Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BW/ EA treating EU players like trash ?

PaskePaske Member UncommonPosts: 135
Well it seems we EU players are once again treated like third rate customers. I guess our money stinks, but its necesarry to make game avalible in EU as well because - thats what cool kids do ! YOu let neighbours kid that smells funny and talks funny play with you every now and then. Its not his fault, poor bastard ...

Im naturaly talking about o beta weekend for EU.

So we got vocal. Complained on forums ( go figure ) and demanded at least SOME info. Well monday was labour day in US. So devs were on prolonged weekend, during beta testing weekend no less. Makes sence I guess ...

Tuesday comes and so do devs / admins.
They simply delete all EU complaining threads. Ban people that ask, what gives with Gadafi treatment EA / BW ? Now we are forbiden to ask ANYTHING regarding beta or EU, Because we will get insta ban.

Im use to being treated like second class citizen as EU customer to US companies. Like a dog that got beaten too man times and now hes simply induring it. But this is way too much. Its like fliping the bird to whole EU.

Comments

• BaxslashBaxslash Member UncommonPosts: 237

Don't be so hurt, EA is notorious for treating everyone but the US as Third, Fourth, and even bootlicker trash :(

Heck, they state in thier games how they are innovative, and adding new stuff to thier games, but, its all hype in thier demo videos, and basicaly never in thier games. Good example, destructible buildings in thier latest Battlefield game, of course there isn't any destuctible buildings, except for the scripted buildings, but, they never tell you that all the demos are scripted, or, anything else. Heck, even thier sports games aren't even imaginative any more, after all, they've locked 95% of competion for games out of the sports genre now, and have exclusive control over specific games, and, they just release the same sport crap, year after year :(

I'm passing on SW:TOR, and BF3, anlong with other EA games, I've had it with EA, and, the bull*hit they call a game now :(

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

EA who cares soon we can't even play games anymore unless through origin as with steam.

As a pc gamer im fed up with all these companys i boycot them all you all should do same hehe.

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

What was the actual reasoning for not having EU customers in the beta? Preferably without the bs or ranting pls.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• XerenixXerenix Member UncommonPosts: 237

"Hey everybody!

Since this thread has gotten slightly off-topic, we're going to temporarily close it to clean it all up and get it back on track. In the meantime, please do not create new EU Testing threads, and we appreciate your patience.

Thanks!".

They close it TEMPORARILY so they can clean up the off-topic messages and  is there really a reason to have more than one thread about the EU beta other than to simply complain?

I don't really see how they treat EU players like trash...

If they have new info about EU testing, they will post it so creating new threads about it is just unnecessary.

• DrughiDrughi Member Posts: 174

it sems they dont have eu servers infraestructure ready yet .. so i guess EU are likely to test EU infraestructure :/ but on the other hand i think i read a BW post saying EU players that they will use NA server for testing and thus be warned about lag issues due to server location ...

:/

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

So get your own video game industry?

Hey, at least you have CCP and some French MMO dev studio I can't remember the name of... maybe the Dofus people right?

*edit*

Ankama - in France, developers of Dofus.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

I suspect they are in full bug huntin' mode. I expect they want to have all hands on deck instead of in bed when players are having a go at it and stumble on bugs / installing issues and whatnot and I imagine their EU team not being completely staffed yet.

Would you feel so bad for US players not getting the first chance in an EU beta?

(p.s. I am from the EU).

• ThanesThanes Member Posts: 182

They probably just need time to replace all the comidic European accents they put in the US version so they don't offend.

• BeachcomberBeachcomber Member Posts: 535

The OP is right.

When you think how Trion handled the Rift beta's, didnt matter if you were from the EU, you were welcome.

Im considering cancelling my Pre-order of SWTOR if this is the attitude of the game producers, id rather spend my cash somewhere else.

• KelthiusKelthius Member UncommonPosts: 298

I know it's cliche but... actions speak louder than words. They don't give a damn about your ranting. If you keep buying their stuff, they're going to treat you anyway they please.

"Simple matter is they shouldn't sell us products if they don't/can't handle customers outside the USA!"

When you continue to buy those products, they will continue to handle you the same way. Yeah it sucks... but what can you do about it?

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Tell you what, lets trade. You can have all the American MMOs come out first in Europe and we can have all the European cars come out first in America.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

This is no different and I mean zero difference between this and how many/most Japanese/Korean MMO studios handle and treat their American/European player base.

It's just facts. Facts of life kind of facts.

