Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Introducing the Guild Wars 2 Charr Plush!

RameiArashiRameiArashi Member UncommonPosts: 294

I absolutely refuse to buy anything charr related but for those who like them http://www.arena.net/blog/introducing-the-guild-wars-2-charr-plush

Comments

• TalthanysTalthanys Member Posts: 458

Just curious...what do you have against things Charr related? It makes no sense.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Yaaaaa....no. Just no.

• RameiArashiRameiArashi Member UncommonPosts: 294

Have you played Guild Wars: Prophecies? The charr are evil.

I plan to play a fierce human and go around smaking charr npcs.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Yikes...$35!!!

Yeah, no thanks...they can keep it.  Besides I have dogs that would turn that Charr inside-out within 10min!

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

... so here I was thinkin' "This'll be cool for the kid to play with" ...

She thinks anything that is related to daddy's awesome games are... awesome.

Then I saw the price.  Yea, no thanks.  It's a plush... not a gold plated toilet seat or something equally awesome.

• Short-StrawShort-Straw Member Posts: 422

My wife is going to buy three, heavy sigh.

• Dream_ChaserDream_Chaser Member Posts: 1,043

Want. Have bought. Will own.

I have nothing more to say than that. Good on ya, ANet.

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

Here's a post by Martin Kerstein on the Charr plushie.

"some clarifications on some points: 

- I can assure you that the "quantities are limited" is no "Marketing BS". They are limited.

- The model is bigger than the Wind Rider and also more detailed. We had them next to each other.

- 35$ is a reasonable prize for a plush of this size and quality. Before calling it "ridiculous" "overprized" or "rip off", I highly recommend to do some resarch in how production of things like this actually works.

- The plushie is absolutely adorable, even though he gets a bit grumpy when I forbid him to play with the iPad. :P"

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/showpost.php?p=911306&postcount=99

Originally posted by RameiArashi

What is this 'smaking' activity you speak of? Does it involve little biscuits and mint tea? I'd imaigne so, given your usual demeanour. Awfully nice of you, that.

Anyway, no, that's the view of the Ascalon propaganda machine and the poor sots brainwashed into believing it. Ascalon was pretty much Tyria's fascist regime - war with everyone, genetic superiority, all that jazz. Of course, as an Ascalonian, you're going to buy into all that genetic superiority stuff and see the charr as lesser creatures. You'll want to do a little ethnic cleansing, a little land stealing, and when that ceases to thrill you you'll turn on your own and wage war with your own people just because they had the audacity to fly a different flag. Kryta and Orr, for example.

Yep, typical Ascalonian. You might want to take a look in a mirror at some point, the savage you perceive in others will be staring back at you. :p

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

I´ll start buying this kind of things to show some love & support Anet,   when the game is done......

....not before srry.

I bought lots of things from Anet at GW just for that reason...to support a GREAT game with no month fees or cash shop whatsoever!

But i want the game before spending on merchandising srry

• claytosclaytos Member Posts: 177

Originally posted by RameiArashi

Actually... Human are more evil than Charr. Know your lore!

• WhySoShortWhySoShort Member Posts: 315

$35. Awww... but it's just so... cuuuute! I'm lucky I don't have $35, or live on either of continents it's available on. 

• silenossilenos Member Posts: 116

I want a Sylvari Necro 'Barbie' please. :P

I want to reborn as a Sylvari.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by claytos

I only know the lore from the game manuals

but Charr were described as a greater threat than humans greed for power

http://www.guildwars.com/gameplay/exploring/tyria/story/historytyria.php

Eventually, as all things do, the wars did come to an end. But it was not the words of the silver-tongued peace negotiators or even the rough hand of a conquering hero that ended the Guild Wars.

