Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Searching for a time killer for me and my girl...

StyxaStyxa Member UncommonPosts: 76

Hi, to make a long story short...

I am searching for a fantasy based mmorpg for me and my girlfriend whiel taking a little break from Aion...

Should be f2p, nothing too easy, we need a little challenge right now :)

Also not too old, Allods should not be mentioned, she doesnt liek the russian chars of teh game...

got any suggestion?

Comments

• Warlord33Warlord33 Member Posts: 79

Everquest 2 Extended fits what you said perfectly.

• ichihaifuichihaifu Member UncommonPosts: 280

Dragon nest is one, if you live in US.

• ZezelZezel Member Posts: 132

DDO

If you don't like a game don't play it, and quit running to MMORPG.com to trash it.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885

Yes DDO would be my suggestion too.

• n00bitn00bit Member UncommonPosts: 345

Pastime for you and your girl? Hmmm. Sex.

• C0MAC0MA Member Posts: 522

Originally posted by n00bit

Pastime for you and your girl? Hmmm. Sex.

^ This, as for gaming... depends, is she a video game handi-can't? If so go with WoW or something else easy to adapt to, just don't expect to get any after she becomes an addict. Unless you're smart about it and bring home monthly time cards once a month that she has to "Work" for.

She might like Dragons Nest due to art but also show her Vindictus as it's a better game IMO with better visuals and maybe she'll like that.

"Sometimes people say stuff they don''t mean, but more often then that they don''t say things they do mean"

• StyxaStyxa Member UncommonPosts: 76

Sex more than 5 times per day make sthe thingi kind of boring you know ;)

no, thanks for your advises, dragon nest is a lot of fun but feels a little bit of doing teh same map over and over a gain...

what she likes in games is nice graphics and the option to make her char look like she wants, fashion stuff you know...

played wow first, got kinda boring, aion feels a little too slow while leveling...

• SeinaruSeinaru Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 109

I feel like Mabinogi is one of the best games for fashion. There are even built in fashion shows. It fits everything else too except for the graphics which aren't the best.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

Originally posted by Styxa

Sex more than 5 times per day make sthe thingi kind of boring you know ;)

no, thanks for your advises, dragon nest is a lot of fun but feels a little bit of doing teh same map over and over a gain...

what she likes in games is nice graphics and the option to make her char look like she wants, fashion stuff you know...

played wow first, got kinda boring, aion feels a little too slow while leveling...

id go for EQ2 then based on the above. theres a tab for your gear and then an appearance tab. you can also craft a lot of clothing if you like, along with gear ingame.

as for EQX (freemium version of EQ2) or the straight up p2p is for you to decide. however, EQX will require some investment just to lift the bag and coin limitations for convenience's sake.

good luck!

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

do you and your chick want to practice wedding?might want to try forsaken world,it become one epic journey!(grin)

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

If its fantasy based F2P games  try looking at

Scarlet Legacy - http://scarletlegacy.gamescampus.com/

or

Runes of Magic - http://us.runesofmagic.com/us/

I got hooked into SL for a bit (they got some serious guild rivalreys going on and it seems everyone loves the Monk class, next to the mytic - there is also a marriage system as well in this game), however I went back to RIFT since my buddies all wanted to play on a PvP server.

My debut in RoM was fantastic when it came out, however the same friends are now in RIFT, so go figure.

On another note...

I always wanted to try out Forsaken World, I just never got around to it.

• Cpt_PicardCpt_Picard Member Posts: 300

Lotro is by far the highest quality F2P availiable atm. If you want to try something different, give POTBS a shot.

Make it so...

• anthonypenaanthonypena Member Posts: 131

AGE OF CONAN sonnn is the way to go theres blood and sexy graphics

• UnsungTooUnsungToo Member Posts: 276

LOTRO (just remember to join the same server)

Maybe Rohan Blood Feud, it has an interesting auction house and snazzy outfits, mounts ... the norm.....

Godspeed my fellow gamer

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

on the LotRo theme, they do have a whole bank account for shared clothing for appearances only. so that might be a plus.

also, the game itself is very relaxed. while there is raiding and even hardcore raiding guilds, they aren't the primary focus of the game, the whole experience is.

and if f2p is what you need then i would agree that out of all the f2p games ive played LotRO is by far the shiniest.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse