Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What aspect of TOR can totally fail, yet have no impact on your playstyle?[Poll]

124»

Comments

• ForumfallForumfall Member Posts: 570

Storyline. After one playthru it's pretty much irrelevant.

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by Forumfall

Except that in this case there is 8 different story lines.  Now if all you ever do is play the same class over and over, I can see your point, but I personally like to play a variety of different classes.  If story is not your thing though, I would highly recommend you NOT playing this game since BioWare is making that a MAJOR factor in this game.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

I voted for BG PvP, but really wanted to vote for "All PvP."

I'm generally not a PvPer, I only nade it to seargent in WoW back in the day. So PvP failing won't affect me at all. Well, apart from the PvPers complaining about what's wrong with PvP. But I don't think PvP will fail.

Originally posted by ktanner3

I could give two s**ts about the raiding aspect of the game. As long as there is a good economic system and good pvp, the raiding aspect can take a dump for all I care. 

This reminds me, has Bioware said anything about an economic system yet? I don't recall them saying anything about it...

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by Xondar123

Originally posted by ktanner3

I could give two s**ts about the raiding aspect of the game. As long as there is a good economic system and good pvp, the raiding aspect can take a dump for all I care. 

This reminds me, has Bioware said anything about an economic system yet? I don't recall them saying anything about it...

The closest I have heard on this was one interview where the Dev mentioned an "Auction House", but never went into details.  Unfortunately I think that was back in late 2010 and as we know things have changed since then.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

Originally posted by RavingRabbid

The starship tunnel shooter looks weak but that can be fixed later on.

***Fired plunger at Bioware employee who thought that up***

I think Bioware put the tunnel shooter in because they figured "well, if we don't put space combat in at launch, we won't EVER put it in." A former SWG dev who works on TOR now said that the biggest mistake they made with Jump to Lightspeed was not releasing it with the game at launch and they had so many problems with it because players were pretty divided on whether they liked it or not.

They have said that they are willing to change the space game after launch if they get enough player feedback on it. If no one plays it and gives feedback, they'll probably consider it a failure and abandon the space game, something I don't want to see happen.

• ForumfallForumfall Member Posts: 570

Originally posted by GMan3

Except that in this case there is 8 different story lines.  Now if all you ever do is play the same class over and over, I can see your point, but I personally like to play a variety of different classes.  If story is not your thing though, I would highly recommend you NOT playing this game since BioWare is making that a MAJOR factor in this game.

I hope they allow people to klick thru the quests. Putting resources into story is a waste. Other aspects of a mmo are more fun and last longer than storyline.

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Originally posted by GMan3

I hope they allow people to klick thru the quests. Putting resources into story is a waste. Other aspects of a mmo are more fun and last longer than storyline.

Then you may not want to play this game. An interactive movie is BioWare's selling point and they do that well. If you're skipping the story, you're not getting your money's worth.

• CannyoneCannyone Member UncommonPosts: 267

I like PvP overall.  And I think they are on the right track with Battlegrounds and World PvP areas.  But "Huttball" is just a variation on "capture the flag" that's been simplified a bit, where the venue is asymetrical.  And that asymetrical layout will naturally favor certain classes over others...  My prediction is that some people will like it, and others, like myself, will avoid it like the plague.

Of course this is not a huge complaint!  I don't have to play Huttball.  And I'm sure there will be plenty of other things to do.  :-) 

_______________________-

Just one comment to those who continue to hate on the whole Storyline thing... You're all a bunch of complete Idiots, who are looking for something to criticize.  Almost none of you have any exposure to what its like, and therefore have no basis upon which to make your statements.

Now those who have played some of BioWare's other RPGs, do have at least an idea of what its like.  And if you didn't like those games (after playing them...), then you have NO Business being interested in SWTOR.  Go someplace else, or STFU!  No matter what you say its not going to change the opinions of those who appreciate what BioWare does really well.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

End game raiding or any raiding at all.  PvP ladder system.  Crafting.  Twitch space combat.   None of these would affect my play style in the least whether they failed or were removed completely from the game.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Crafting can fail and it would not effect how people play the game.