The resolution was instead brought about by an even greater war—a war brought by the Charr. In unprecedented numbers, the beasts from the north swept down through all three human kingdoms. Ascalon, Orr, and Kryta, embroiled in conflict with one another for more than fifty years, dropped their grudges and turned their attentions to defending their borders against the new threat.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Cute!  Too bad it doesn't come with a code for a Charr in-game mini-pet.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • DiovidiusDiovidius Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

Originally posted by Nadia

Originally posted by claytos

I only know the lore from the game manuals

but Charr were described as a greater threat than humans greed for power

http://www.guildwars.com/gameplay/exploring/tyria/story/historytyria.php

Eventually, as all things do, the wars did come to an end. But it was not the words of the silver-tongued peace negotiators or even the rough hand of a conquering hero that ended the Guild Wars.

The resolution was instead brought about by an even greater war—a war brought by the Charr. In unprecedented numbers, the beasts from the north swept down through all three human kingdoms. Ascalon, Orr, and Kryta, embroiled in conflict with one another for more than fifty years, dropped their grudges and turned their attentions to defending their borders against the new threat.

Remember that GW1 was a human-centric game thus even lore articles such as that should be taken with a grain of salt. Also remember that the charr were first pushed out of Ascalon by the Humans before reclaiming it.

Besides, anyone who thinks humans should continue to support Ebonhawke is anti-human in my eyes. The amount of resources it costs in terms of men, food, weapons etc is just mad in a time where there are Elder Dragons, bandits and centaurs who threaten humanity at a time where humanity is already heavily on the decline (compared to GW1). Besides, who really thinks that the kingdom of Kryta is able to defeat the charr legions? It looks to me as if the charr have the advantage in both numbers and technology. Besides the kingdom of Kryta is unstable with a power struggle between Caudecus and the queen.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Originally posted by romanator0

Here's a post by Martin Kerstein on the Charr plushie.

"some clarifications on some points: 

1.  I can assure you that the "quantities are limited" is no "Marketing BS". They are limited.

2. 35$ is a reasonable prize for a plush of this size and quality. Before calling it "ridiculous" "overprized" or "rip off", I highly recommend to do some resarch in how production of things like this actually works.

3. The plushie is absolutely adorable, even though he gets a bit grumpy when I forbid him to play with the iPad. :P"

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/showpost.php?p=911306&postcount=99

1.  Limited as in 5K or 500K(+)? either is 'limited' but for the 'collector spin' the former is a hell of a lot more interesting than the latter

2. No argument as to the price but let's face it...it's still marketing.

3. Having game reps berate customers for having an opinion then follow up with a sappy 'ha-ha' makes ME less a potential customer for anything being sold.

• KillyoxKillyox Member CommonPosts: 424

LOL seriously i would SOOOOOOO buy it for my girlfriend hahahah XD [she is not a gamer but i like the plushie ;p and she would prolly like it too:>]

Looks awesome!

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

Asura would be perfect as a plushie.

And they're already sold out in the EU store! Apparently ArenaNet has underestimated how popular charr-related merchandise would be. (I can't help but think that Guru had a hand in that. But the speed that they sold out will speak volumes.)

It's pretty funny how fast they sold out, though. Well, there are still some left in the PA store... but those are selling out fast, too! There are only a few left! If any of you still want one, you'd better act pretty damn fast because these little buggers are flying off the shelves.

@Diovidius

Exactly right. Anyone who allies themselves with the queen is alright by me. There's been too much inter-racial squabble as it is. Almorra, the charr leader of the Vigil, worked with Queen Jenna and Smodur to create a peace. This peace is enforced throughout the charr via respect. Acting against the peace treaty is regarded as treason amongst the charr ranks, and hate toward their Imperator. Amongst humans it's just disrespect to the queen.

But to be honest, anyone who's trying to create a situation where the wars are still going on is just someone who's trying to profit off war for selfish and idiotic reasons. Yes, let's have a war, let's set the humans against the charr again, and whilst the humans and teh charr are battling, the elder dragons will just drop by and rofflestomp on us all, winning their war very easily. That's exactly what we need. See, it's pragmatic and sensible to stand by the treaty.

In the past, there has been plenty of savagery, and I would fight the notion that the charr were responsible for it, because there was more than enough to go around. The lore now tells us that the humans were already on the brink of extinction by the time the Searing came along, anyway. The funny thing is is that if the Flame Legion had just sat on their arses for a few more decades and not done anything, the humans would've wiped themselves out via their three nation war.

