my opinion it'll be available for pre-orders on 11/22 and  a wide release on 11/25, Black Friday.

He also said they were on target for Spring 2011 right up until it wasn't Spring 2011 anymore. These guys just put out the information they are told to.

• David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813

As much as I want to play now, a delay into 2012 will make for a better game rest assured

• Archangel326Archangel326 Member Posts: 43

This game is done they are just fixing minor bugs, tweeking certain features, Stress testing, unlocking certain high end areas as more poeple hit the high lvls. I.E. POLISHING THE GAME.

• negacrowbarnegacrowbar Member Posts: 149

Somewhere after Skyrmm and before Guild Wars 2. That would be fine.

He also said they were on target for Spring 2011 right up until it wasn't Spring 2011 anymore. These guys just put out the information they are told to.

I don't remember  anyone ever saying that.  Link?

Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."

• grunt187grunt187 Member CommonPosts: 956

It will come out when its ready. image

The following statement is false
    The previous statement is true

• dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176

Holiday 2011 is still the official position.

I don't remember  anyone ever saying that.  Link?

I think it was a fan misinterpretation of EA saying it will launch after the close of their fiscal year (mar 2011)

if you read this link

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5670792#edit5670792

- its clear EA always said 2011, not spring 2011

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

will be lunched on 31 december at 11:59 pm in 2011

• Billis74Billis74 Member Posts: 1

and why u say that?

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Originally posted by drbaltazar

will be lunched on 31 december at 11:59 pm in 2011

I could live with that :)

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Originally posted by AzurePrower

When it is done.

I really doubt they follow the "When it is done" approach...they are not know for release when its done, rather to sticking to schedules and they have EA on their backs...

• Archangel326Archangel326 Member Posts: 43

During E3 2010 Dallas Dickins did state that they were AIMING for Spring 2011. And I would say that unless something major happens when they get the Beta weekends back up and running(after the major client update). This game will be out before the end of the year. I also am leaning towards November 22ish.  

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

for once i doubt ea will push on this team,they dont want a haf done game,ea tried to push other team before with rather weak success in term of sale i bet ea will be patient this time around.yes this game can and could be a great success but it could also be a very big flop.and often it is better to delay when other arent releasing then try to be at same time .f2p arent bigg competition for aaa title on average but if they released at same time as say blizzard next expension or update (deathwing)

or gw2,we all know that swtor would be a weak success at best compared to if they were alone or almost releasing their title

now theyll wait to see blizzard schedule and arenanet schedule of release then they ll announce when they release swtor!

Originally posted by Archangel326

During E3 2010 Dallas Dickins did state that they were AIMING for Spring 2011.

I dug around and also found this

from January 2010

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=109426

While we have not announced a specific date, we can confirm that we are targeting a spring 2011 release for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™

I know its not relevant anymore

but I understand better why fans were expecting Spring 2011

Originally posted by Archangel326

During E3 2010 Dallas Dickins did state that they were AIMING for Spring 2011.

I dug around and also found this

from January 2010

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=109426

While we have not announced a specific date, we can confirm that we are targeting a spring 2011 release for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™

I know its not relevant anymore

but I understand better why fans were expecting Spring 2011

Yeah, I remember that now.  And they revised that a few times between January 2010 and Spring 2011.  I was just questioning the other posters insistance that they said Spring of 2011  right up until Spring 2011.  Good find. Cheers.

• LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587

A November 23rdish release would not surprise me