Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is AOC worth coming back to?

I am consdering going back to aoc since my sint there before was only as far as the trial. Is it worth coming back to and trying to see whats change or is it the same? Need some thoughts on this from everyone.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comments

• Grand_NagusGrand_Nagus Member UncommonPosts: 335

You should really try it and see for yourself. I'm not being smart or sarcastic either. Everyone has their own personal taste, and its safe to say some people are enjoying the game and others arent. So the only way to know how you will feel about it is to try it yourself . Since its free, its not like its going to cost you anything  =P

• skulyskuly Member UncommonPosts: 140

I'd rather waste my times trying to find a team in anarchy online then play Age of Conan, thats if i had to choose.

But yeah i had hoped AOC would be more fun or i'd atleast want to play it occassionally once it went f2p, the truth is though, that just like champions online and lotr, if they wheren't fun when they where p2p, and the money wasn't an issue but the gameplay was boring or frustrating, then as f2p they probably still aren't going to be worth your time. But you have to find out for yourself.

Edit: it only took me like 10 mins in AOC:unchained before i remembered why i don't like the game, same thing with runes of magic, i go back to Rom every few months and right away get reminded why i hate the game. Lucky thign is that eventually it sinks in and you stay away for a logn time, i spent 45$ on wow payign 15$ for a month of game time every few months and only playing 1-4 days before i was bored again, so wasted 45$ for 3 months and now i just remember that every time i think about goign back to wow. Same with Anarchy online, but i wasted way more then 45$ on Anarchy online, tryign to get back into it.

Processor: Intel Core I5-2320
    Memory: 8GB DDR3 RAM
    HDD: Samsung 830 256gb SSD-SATA3
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7950 3gb

Steam:Skuly
    Warframe:Skuly1775

• rpgalonrpgalon Member Posts: 430

the only thing that made me stop with AoC was the population.

I'm back and enjoying it now, but like others said, you have to see for yourself.

• skulyskuly Member UncommonPosts: 140

Originally posted by rpgalon

the only thing that made me stop with AoC was the population.

I'm back and enjoying it now, but like others said, you have to see for yourself.

That is how i have been with Anarchy online since 2006, i never really liked aoc, and i was in the beta years ago and gave up on it then till the godslayer expansion, i was still bored but i pushed myself and ended hating the questing and dying while questing over and over, just hated everything about aoc basically, i was naive to think f2p would change anything, especially since funcom kinda of made it clear they wheren't going to be making any drastic gameplay changes.

Edit: I'm kind of biased though when it comes to mmorpg's, they have to be really good to keep my attention if they aren't sci-fi, and the healing classes have to be fun, aoc healing classes where not fun to me and all i play is healer.

Processor: Intel Core I5-2320
    Memory: 8GB DDR3 RAM
    HDD: Samsung 830 256gb SSD-SATA3
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7950 3gb

Steam:Skuly
    Warframe:Skuly1775

• SulaaSulaa Member UncommonPosts: 1,329

No it is not worth imho. There are no changes, tbh. Just a cash shop. 

• LuckyDuckyLuckyDucky Member UncommonPosts: 268

Worth coming back to see what has changed since when? Last year? Launch?

A lot has changed since launch, from gameplay, to content, to graphics. In the past year not so much, outside of the new FtP business model, which has brought big changes, mostly by ushering in a slew of new players and breathing new life into the game.

If the lore and setting interests you, and you enjoy combat focused gameplay, Age of Conan has a lot to offer. If not, you might want to look elsewhere.

"The Pen Is Mightier Than The Demo"

• TenebrosoTenebroso Member Posts: 262

Definitely worth coming back to. Especially if you RP.

The Wiccanna server is bursting with new people, the Serpents Head Inn has several instances rolling on weekends. The player numbers really increased, there are new content and the bugs have been worked our for the most part.

Since you wont pay a dime for coming back, why not give it a shot? Worse case scenario you'll just uninstall the game.

As for me, I would write more reasons down, but I am too busy playing AoC.

