Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

great time to start playing

ever since the megaservers this game has been popping. Now this game will be releasing the DLC next tuesday for free to active subscribers and anyone who purchases the game.

If anyone has been a little skeptical about this game, now is trully the time to give it a shot!

Comments

• galphargalphar Member UncommonPosts: 81

I'm not skeptical about DCUO, I know it is a dead game on the PC. It's good for the PS3 crowd who only play 1-2hrs a day. But the real MMO players that frequent here know it sucks. No amount of "free" content is going change how fast you level and how easy the "end-game" is.  SOE has gotten all the $$$$ they can from the loyal DCUO players with the DLC and now are releasing it for free. Bet that makes all those who paid for it real happy.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Their all new sony station server status page would beg to differ http://www.soe.com/status/

• galphargalphar Member UncommonPosts: 81

Originally posted by Kabaal

Their all new sony station server status page would beg to differ http://www.soe.com/status/

Having one "mega-"server at medium and the rest at low  at 5pm on the east coast is worse than before the mega-servers were put in. At least back then you had 9 pc servers at low and one at medium in the US.

• KelthiusKelthius Member UncommonPosts: 298

When they give me a free trial, I will play it. There's no way I'm going to spend money on an SOE game without trying it first.

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757

Originally posted by Kelthius

When they give me a free trial, I will play it. There's no way I'm going to spend money on an SOE game without trying it first.

There is no way I am even gonna try a SOE game anyway.

• mcburlymcburly Member Posts: 234

Originally posted by galphar

I'm not skeptical about DCUO, I know it is a dead game on the PC. It's good for the PS3 crowd who only play 1-2hrs a day. But the real MMO players that frequent here know it sucks. No amount of "free" content is going change how fast you level and how easy the "end-game" is.  SOE has gotten all the $$$$ they can from the loyal DCUO players with the DLC and now are releasing it for free. Bet that makes all those who paid for it real happy.

its not a dead game at all now. Oh and no one has paid for the DLC so you are wrong there. LOL at "real mmo players"

Originally posted by Robokapp

Originally posted by mcburly

ever since the megaservers this game has been popping. Now this game will be releasing the DLC next tuesday for free to active subscribers and anyone who purchases the game.

If anyone has been a little skeptical about this game, now is trully the time to give it a shot!

oh wow what a favor. it's like a content patch in an mmo but without the massive queue times on patch day.

come on!!!

theres probably gonna be some queue times when it comes out tuesday.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Just to keep things in perspective.  While the DCU US servers are listed at "high", the Vanguard server is also listed as "Medium" and Vanguard doesn't have more than a few hundred players online. 

If less than 300 people constitutes Medium server loads, what does it take to get to Heavy?

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Originally posted by Daffid011

Just to keep things in perspective.  While the DCU US servers are listed at "high", the Vanguard server is also listed as "Medium" and Vanguard doesn't have more than a few hundred players online. 

If less than 300 people constitutes Medium server loads, what does it take to get to Heavy?

Trion also uses this.  Ive seen a Rift medium server with 305 people on it (yes, counting both factions)

• EquintinEquintin Member UncommonPosts: 137

Is this a joke?

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

That SOE server list is kind of funny, even PS3 DCU looks half-dead from that. SOE has always set a certain measurement to light, med, heavy (they actually changed the threshold in SWG shortly after the NGE was launched). In City of Heroes the Freedom and Virtue servers hits 2 dots (3 dots is full) every evening and /search brings up 600-800 players, and during double xp weekend or events 3 dots usually bring up 2000+ players- and that game is reaching 7 years old.

• TalthanysTalthanys Member Posts: 458

I've almost picked this game up twice now because the PvP was heard to be awesome (and I love superheroes). But I turned away both times due to A) SONY sucking it hardcore and B) the PvP cheats that let people gear up illegally.

I will wait for a free trial.

lantern powers are out as of today and they are awesome. The servers are booming and lots of people are stoked with a lot of the new stuff. Like I said in my OP, its a great time to start playing this game!

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Originally posted by mcburly

lantern powers are out as of today and they are awesome. The servers are booming and lots of people are stoked with a lot of the new stuff. Like I said in my OP, its a great time to start playing this game!

I am downloading as we speak and I can hardly wait , loved the game and especially the combat when it first came out , I do play several MMO's and this game is one of  my favorites

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Id like a free trial of this game. Hopefully they will offer one soon.

• TakiusTakius Member Posts: 12

I would love to give this game another shot now that the lantern powers are out, but I really need an answer to the following question before I resub: Is the Fight for the Light pack free for new and returning players? The info I have seen thus far makes it sound like it's only going to be free for people with active subs on patch day.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by Takius

Is the Fight for the Light pack free for new and returning players? The info I have seen thus far makes it sound like it's only going to be free for people with active subs on patch day.

looks free to me - I see no pricing for it

http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/fightforthelight/

• DarkShadow74DarkShadow74 Member UncommonPosts: 108

I am looking for a game to play right now, and I do have DCUO, I got it back when it came out. I am looking for a game where I can have a ton of Socializition. And when I played right after the SOE mess up, there was like no one around, and it was hard to find a league to join etc. So my question is should I and would it be worth coming back knowing what I am looking for?

• TakiusTakius Member Posts: 12

I'm going to answer my own question from a few posts back with an answer from the official forums:

"If you just resubscribed or are resubscribing in the immediate future it should be made availalbe to you for free. Details of a cut off date for this are not availalbe at this time however we're extending it to current players free of charge for the immediate future."

So if you want the DLC "free" you should resub before the offer expires. I don't know if this also applies to new players. If you wait until the offer expires you will need to buy it I guess. It also looks like you will only be able to respec 2 characters to Green/Yellow Lanterns since you only get 2 lantern respec tokens when you claim the DLC. Currently there is no other way to get additional respec tokens since the DLC is not listed in the ingame marketplace yet.

• ShadowStyleBShadowStyleB Member UncommonPosts: 315

I love how someone lumps themselves in with the "real MMO players".  Most players who play "real MMO's" and I am not talking about the tons of F2P ones out there don't frequent this website. 

AS stated already, the DLC was never charged for so no one paid for it therefore all those DCUO players who "didn't pay" are real happy they are getting it free.

"Real MMO players" that's so funny.

"You think this "A" stands for France?" Captain America

• BeaumanBeauman Member UncommonPosts: 142

Get your facts straight . . . there has been NO charge for the DLC to anyone.

No one. None. Zip.