Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar seem like it be a good casual MMO

IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

I have to admit it dose look like it would be a good casual MMO even though I am not a huge fan of eastern games. F2P is not really my thing but this one I can see playing when I need a break from TOR and nothing better then a very good F2P MMO hopefully WS will change my mind about NCSoft sorry There history with me personally has left a sour taste but hey no problem I guess the key word here is free.

Comments

• LeoghanLeoghan Member Posts: 607

Eastern games? I don't think Carbine Stuidos is an Asian studio, while there is a clear Asian influence in their art, that appears to be intentional. 

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

So far the only thing that it "seems" is that it has a different visual style than most MMO's. There is very very little info about it and the little there has been from those who have had hands on hasn't been particularly positive. Its far too early to be making guesses at whether this game will be any good at all.

• VerterdegeteVerterdegete Member UncommonPosts: 247

Originally posted by Isturi

I have to admit it dose look like it would be a good casual MMO even though I am not a huge fan of eastern games. F2P is not really my thing but this one I can see playing when I need a break from TOR and nothing better then a very good F2P MMO hopefully WS will change my mind about Carbine sorry There history with me personally has left a sour taste but hey no problem I guess the key word here is free.

First of all, it's not an eastern game. And secondly, what history with them ? This is their first title.

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

Originally posted by Verterdegete

I have to admit it dose look like it would be a good casual MMO even though I am not a huge fan of eastern games. F2P is not really my thing but this one I can see playing when I need a break from TOR and nothing better then a very good F2P MMO hopefully WS will change my mind about Carbine sorry There history with me personally has left a sour taste but hey no problem I guess the key word here is free.

First of all, it's not an eastern game. And secondly, what history with them ? This is their first title.

Sorry ment to say NCSoft. And yes it is a Eastern game they are located in South Korea that is about as far east as one can go. lol

• LeoghanLeoghan Member Posts: 607

Sorry ment to say NCSoft. And yes it is a Eastern game they are located in South Korea that is about as far east as one can go. lol

The Developer of Wildstar is Carbine Studios not NC Soft, NC Soft is the publisher. Carbine Studios is located in California. 

Originally posted by Leoghan

The Developer of Wildstar is Carbine Studios not NC Soft, NC Soft is the publisher. Carbine Studios is located in California. 

TY for the info.

• Zap-RoboZap-Robo Member UncommonPosts: 233

There is no confirmed info on what subscription method they'll be using as of yet - it may well be a P2P game (in fact, I'm fairly sure it will be, so NCsoft can rake some money back on their investment) and not a F2P game.

--
    Admin @ http://wildstar-central.com/
    ZapRobo (PlanetSide 2) | Zap-Robo (The Secret World)
    @Master Zaprobo (City of Heroes) | Zaphod@Zap-Robo (Star Trek Online)

• NobadeeftwNobadeeftw Member UncommonPosts: 129

It's way to early for me to come to any presumptions of this game; but, for the moment I can say I am a bit intrigued.  Most Sci-Fi MMOs all are identical.  Same art concept and same extreme penalties and flakey open PvP environments; this looks like it could be different.  As I said though, too early to make any presumptions.

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

Originally posted by Zap-Robo

There is no confirmed info on what subscription method they'll be using as of yet - it may well be a P2P game (in fact, I'm fairly sure it will be, so NCsoft can rake some money back on their investment) and not a F2P game.

funny because I hadnt heard of any payment models yet either and I've had my ear to them since gamescom, although I was listening to a massively podcast and the host said something about the game being F2P. 

any clue where people are getting this idea from?

• ZenIrishChaiZenIrishChai Member UncommonPosts: 527

I like what I've seen so far too. There just haven't been enough decent SciFi MMOs and hoping this one will make an effort to stand out enough that it can be a niche success if nothing else. Really hoping to get in to beta so I can help workout the kinks and play a part in it's smooth release, because it's going to need it with SWTOR releasing soon. If this releases as smoothly as Rift, I think it'll have a pretty good chance to make some money regardless of the big competition coming up.

• miceinblackmiceinblack Member Posts: 122

The graphics initially made me think its a Space WoW but there are some noted differences in that the character animations are quite fluid and the characters are more detailed. I like the idea of paths and the Path of Settler is interesting because you can build structures. I'm curious if large player built cities will be possible with some settlers maintaining defenses while others run the banks or other city functions. I hope they have lore cut scenes that are done similar to the trailer. I can't really give any judgment on this game till I try it hands on. It definitely has caught my interest.

