Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ragnarok Online 2 : A quest grinder with no sandbox elements*

CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Wahhhh T_T I r so sadddd!! I wanted it to be open open butbut...Its nooott! T_T

I just asked a bunch of guys if I had to do quests there and they said I needed to do quests to level up.

They were talking about agriculture too and how "stuff grows" so Im guessing thts a farmy thing in it...If you guys want theyre streaming now and I used google translate to talk to them in chinese.

http://www.twitch.tv/nakedjehuty

Edit :

Right now theyre talking abotu wter being really expensive and Im not sure if its in game or in wherever they live o.o

Edit :

the casster says

*cant display chinese here* lol whoops

Which translates to

"RO2 now I feel is not quite satisfactory characteristics"

But he did say earlier something about planting and how expensive water is...

edit :

d00d said that the planting thing wasnt planting lol no farming in game just looting plants that grow >.< like pw

Edit :

The mage spellcasting seems extremely slow(about half a second slower than WoW spells without the speedup talent) andthe fire attakc that the person is using is NOT the same firebolt from RO1 but more like a small erupt spell.  The mage was also able to cast some quick casting hot spell that ticks extremely fast.   There were instacasts with long is cooldowns and there was a thunderstorm spel as well.

So far the game is looking worse and worse for me because of how quest focused it is with a large world.  Its like the game was built as a traditional (early 2000 era) game with no quests but the quests leading you round just makes it feel...not very nice. 

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
( o.o)
(")(")
**This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

Comments

• Osias000Osias000 Member Posts: 110

Interesting, though I thought they made an RO2 that failed a while back. Hopefully its being made well and is basically just the old RO in 3D. I still love that game, and it could be a huge success with a new look. I wanna see a 3D asure strike ^^. Farming MVPS again would be fun too.

"cinnamon buns"
    - Pickles

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Originally posted by Osias000

Interesting, though I thought they made an RO2 that failed a while back. Hopefully its being made well and is basically just the old RO in 3D. I still love that game, and it could be a huge success with a new look. I wanna see a 3D asure strike ^^. Farming MVPS again would be fun too.

Its completely different actually.

Its a quest grinder now and they said its similar to DBZ in the fact that you have to follow the story or soething. 

So now you actually HAVE to follow the quest akin to WoW :(

This is actually the 3rd time its being remade. 

( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

They should call it something else then. RO had a magic about it that the newer quest-to-max level system can't hope to match. The old RO had so much fun stuff to just farm and kill. Then there were things to do with groups like harder MVPs, hocus parties ftw, and a  few instances. It was/is perfect it just needs to be adpated to new graphics.

So sad to see people trying to make a great old game into the next failed project.

"cinnamon buns"
    - Pickles

It was supposed to be like the old RO in the first release candidate of RO2.

But they said it "wasnt a hit" mostly because there were 3 races and each race played completely different.  Something abotu that didnt work right or something. They also had soulbound items that levelled up as you used them and evolved n stuff.  They also added story quests to each area that were optional and kept the whole thing that RO1 had where quests = nice vanity items and such. 

For some reason thaat candidate was touted to be "bad " by beta testers so they completely remade the game from ground up.  That was the first revision of "The second" RO2.  It was streamlined a bit and added more quests but it was still considered bad so now its extremely linear with quests and such and is becoming very similar to perfect world or somefing like that. o.o

Pity :(

They were also talking about the poring in one of the sit emotes (char sat on the poring) and someone asked what that was and the broadcaster said its "From RO1" so Im guessing a lot of the enemies arent there.  He was actually fighting green spiders/caterpillars (google translate pointed that they were talking about spiders and getting spider legs" and it really wasnt anything like spiders in RO1. ITs too...Cutely and....You played RO1 right?

It didnt look like argiopes or anything similar. So Im guessing they changed directions because I remember seeing thief bugs and argiopes on their first revision of RO2

( o.o)
    (")(")

Yeah the video reminded me of the mage class using like low level bolt spells. If they made the game play like RO the character looked fine. If there aren't porings....what the hell....thats not RO.

"cinnamon buns"
    - Pickles

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

Is this the new build of RO2?

Well I dont know why, but im not surprised

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

Actually it wasnt bolt spells. 

The bolt spell seemed to have quite a bit of cooldown and it didnt have a "bolt" effect.

IT actually reminded me of napalm gattling (or whateverit was) even though it had an orangey icon which led me to believe it was fire.

( o.o)
    (")(")

• njardeannjardean Member Posts: 6

Ragnarok Online 2: The Gate of the World was a MMORPG created by Gravity Corp. of South Korea and is the sequel to the popular MMORPG, Ragnarok Online. Most of the game's universe is based on Norse mythology. The soundtrack was produced by Yoko Kanno, well known for her work in Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, and other anime series.

After entering a closed beta testing phase in 2006 and continuing through 2010 in Korean open beta testing, the game was reworked multiple times due to its poor initial reception. In July 2010 it was announced the entire game had been scrapped, and a new version, Ragnarok Online II: Legend of the Second, would be developed in its stead. The new iteration of Ragnarok Online II returns to the systems and mechanics of the original Ragnarok Online while keeping the 3D engine.

I'm soooooo excited to play this!! image