Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dave Chappelle loves World of Warcraft

GunharpGunharp Member Posts: 2,890

The article at Gamespot I found I just could not believe. What is up with Chappelle...but more improtantly damn WoW for being so popular.

>_<

Comments

• noobletnooblet Member Posts: 2,274

lol thats hilarious. Chappelle's the man::::20:: He's a good comedian/actor and his show is extremely funny sometimes.

• noobletnooblet Member Posts: 2,274

ack double post

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

First I will go about saying that the Chappelle show is not funny to me. His standup is oh so much more funny and worthwhile. With that said, I can't believe that people still play WoW. I just don't understand the game's charm.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member Posts: 2,117

He prolly plays it for psyological reasons. Incase you don't know why it's because he had alot of pressure with his $10 million dollar contract(I think that's how much) and not alot of time to relax because of the 3rd season. so he checked himself into a psychiatric hospital in South Africa.

• VercadesVercades Member Posts: 1,065

Originally posted by Kiamde

I can't believe that people still play WoW. I just don't understand the game's charm.

Believe it.  My theory on why it became so popular is the beginning games lead a following.  My first PC game was Warcraft and probably allot of other peoples my age had this game in their childhood.  It's like that part in Super Size Me, where all the kids go to Mickey Dee's and get a sense of euphoria and as they aged those memories tied too it hooked so many people.

Lol, I loved Chappelles series they were great although some we're a bit too much and even Dave knew it.  Funniest thing he ever did on there too me was right before he introduced the "Keeping it real" sketch.  He goes I'll whip my ballz out right now on national television, really ghetto stylin.  Dave just has that atmosphere about him that he's just a man tryin to make a dollar.  He relates with so many people on so many levels is what got him famous.  I remember seeing him on Conan O'Brien was one of the funniest interviews around.  Ok, I'm done now. lol

Originally posted by BobCrazyton
    He prolly plays it for psyological reasons. Incase you don't know why it's because he had alot of pressure with his $10 million dollar contract(I think that's how much) and not alot of time to relax because of the 3rd season. so he checked himself into a psychiatric hospital in South Africa.

That was only a rumor. He was never in a mental institution. He went to South Africa to think over his next contract.

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

Originally posted by Kiamde

He prolly plays it for psyological reasons. Incase you don't know why it's because he had alot of pressure with his $10 million dollar contract(I think that's how much) and not alot of time to relax because of the 3rd season. so he checked himself into a psychiatric hospital in South Africa.

That was only a rumor. He was never in a mental institution. He went to South Africa to think over his next contract.

Oh w/e.
  • shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509

I love Dave Chappelle, he can be so funny on his show but whoever said he was much better live was absolutely right, I got to see his live act at the Just For Laughs festival in montreal a few years ago and he was by far in the top 3 comedy acts there, I almost died I laughed so much.

As for playing WoW, good for him. WoW can be a total blast to play, maybe not for a really time but it's total fun while your into it. The graphics are fantastic no matter what anyone says, the crafting is so simple anyone can pick it up for fun, the characters are quirky and cute and over the top. I mean it's just a fun game that doesn't it take itself seriously, I just don't get why people can't except that and be happy for anyone that may find a game they enjoy.

• fulmanfufulmanfu Member Posts: 1,523

good stuff.

he quit his show becasue he was falling behind his in game friends in lvl. no doubt about it

i bet the f'er buys gold on ebay though.

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,358

I could just see him on WoW screaming "I'm Rick James bitch!"

Originally posted by fulmanfu

good stuff.
    he quit his show becasue he was falling behind his in game friends in lvl. no doubt about it
    i bet the f'er buys gold on ebay though.

OMG please tell me you're kidding.
  • shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509

Originally posted by dekron

I could just see him on WoW screaming "I'm Rick James bitch!"

LOL... I love it !

Originally posted by fulmanfu
    good stuff.
    i bet the f'er buys gold on ebay though.OMG please tell me you're kidding.

Uh no. The Chappelle Show is going on for 4 more years. If it is cancelled, Dave must do another show until his contract expires.

• RazorbackRazorback Member Posts: 5,253

Originally posted by nooblet

lol thats hilarious. Chappelle's the man::::20:: He's a good comedian/actor and his show is extremely funny sometimes.

I second that...

When I saw him do "Negrodamaus" I damn near wet myself imageimageimage

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• GunharpGunharp Member Posts: 2,890

Whoa..seeing all the rumors let me tell you what I heard from people like my mom >_<

He converted to Islam and is becoming a muslim thats what I think E! said. THats why he was in south africa and of course his comedy and new religon don't really mix, so he had like moral issues.

• RazorbackRazorback Member Posts: 5,253

I think comedy and religion go hand in hand

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• metalfoxusmetalfoxus Member Posts: 805
    Dave Chappelle isn't funny. He just ends every mediocre skit with "BITCH!" to make all the stupid people laugh.
  • bobblerbobbler Member UncommonPosts: 810

i wonder what his ingame name is and what shard >_> ::::36::

• GunharpGunharp Member Posts: 2,890

Originally posted by metalfoxus
    Dave Chappelle isn't funny. He just ends every mediocre skit with "BITCH!" to make all the stupid people laugh.

You obviously have not watched every episode, because not every skit has him saying BITCH. Hmmm I also think everyone in here would disagree that they are stupid. Or that his skits are just medicore. What is mediocre these days is SNL.

YOU make us all laugh for being stupid, lol.

• lonelyrobotlonelyrobot Member Posts: 194

Then make us laugh, funny boy!

• patheospatheos Member Posts: 1,148

The 2 best skits are the wayne brady one and when he is on fear factor. The third best is the one where he helps that girl figure out she needs big breasts and without them the world is going to end.

Are you an angel?

nope, im just a n***** who loves titties.

Originally posted by Sully1881

The 2 best skits are the wayne brady one and when he is on fear factor. The third best is the one where he helps that girl figure out she needs big breasts and without them the world is going to end.

Are you an angel?
    nope, im just a n***** who loves titties.

I like:

1)Rick Jame skit(I'm Rick James bitch!)

2)Samuel Jackson beer comercial(How's it taste motherf****er)

3)Real life internet(Spam busters bitch!)

• metalfoxusmetalfoxus Member Posts: 805

Originally posted by Gunblade

You obviously have not watched every episode, because not every skit has him saying BITCH. Hmmm I also think everyone in here would disagree that they are stupid. Or that his skits are just medicore. What is mediocre these days is SNL.

YOU make us all laugh for being stupid, lol.

coming from the guy who has a VG Cats avatar... I question what you call funny.
  • ViolentYViolentY Member Posts: 1,458

They ate me! A fucking shark ATE ME!

-Machiavelli

Originally posted by ViolentY

They ate me! A fucking shark ATE ME!

Samuel Jackson: How's it taste motherf****er!?

Guy: Can you stop yelling at me?

Samuel Jackson: No, I can't! This is how I talk! Havn't you seen my movies!? Like Deep Blue Sea. They ate me! a f****ing shark ate me!

It'll get ya drunk! You'll be f****ing fat chicks in no time!