It's all about logistics, legal mumbo-jumbo, logisitcs, logistics, oh and logistics.

Get over it?

Or pour your resources into and invest into European made and manufactured MMOs if it bothers you so much.

Buy European!

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

IIRC, they stated in one of their announcements that first the US batch would stress test in September, and then the EU batch, at least that's what stuck with me when they posted something like that a while back.

As for EU, US and all that stuff, maybe it's me but I don't find it that strange that things are sold/tested in the home area first, especially when it comes to online games and server locations like with MMO's. It's not that uncommon that products are released in the home market and then broader. It doesn't just happen with games, books, board games, all kinds of products,  as well unless you circumvent local distributors. Also, it isn't just US companies that do it. Ah well, everybody handles it differently I guess.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Wouldn't it be best to just stop pre-ordering US based products at least until you know when they will be released in your country?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• calranthecalranthe Member UncommonPosts: 359

Beta is not a given, they do not owe you anything beta wise, it is NOT so you can "try it out" it is simply suposed to be stress and bug tests. You are not entitled to it and mentioning it in the same lines as gadafi or animal abuse is pathetic.

I am in the uk and have been signed up for beta since day one of it being available, personally I am happy to wait.

You are not a customer of theres yet they do not owe you anything you are acting selfrighteous indignant self opinionated.

Sure you are not american :P

Was I abit harsh ?

• SkubnarSkubnar Member Posts: 21

Someone put me straight if im wrong but isnt SWTOR ment to have international servers meaning dosnt matter about US or EU as we will all be playing on same servers ? And if that is the case you would think they would have a  cross region of players to see if there was any problems with the servers

• TomTrixxTomTrixx Member UncommonPosts: 94

Originally posted by BadSpock

Hey, at least you have CCP and some French MMO dev studio I can't remember the name of... maybe the Dofus people right?

*edit*

And that small company in sweden, Dice I think they're called.

• BritasBritas Member Posts: 46

Originally posted by Paske

Well it seems we EU players are once again treated like third rate customers. I guess our money stinks, but its necesarry to make game avalible in EU as well because - thats what cool kids do ! YOu let neighbours kid that smells funny and talks funny play with you every now and then. Its not his fault, poor bastard ... Im naturaly talking about o beta weekend for EU. So we got vocal. Complained on forums ( go figure ) and demanded at least SOME info. Well monday was labour day in US. So devs were on prolonged weekend, during beta testing weekend no less. Makes sence I guess ... Tuesday comes and so do devs / admins. They simply delete all EU complaining threads. Ban people that ask, what gives with Gadafi treatment EA / BW ? Now we are forbiden to ask ANYTHING regarding beta or EU, Because we will get insta ban. Im use to being treated like second class citizen as EU customer to US companies. Like a dog that got beaten too man times and now hes simply induring it. But this is way too much. Its like fliping the bird to whole EU.

I live in London and have to say I am embarrassed at this rant. There is no need for it and makes us lumped into the 'EU' bracket all look bad. I am no fan of EA, havent been since they destroyed Bullfrog, but crying like this because they won't let you play for free for a bit is sad.

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133

They aren't marginalizing anything. They are set up to test what they are set up to test. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

Second rate citizen? Hello, you aren't a citizen, lol! (see what I did there? :P ) Anyway, I doubt you'll find much sympathy from most of us Americans as contrary to what many of those outside the US think the vast majority of us can read and write and we do read what you guys say about us. While I don't think my country is perfect I don't think others have the ground to stand on to look down their noses at us. As someone else stated, if you're so much better, so much more advanced...make your own MMOs.

Oh, that and the few MMO gaming companies that are outside the US do the exact same to US gamers as well. WOrld of Tanks did it. Age of Conan did as well if I remember right. The Koei company from Japan only produces certain titles that are shipped west and have whole sections of their catalogue that are Japan only.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

Originally posted by BadSpock
    *edit*

Originally posted by kelthius
    Well Mr. Business man... Where is your multi-billion dollar gaming company?

The us is not the only ones with a gaming industry but since you had to make fun of Europe, here are some facts about the Video game industry for you:

United States $18.58B

Europe $17.9B

Asia $14B

Surprisingly, Canada is #3 and the UK is #4 worldwide. Quite impressive if i may say so. You can find these number easily with a simple search.
    @OP, I understand your frustration but you should maybe work on your presentation of the issue :)

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

Well you have it coming when you buy EA games.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Silverbarr

To be fair, SWTOR will most likely not be a great MMO and will most likely be carried by the names: Star Wars, and Bioware.