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

IMO Yes. Ill probrobly give it another shot sometime down the road as I once really enjoyed the game. I personally dont care about the cash shop and rarely use them. IMO Great graphics and combat, sucky PVP.

***Shows Conan how to properly dance with Queen Zenobia!***

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Well at least it cost you nothing to come back and try it.  I did, and well I was reminded of exactly why I left the game the last time.  At least you don't have to spend 15 bucks to resub.  

So I say try it again, if you hate it well you not lost any money.  If you like it well then good for you.

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

Depends on why you left before. The game is about the same than it was before, the big difference is that bugs have been squashed, classes reworked a bit, leveling gaps plugged with the new areas and performance improved.

So, basically if you left or didn't follow from the trial because the game didn't catch you or you weren't having fun with it, well, it won't be worth a second look for you because none of that has changed. However, if you did find the game fun but were driven away by bugs or low population, then I do recommend going in for a second try.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• ownprocessownprocess Member UncommonPosts: 21

I'm coming back to the game until swtor/gw2 come out.  I did love the game first time round, just got bored.

Hoping the population is still decent?

• kylekbbkylekbb Member Posts: 165

Well the reason i left i believe was my friend wanted to try another game. And i just kinda followed so i am goina check back into it. But if anyone can might list the most changes over the last few months.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• AceundorAceundor Member Posts: 482

Originally posted by kylekbb

Well the reason i left i believe was my friend wanted to try another game. And i just kinda followed so i am goina check back into it. But if anyone can might list the most changes over the last few months.

Here you go.

Lots of stuff, but as said above. Depends on when you left. I have been playing irreglarly since the unchaind release

http://www.ageofconan.com/news/search/

Originally posted by BishopB:

Are a lot of the trolls just angry kids with old gaming hardware?

• shane782shane782 Member Posts: 23

I have just recently returned as well....I like the game but pvp i have to get used to i get my a$$ handed to me its... definetly different then other games out there for PVP. Im coming off the more traditional tab attack games but in the same sence its not a weak combat engine like Fallen Earth.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

certainly worth a try, and push past the starting island as the world opens up after then.  I started a while back and casually drop in for some nice almost retro levelling, game is pretty polished now.  As in indication I accidently rolled on a pvp server, and decided to reroll on a pve server and do the first 20 levels again - its a decent reflection if you can handle repeating the same levelling process again :)  Dont go on a pvp server unless you intend to play that style, the culture of constant ganking is a major detraction from the game (if you are not into open pvp)

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

Originally posted by Bladestrom

certainly worth a try, and push past the starting island as the world opens up after then.  I started a while back and casually drop in for some nice almost retro levelling, game is pretty polished now.  As in indication I accidently rolled on a pvp server, and decided to reroll on a pve server and do the first 20 levels again - its a decent reflection if you can handle repeating the same levelling process again :)  Dont go on a pvp server unless you intend to play that style, the culture of constant ganking is a major detraction from the game (if you are not into open pvp)

Yeah, pvp server in Conan is pretty much all about pvp. If you are not a fan of world pvp, I would roll on a pve server. 

• Preacher26Preacher26 Member UncommonPosts: 381

In order to be competitive in pve or pvp you have to buy atleast ROTGS for the AA system.

If you want to raid any decent content you need to subscribe.

If you want to progress past T3 you need to buy the newest adventure pack for the new raid zone...

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

no

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

Originally posted by skuly

I'd rather waste my times trying to find a team in anarchy online then play Age of Conan, thats if i had to choose.

But yeah i had hoped AOC would be more fun or i'd atleast want to play it occassionally once it went f2p, the truth is though, that just like champions online and lotr, if they wheren't fun when they where p2p, and the money wasn't an issue but the gameplay was boring or frustrating, then as f2p they probably still aren't going to be worth your time. But you have to find out for yourself.

This, going f2p doesn't change what's the problem in the first place.  It's either 'free' or shut them down, they still aren't very good, but might cost you less now(or maybe more as the case may be).