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

My general expectation when buying this game is that everything other than single-player-driven story will be totally fail.   If anything other than the single-player story ends up being good, i'll treat it as a pleasant bonus.

I am planning on playing other games for raiding and doing MMO stuff.   This one i'm buying to scratch my single-player RPG itch until ME3 comes out.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

I voted raiding. Been there, done that.

Unless they really change things from the standard MMO endgame then I have zero interest in anything other than leveling in this game, and that is only to see the individual class storylines. I might not even get that far since classes share quests/questing areas.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

"You failed me for the last time, General Bioware!" *gurgling noises*

Too many things are just mediocre or fail. Zoned and not open planets, way too much soloism, way too much money for VO, no playable alien races,space on rails, no non combat stuff, no player housing/cities, fake crafting, too cartoonish looks and finally ban of SGRA.

"And there was a flaming hand writing the words of the Lord on the wall, Mene mene tekel uparashin. And it said, weighed, measured and found wanting."

No wai!

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

The solo content was my vote.

Well, the non-main story solo content i.e. open world quests and such.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Originally posted by Elikal

Too many things are just mediocre or fail. Zoned and not open planets,<snips bla>, fake crafting,

? Planets aren't zoned if you're referring to an EQ/AoC situation with zones, crafting looks to be better and more distinct than  seen in other themepark MMO's.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

Too many things are just mediocre or fail. Zoned and not open planets,, fake crafting,

? Planets aren't zoned if you're referring to an EQ/AoC situation with zones, crafting looks to be better and more distinct than  seen in other themepark MMO's.

Be very careful Maverick, you may get in the way of his ignorance!

Don't tell people this game is not "fully instanced" or has "WoW-like crafting" you'll scare them.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Originally posted by BadSpock

Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

Too many things are just mediocre or fail. Zoned and not open planets,, fake crafting,

Be very careful Maverick, you may get in the way of his ignorance!

Don't tell people this game is not "fully instanced" or has "WoW-like crafting" you'll scare them.

Its not really ignorance, its just lashing out.....well...  its just Elikal being Elikal.  In 2 weeks he'll be talking about how much he's looking forward to the storylines and how neat-o the customization and mod system of armor is.   Its what he does.  image

• n3verendRn3verendR Member UncommonPosts: 452

Well as a person who has stared at both the known qualities of SWTOR as well as this poll for far too long before making any kind of assumption - I can say that I literally had a hard time picking something.

I'll just go down the list, of MY opinon poll.

Raids - I enjoy them, but what I don't enjoy is getting gear for the sake of getting better gear. If that is the key method of beating raids, then it would be a mark against it.

Story - Again, love story. LOVE IT, but if there aren't enough choices to set my Jedi A apart from Jedi B who both want to go light side... What's the point? May as well watch a web series. It isn't really MY storyline, even though I am playing MY character.

BG - Hit or miss, everyone knows a million reasons why. They are fun when they work, painful when they fail.

Huttball - MEH lol, I wasn't interested in this from the start. Almost voted it simply because it's the bar-none easiest cop out I could think of.

World PvP - Absolutely required, there is a war between the Sith and Republic. I want to feel that war.

Crafting - I don't know what to expect but nothing feels better than maxing out a Crafting skill on a rainy day to have a sense of accomplishment that affects you and your friends in the future.

Companions - I voted for this, because it seems tacked on. Every class has at least one cool companion, and they all seem to have a lack of... uniqueness. Again, if you are going to give me a story... Give me a character that I can see the story of, but don't hand me a character and tell me they are my personal helper and party member when everyone has one already.

Economy - Important if the game needs it. I am obviously thinking of EVE. If the game tends to be more like WoW, not so much.

Solo Content - Important sometimes, like when I wanna play and my friends are 15 - 45 minutes from logging on.

People think it's fun to pretend your a monster. Me I spend my life pretending I'm not. - Dexter Morgan

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

Toss up  betweem Raids and BG's for me, both pointless.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131

picked raids, but really could careless about ship combat even it if wasn't a tunnel shooter.