Sadly Bioware are starting to slip on the quality of their games since Neverwinter Nights (though I guess Dragon Age was 'fairly good' but still not up to the high standard I would have expected), and since teaming up with EA it can only really get worse.

Therefore, no EU players getting into the beta is just another notice that they don't make games for the players anymore and instead are doing it as a money maker for EA.

[Mod Edit]

Horrible logic, if that were the case they'd just sell it to everyone right off the bat simply to cash in.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• PaskePaske Member UncommonPosts: 135

So ... EU servers are still offline. So EU players willplay on US servers. Kinda sucks, but from perspective of devs workingon live game to bug hunt, makes sence.

So US players get invites, but EU do not. Offical statement on friday: Minor glitch in system. Should be fixed soon (tim). So bunch of us chill in forums. Feeling all giddy - will I be that special snow flake in Antartica that gets the invite. Fridays comes and goes. No offical response.

On saturday one of the staff makes a note that since its labour day on monday its highly unliekly we will get any kind of invites. Some nerd rage occurs, but it was mostly people asking for offical: "Sorry we didnt have time to send out invites. But bug should be fixed soon (tm ). EU players will get beta weekend keys on next batch that comes up this friday." Short and simple.

But what does BW / EA do on tuesday, first thing when they come to work ? Delete / Lock threads regarding EU beta weekend info. Start baning people that ask silly questions like - "Why was EU beta weekend thread locked ?"

Rest of us that didnt get ban, we get a warning that any and all posts regarding EU beta weekends will be closed and participants banned. Im sorry but if you sit down and think for a minute.

Im sure you would come up with a better solution then fire and brimstone approach. RA / BW took one very simple aproach - We will shut you up you pesky Euro fags. No pray to whatever God you hold dear that we dont pick Telia again as EU provider. Come US players, you dont want to consorte with likes of Europeans.

• SilverbarrSilverbarr Member Posts: 306

Originally posted by Distopia

Originally posted by Silverbarr

To be fair, SWTOR will most likely not be a great MMO and will most likely be carried by the names: Star Wars, and Bioware.

Sadly Bioware are starting to slip on the quality of their games since Neverwinter Nights (though I guess Dragon Age was 'fairly good' but still not up to the high standard I would have expected), and since teaming up with EA it can only really get worse.

Therefore, no EU players getting into the beta is just another notice that they don't make games for the players anymore and instead are doing it as a money maker for EA.

Hope the US players have fun insulting all the EU folk though, sure makes you seem compassionate. ;)

M

Horrible logic, if that were the case they'd just sell it to everyone right off the bat simply to cash in.

Not particularly, as it is easier and cheaper for EA to sell a game in one region, especially a large region such as the US.

Different localisation, etc. costs an exceptional amount of money.

M

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys. Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!"
    - Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Support the Indie Developers - Kickstarter

• XerenixXerenix Member UncommonPosts: 237

Originally posted by Paske

So ... EU servers are still offline. So EU players willplay on US servers. Kinda sucks, but from perspective of devs workingon live game to bug hunt, makes sence.

So US players get invites, but EU do not. Offical statement on friday: Minor glitch in system. Should be fixed soon (tim). So bunch of us chill in forums. Feeling all giddy - will I be that special snow flake in Antartica that gets the invite. Fridays comes and goes. No offical response.

On saturday one of the staff makes a note that since its labour day on monday its highly unliekly we will get any kind of invites. Some nerd rage occurs, but it was mostly people asking for offical: "Sorry we didnt have time to send out invites. But bug should be fixed soon (tm ). EU players will get beta weekend keys on next batch that comes up this friday." Short and simple.

But what does BW / EA do on tuesday, first thing when they come to work ? Delete / Lock threads regarding EU beta weekend info. Start baning people that ask silly questions like - "Why was EU beta weekend thread locked ?"

Rest of us that didnt get ban, we get a warning that any and all posts regarding EU beta weekends will be closed and participants banned. Im sorry but if you sit down and think for a minute.

Im sure you would come up with a better solution then fire and brimstone approach. RA / BW took one very simple aproach - We will shut you up you pesky Euro fags. No pray to whatever God you hold dear that we dont pick Telia again as EU provider. Come US players, you dont want to consorte with likes of Europeans.

They said politely not to create anymore threads and that they temporarily closed the main thread to remove the off-topic messages, and what does the people do? they start creating several more useless threads with questions that has already been answered.

I support the mods action of warning/banning people who cluster up the forum with useless threads and i'm from EU aswell.