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

the game is uninspired to my eyes and is not going to beat the competition of upcoming diablo 3 swtor and guildwars 2.

• uncletomauncletoma Member UncommonPosts: 159

I hope that this game can be good such as Eden Eternal without abnormal grinding for levelling up. If is like it i will play it.

• MMOtoGOMMOtoGO Member Posts: 630

My only hope is that if the game isn't wildly (no pun intended) successful that NCSoft won't force it into an early grave.

• jproc574jproc574 Member Posts: 2

I played the Demo at PAX twice. Once as the Aurin Esper and again as the Granok Warrior. I loved the gameplay so much. The combat was very innovative. When an enemy uses a special ability the affects a specific area a red circle appears where the attack will affect and you are able to double tap a directional (WAS or D) to avoid the oncoming attack. The combat requires constant attention and the abilities are exciting and different from what I was used to in WoW, Rift, FFXI, FFXIV, AoC, LoTR, WAR, and AION. Of every MMO that I've played the combat in Wildstar has been the most gripping and exciting. And the artwork is the most appealing to me.

I would never consider this to be an exclusively casual MMO. The PVE is more difficult and enthralling than you're used to, I assure you. Also, it is not an "Eastern MMO". Carbine is based out of Aliso Viejo, California and has many people from very successful games working on Wildstar. Games such as World of Warcraft, Everquest 1 and 2, Warhammer Online, City of Heroes, Free Realms, Diablo II, StarCraft, Fallout, Metroid Prime.

Wildstar is the only game I am interested in when it comes to MMOs in the coming 2 years. At Penny Arcade Expo I was lucky to get an opportunity to check out all the MMOs there including TOR, GW2, and TSW. Nothing can compare to Wildstar in terms of gameplay, artwork, and innovation.

Originally posted by jproc574

I played the Demo at PAX twice. Once as the Aurin Esper and again as the Granok Warrior. I loved the gameplay so much. The combat was very innovative. When an enemy uses a special ability the affects a specific area a red circle appears where the attack will affect and you are able to double tap a directional (WAS or D) to avoid the oncoming attack. The combat requires constant attention and the abilities are exciting and different from what I was used to in WoW, Rift, FFXI, FFXIV, AoC, LoTR, WAR, and AION. Of every MMO that I've played the combat in Wildstar has been the most gripping and exciting. And the artwork is the most appealing to me.

I would never consider this to be an exclusively casual MMO. The PVE is more difficult and enthralling than you're used to, I assure you. Also, it is not an "Eastern MMO". Carbine is based out of Aliso Viejo, California and has many people from very successful games working on Wildstar. Games such as World of Warcraft, Everquest 1 and 2, Warhammer Online, City of Heroes, Free Realms, Diablo II, StarCraft, Fallout, Metroid Prime.

Wildstar is the only game I am interested in when it comes to MMOs in the coming 2 years. At Penny Arcade Expo I was lucky to get an opportunity to check out all the MMOs there including TOR, GW2, and TSW. Nothing can compare to Wildstar in terms of gameplay, artwork, and innovation.

WOW I'm happy that you like WS this much enough to have your very first post in our community. Well Again I'm looking forward to it.

• jproc574jproc574 Member Posts: 2

Haha yeah I was very very impressed at the demo. It really made me want a place to talk about it. I guess these forums are the place. I'm really busy with work right now so I won't get a chance to post often but if people have questions I don't mind answering about what I experienced in-game.

• MwahahaMwahaha Member UncommonPosts: 126

This game looks amazing so far.   The MMO market has been kinda dry lately but this game looks like something I can play for more than a few months.

Played:  EQ, EQ2, Vanguard, WAR, WoW, LoTRO, CoX, CO, GW2, FFXIV: ARR, AoC, Rift, TSW, SWTOR, TERA, BnS, ESO

• Zap-RoboZap-Robo Member UncommonPosts: 233

Originally posted by jproc574

Haha yeah I was very very impressed at the demo. It really made me want a place to talk about it. I guess these forums are the place. I'm really busy with work right now so I won't get a chance to post often but if people have questions I don't mind answering about what I experienced in-game.

Forums here are a little dead for WildStar - I'd recommend checking the fansite list and checking the forums there (and yes, this is another veiled hint to get yourself over to WildStar Central where we got plenty of WS game discussion!)

--
    Admin @ http://wildstar-central.com/
    ZapRobo (PlanetSide 2) | Zap-Robo (The Secret World)
    @Master Zaprobo (City of Heroes) | Zaphod@Zap-Robo (Star Trek Online)