Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Giving EVE another shot...

gryphon93gryphon93 Member Posts: 68

Here's my history:

Started in Red Moon Rising. Stopped playing in Trinity. Started again in Apocrypha. Stopped again in Incursion.

Any advice from folks playing Incarna?

Comments

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

My advice...don't play.  Wait until a better game comes out.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Originally posted by Teala

My advice...don't play.  Wait until a better game comes out.

Sadly Teala is right.

For how much I want to just love this game as it does so many things so very right...

The things it does wrong are just SO wrong... it's near impossible to overcome.

Sadly, CCP seems to be more focused on RMT and FPS console games then fixing and expanding and making their game better.

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

In my opinion, the most important thing most players can do to provide fun in the game is to find a great corp. Keep looking until you do.

• kovahkovah Member UncommonPosts: 692

+1 at the above post.

Alot of us "old schoolers" are a little ticked off right now about the direction that it seems CCP is taking things but EVE is still a great game.  I've tried just about all aspects of it over the years and I've only grown bored with them when I wasn't with a corp I liked.  Hell, even shooting rox can be fun with a group of cool people along for the ride.

Cheers!

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228
    OP you should find a group of ppl to play and then open your account if you want to restart solo just dont do it

BestSigEver :P

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

The space game hasn't changed enough since Incursion to be enough to keep you if you quit during Incursion.

Incarna was a necessary evil and hopefully it will be out of the way pretty soon so that CCP can get back to business.

• gryphon93gryphon93 Member Posts: 68

Thanks for all the responses.

I purchased a month to check it out and found that not much has changed from Incursion.

I'm not sure what the point of the Captain's Quarters are, except as a stepping stone to full "walking in stations" they have been promising for years now. A lot of graphical 3D-ness just to do things that were easy one-clicks previously. It seems a lot more cumbersome just to board your ship now.

As much as I think the character customization is VERY cool, I don't see the point right now. I'll give it the full month and make a decision then.

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

I never understood why anyone cared about the walking around in the captain's quarters. It seemed so stupid to me. How anyone could get excited about that is beyond me, much less resub to the game mainly because of that. All I can imagine is that they are just a bunch of suckers.

Anyway, I'd advise you to just play the game as normal and ignore the stupid shit like that if you don't like it. Judge the game on the gameplay, not the pointless shit they made for another game or made for the "all style no substance" crowd.

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

Originally posted by Jimmac

I never understood why anyone cared about the walking around in the captain's quarters. It seemed so stupid to me. How anyone could get excited about that is beyond me, much less resub to the game mainly because of that. All I can imagine is that they are just a bunch of suckers.

Anyway, I'd advise you to just play the game as normal and ignore the stupid shit like that if you don't like it. Judge the game on the gameplay, not the pointless shit they made for another game or made for the "all style no substance" crowd.

People wanted to walk in stations not capt. 1/4ers, but they seem to constantly forget how CCP does things.

Incremental steps that are improved over time, which is what you would expect from a company that doesn't charge for expansions, although, WIS would of been perfect as a purchasable exapansion pack seperate from Eve proper.

• kovahkovah Member UncommonPosts: 692

I never cared about WiCQ but I definitely have an interest in the potential of WiS.  Personally, I've disabled the station environment in the options due to it increasing load times when docking and undocking.

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

Damn there's some hate in this thread.

Welcome back to eve OP. My advice to you is come up with a 3, 6 and 12 month goal and then look for a corp that can help you reach that.

Dont let the hate get yah down.

• KomandorKomandor Member Posts: 272

OP I see you are an UO fan as well. Same as me. If so, EVE might be something you like.

Keep on rockin'!image