Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is anyone else just getting mad?

We have all been waitinf for this game to come out for a long time.  I find it crazy that a release date hasnt been floated.  Considering the test weekends and such, you would think they are about done.  It just feels like we are being jerked around.  I watch these videos of the devs and the coy answers they give, along with the rock star treatment they get, and i cant help but want to slap them.   We are the customers, and we are not being treated well.

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Patient, you must be. image

LOL, seriously, it's just a game, you're not a customer yet, and it is much better for this title to ship when it's ready than worry about any perceived slight that they are ignoring their fans.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• pmunkey95pmunkey95 Member UncommonPosts: 31

i usually dont respond to these posts. the OP is probably just trying to vent.

personally i would rather a game be 'polished' and 'completed' then have a bug filled game. so if they want to take another 3-4 or even 6 months to make sure the game is good. then i say just hold on. go outside and have some fun.

Im not saying the game will be completely bug free, there will always be those. i would prefer another decent game. nothing half assed

• easternstormeasternstorm Member Posts: 76

wrong i am a customer they already have my money from the preorder and unless/untill i ask for a refund i am still a customer

• ProstiProsti Member Posts: 45

That's what happens when you come to find out that certain corporations who have been around since prolly the dawn of damn time assume that every game they make is a polished gold turd.

Might as well just wait until the game comes out like everyone else. /shrug

and as for polish that word has been done to death its time to **** or get off the pot already

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Okay well first off, Bioware is notorious for not setting release dates, then finally doing so, and then pushing it back about two or three times before release.  Its whatever.  When its done its done.  Its up to them. 

However, there is a reason I find the lack of a release date troubling.  Which is the fact they've been taking pre orders without giving a release date.  So when you are buying the pre order, what are you buying?  Nothing.  There's not a release date.  When and if I pre order a game, Im doing so because on the day the game releases, I expect to go down to the store, and pick it up on release day.  When is the release day?  There's NOT one.  So you're pre ordering but you dont even know when the order is going to be fullfilled.  To me that totally defeats the purpose of a pre order. 

Instead they've come out with this "early access" junk which is fine.  And maybe some goodies or whatever.  Which is common.  But as I said you still dont have a release date so why in hells bells are they pushing pre orders?  There's nothing to order!  Any order you make in the real world has a date attached to it.  Thats the whole point in ordering something. 

• kartoolkartool Member UncommonPosts: 520

That's quite a sense of entitlement you have there OP. Do you want to play a finished game, or have this one go the way AoC and WAR did because they were released too soon?

Also, you're not really a customer yet are you? If you preordered, you did it without a solid release date being announced and therefore can't really complain about it.

I want to play the game too, but this attitude that somehow Bioware has wronged you is ridiculous.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Originally posted by easternstorm

wrong i am a customer they already have my money from the preorder and unless/untill i ask for a refund i am still a customer

Well now, there was your first mistake.  Likely not your last I reckon.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Originally posted by Kyleran

you're not a customer yet

That really is the bottom line, you are not a customer yet, you are a potential customer.

They owe you absolutely nothing.

• fadisfadis Member Posts: 469

and as for polish that word has been done to death its time to **** or get off the pot already

That's easy for you to say - you don't have 100's of millions of $ riding on the game and a potential hit to your company's (Bioware) reputation if the game is poor/mediocre.

ive had a vision swtor gets realeased dec 2012 oh the world end following day oh well atleast we had 1 day of superb polish

• kartoolkartool Member UncommonPosts: 520

That was your decision as a consumer, again you preordered something without ever being told when you'd get. That's you own fault.

• DraxonflyDraxonfly Member UncommonPosts: 126

Originally posted by JeffJ200

Is anyone else just getting mad?

Only at the community, not at the game itself.

• NethermancerNethermancer Member Posts: 520

I have not played SWTOR yet but I like blizzards moto of we will ship it when its ready.....I hope Bioware does not buckle under the pressure of people who want it now and actually make it stable, smooth and awesome.

So no i am not mad

Playing: PO, EVE
    Waiting for: WoD
    Favourite MMOs: VG, EVE, FE and DDO
    Any person who expresses rage and loathing for an MMO is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.

yes yes my fault entirely for paying money for a product that wants yummy polish polish so now we have your money lets make you wait longer but hey eventually for preordering you will get early access someday

• JeffJ200JeffJ200 Member UncommonPosts: 17

I dont feel entitled, but to take pre-orders without a release date is wrong.  Its quite the cunundrum because I did pay because Im a fan boy idiot.

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

For those of you that pre-ordered and are mad you don't have a release date yet....

Caveat Emptor   image

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

i am beginning to think its not polish they want thats just what they feed us i am beginning to think its marketing strategy because they want the path of least resistance/competition

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Please continue your discussion here : http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/326062/page/1

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.