But the Flame Legion was staffed by evil dicks, they did what they did to Ascalon not to regain land but as a show of power, to bring the charr legions into line and help with the brainwashing of the other charr legions. (This is mentioned in both the game and the books.) After the charr broke free of this insidious leadership, they outcasted the Flame Legion (whom still seem to be dicks) and went their own way. Smodur the Unflinching is a very progressive person, and even before the treaty he allowed anyone into the Citadel of any race so long as they could prove they had worth to the charr. (This included humans.)

I think that all in all the charr just realise that it would be stupid to go to war with the humans at this point, and what's happening instead is that both the charr and humankind (with humankind no longer being brainwashed by their gods, whom have now abandoned them) in that world are learning to respect each other, and work together. I suppose what I'm getting at is that a lot of the human corruption was due to the gods dicking around with human destiny, and we saw a lot of that in the original Guild Wars campaigns. In fact, we found out in Nightfall what complete shits the human gods were. (They are NOT nice people.)

So all of the human wars, and the human atrocities, could like be attributed to the gods interfering with them and egging them on. Due to the gods being corrupt, horrible beings. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if the dragons were actually tied to the gods as some kind of darker id to the gods, and that they were actually one and the same. That's a theory I've had for a while now and it honestly wouldn't surprise me. But yeah, without these so-caleld gods dicking around with human destiny, the humans have become more sensible and less savage, too.

That's what there was a lot of in the past.

See, it was the gods who were dicking around with the Flame Legion, they gave them the titans, and the titans were the creation of the human god Abaddon. Abaddon gave the charr those so that he might carry out his entirely petty war against the other human gods, and really the charr and the humans were just caught in the middle. Personally my characters will have no anti-human sentiments because they'll understand this. It'll be ancient history by this point. And they'll be a little more clued in as to what's going on. Sarizar is going to be a very bookish person, after all.

It's just that some people who roleplay humans wind me up a bit, because they roleplay as if it were 250 years ago and as if they were still being brainwashed by their gods. But humans in GW2 are now free of their gods, they're free to do whatever they like, and I think they should start acting like it. Just as the charr have.

---

(And yes, I am suggesting that Guild Wars: Prophecies looked like the gods moving pieces around on a board, treating people like pieces on it, and not being afraid to do whatever was necessary for their side to win. That's how it felt. The humans and the charr were just pawns in their little game. Abaddon had charr pieces, via the titans, and the human gods had Ascalon. It was just a giant chess board, and religion was used to effectively brainwash both sides into total obeissance. The charr broke free of their gods via warfare, and the humans sort of convinced their gods to bugger off, after a fashion, in Nightfall. This is why the treaty can happen now. There are no people moving the pieces on the board. There's free will, so there can be a treaty, but it's a shame that some humans are acting like they have no free will at all, and that they're still pawns.)

---

(One more amusing morsel to consider: If the human gods hadn't sent a divine avatar to kill the Kahn-Ur back when they were stealing charr land, then the charr likely would have figured out what was happening and might have made a push into the gods own dimension and killed them. They had the organisation and power to pull this off, and in doing so they would have freed the humans from their thrall as well.)

• NeikoNeiko Member UncommonPosts: 626

Well I just spent 45 bucks. I figured it's going to be worth it, since they say it's 17 inches long. That's quite large for a plush, just wondering if that's with the tail extended or not... Either way, I'm a huge Charr fanboi, so when I'm playing GW2 and it's sitting next to my monitor, I'll hug it and then charge out at the enemy. =3

• XChaoticGodXXChaoticGodX Member Posts: 2

The price is a little much for me but i still got it haha. It is sooooo cute!

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

already sold out in europe XD

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • NeikoNeiko Member UncommonPosts: 626

Originally posted by timeraider

already sold out in europe XD

Yeah... That happening made me decide if i wanted it or not XD. Since I'm in the US, I still had a chance for one.