Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild wars isn't an MMORPG

MediKMediK Member Posts: 40

Buy world of warcraft if your looking for the best MMORPG... I'm sick of ppl saying this game beats wow... cant even compare the 2 games. Guild wars is fun until you beat it and PvP gets boring FAST. Wow has endless amounts of stuff to do, only ppl who flame wow are ppl that can't afford 15/month (AKA 50 cents a day) and/or have got to 60 and have no friends.

www.worldofwarcraft.com  Hands down the best MMORPG on the market, don't buy this guild wars junk. It sucks and thats the honest truth.

Comments

• BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117

Originally posted by MediK

Buy world of warcraft if your looking for the best MMORPG... I'm sick of ppl saying this game beats wow... cant even compare the 2 games. Guild wars is fun until you beat it and PvP gets boring FAST. Wow has endless amounts of stuff to do, only ppl who flame wow are ppl that can't afford 15/month (AKA 50 cents a day) and/or have got to 60 and have no friends.
    www.worldofwarcraft.com  Hands down the best MMORPG on the market, don't buy this guild wars junk. It sucks and thats the honest truth.

*sigh* here we go again...

1) GW beats WoW that's why it's ahead on the list.

2) You've abviosly never played GW because you can't "beat" PvP and there's still quests, missions, and spells to collect. And atleast GW's PvP has a point.

4) WoW pretty much ends when you get to lvl 60.

5) People who flame WoW are just immature. If they couldn't afford the $15 a month and they were smart they'd play GW. Also, if they didn't play GW or WoW and played something else listed on this site then they could afford the $15 bucks a month because thats what most games charge. So we can tell monthly fee has nothing to do with the flaming.

I'm not saying WoW sux, just GW is better.

I am so glad you aren't playing my game...

• VotanVotan Member UncommonPosts: 291

Please do us all a favor and go be a troll on your own game board.  NO one really cares what you think about GW.

No reason for me to flame WoW is it was a fun game for a little while but lost its appeal quicker than most. 

You may find this hard to believe but....some people do not feel the same way you do about WoW and like to play Guild Wars, I am sorry if this fact hurts your feelings....but you will be ok though I promise.

• DookzDookz Member UncommonPosts: 562

www.worldofwarcraft.com Hands down the best MMORPG on the market, don't buy this guild wars junk. It sucks and thats the honest truth.

stop being blinded by fanboism.

Playing now: Cities: Skyline / Ori and the Blind Forest / Banished

• AltimitAltimit Member Posts: 82

[M]assive - Guild Wars has many thousands of players on at a time.
    [M]ultiplayer - You can play with other people.
    [O]nline - It uses an internet connection.
    [R]ole
    [P]laying - You create a character, level up, get skills, etc all your typical RPG stuff
    [G]ame /

What does that add up to? MMORPG. Therefore Guild Wars is an MMORPG.

Thank you.

• m3thm3th Member Posts: 25

i dont play WoW.

im just here on the GW MMORPG thing. coz i think its all a load of crap.

like the poster above me.

i dun care what you call it, it is just understanding its not an MMORPG as the industry stands now.

i dont give a crap about what the actual name of the genre is i just mean its not a game like any of the large MMORPG titles out there atm.

and if your looking for something like that then you will be sorely disappionted with GW as I was.

i mean really, its all just context. i use the term MMORPG to describe a set of games that i know about.

i use the word 'blue' to describe a colour i know about, from examples of blue ive seen around. now ppl
    can agrue that something is blue or green or what the hell ever, im only using the term 'blue' as a POINT
    OF REFERENCE so i can RELATE WHAT IM SEEING TO SOMETHING I CAN IDENTIFY WITH.

this is what the whole 'is GW a MMORPG' debate misses, as do all the people that break up the word
    MMORPG and say 'well GW has all those elements (arugably) so its a MMORPG'.

its clearly NOT part of the genre that is the MMORPG scene. I rant about it in the 'Is Gw a MMO?' thread and anyone thats actually played a MMORPG will agree it is 'different'.

as for content, player customisation and depth of character building, items, magic systems, story, PvP and pretty much anything else you dare to name GW is a light weight version of it. not massivley time consuming. which it INTENDED to be from the start.

so dont go calling the light weight version by the name we use to describe the HEAVYIEST OF HEAVYWEIGHTS in the gaming industry!!

your misleading people!

• mpedersenmpedersen Member Posts: 40

Why flame this game.  I've never played it,  I don't intend to at this time.

I currently play World of Warcraft,  the reason that I do that is because the game is fun to me. 

I used to play Star Wars Galaxies,  after two years (and a combat upgrade) the game was no longer fun,  so I guit and put my gaming dollars somewhere else.  I didn't go onto a forum and post all sorts of badmouth about it,  I just left and moved on.

If there are people out there that play Guildwars,  and enjoy it, than let them have fun.  If you don't enjoy it than you should go play something that you find fun.

It's really that simple.

• JyhadJyhad Member Posts: 95

Well both WoW and Guild Wars are very good games in their own right. In Guild Wars you have your own little world to explore and not have to worry about which party is going to kill the guy you need to in your quest. In Wow you pay for it so they have to give you a little nit more then the rest of the MMO's put there, so then can get/keep accounts and make money. However Guild Wars has had beta weekends fie a long time and the game has not changed that much so you should of tried out the beta the said nah WoW is better to ME! That is what all that counts, what you like. ::::40::

Which FF Character Are You?

Currently Playing: WoW, Guild Wars, DDO
    Have Played: FFXI, EVE, CoH/CoV, Linage2, LotRO: Alpha - Open Beta
    Awaiting: WAR, WAR40K
    NON-MMO Playing: Jade Empire

• nephillimnephillim Member Posts: 291

please learn to use your brain, before you open your mouth (or type your words)

you say that yo can't compare GW to WoW... and then you go on to do just that.

moron.

[we need a worldwide genocide/ a planetary suicide/ and when the whole damned world is dead/ there''s your f***ing peace]

• m3thm3th Member Posts: 25

LISTEN.

CAREFULLY.

My post ISNT a flame.

you GWers are getting too sensitve because of all the flames leveled at GW on these boards, like the utterly retarded thread started recently by some braindead mongoliod.

YOUR MISSING THE POINT.

TO CLAIM GW IS A MMORPG IS GIVING PEOPLE THE WRONG IMPRESSION ABOUT WHAT GW IS.

I could just move away. Im playing BF2 now and havent loaded up GW in weeks. Its great and im happy.

But GW players MISLEADING other gamers about what GW is when ive played it and know what GW is annoys the hell outa me.

there is some really decent posts on these boards and i would like to think MMORPG.COM doesnt utterly suck.

hence i want to make my point to people considering buying this game.

Ive said is so many goddamn times before and why wont you damn GW fanbois listen. GW does not offer what current 'MMORPGs' offer. I does not tackle game concepts and contain 'stuff' like MMORPGs do.

TELLING PEOPLE ITS A MMORPG MAKES THEM THINK OF EVE, WOW, EQ, DAOC, COH, ETC WHICH ARE MMORPGS. SO THEY THINK TIS GOING TO BE SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

ITS NOT

goddamn it. listen here.

if you want something like the above games i mentioned GW is not for you!

if you want a more complex, better graphics version of Diablo with restricted and organised PvP vs the open PvP of diablo and a 'balancing' system that ensures to be compeditive youll never have to spend much time online, give it a try.

right. im done. cya lol.

im going back to BF2.

• InstagoInstago Member Posts: 109

This discussion is futile because even the makers of the game do not like to call it a MMORPG, but rather a CORPG.

You're all fighting over whether or not Guild Wars is a MMORPG even when the makers of the game (closest thing to being the game) tell you what it is.

I don't know about you guys, but if Bob tells me his name (what he likes to be called) is Bob I'm not going to argue with other people if his name is Charlie or Zhuge Liang. It is Bob- there is no doubt because he, himself stated so. Just like Guild Wars is a CORPG- there is no doubt, because it, itself stated so. There is no reason to argue over whether or not it is a MMORPG because it has already declared itself a CORPG. If you have no idea what I'm talking about then you should go do a little research for yourself at the official Guild Wars website.

Person 1: Hi my name is Bob.
    Bob: *coughs*
    Person 3: Hey do you guys think he's Charlie? I do!
    Person 2: NO HE IS NOT CHARLIE, HE'S ZHUGE LIANG!
    Person 3: Shut the fudge up, it is very clear that his name is Charlie...
    Bob: uhh... my name is Bob guys, stop arguing.

By the way, a genre isn't merely defining letters in an acronym, thankyou very much :). If that was so, I could easily argue that any game with first-person views and shooting is a FPS or that any game that is real-time and involves any level of strategy is a RTS. Hell, I could even say that any game with many people playing online with the ability to role-play is a MMORPG ::::35::.

• MalomeisterMalomeister Member Posts: 86
    lol i just went to the WoW boards and found u posted something similiar to this.  Flaming GW on the WoW boards lol.  Thats sad.  Dude Guild Wars isn't the traditional MMORPG, it is a different style of the MMORPG called the CORPG(Competitve Online Role Playing Game.)  Ok nuff said,  Guild Wars and WoW should not be compared.  2 diff play styles.  Guild Wars is unique and new, WoW is fun and ur renewed traditional MMORPG that is Fun!  Ok got it MediK, u flame GW so much u go on other boards like WoW boards just to flame it lol.  Thats sad.

Violence

i just find it funny how the guy who started this thread says 'you can't compare WoW and GW'

but then he goes on to compare WoW with GW...

the mind bogglesimage

[we need a worldwide genocide/ a planetary suicide/ and when the whole damned world is dead/ there''s your f***ing peace]

• CrazyMonkCrazyMonk Member Posts: 143

I just dont liek this game!

You just can't spell!