Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best PvP Community......WoW? :(

MaddelineMaddeline Member Posts: 12

Hello guys! My name is Maddi and like a lot of people out there, I am looking for a GOOD PvP game! I am willing to try any game that I've already tried if they've fixed the PvP and the population is good. I just wanna find a game with a good population that has fun meaningful PvP. Sadly, thats asking ALOT right now :( Thank you!

Comments

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999

Most people seem to recommend AoC as its currently got a free version and hense alot of people seem to be playing it now, might wanna look into that.  Also, one of the most recommended PVP type MMORPGs is DAoC though I donno about the population and community on there as its a really old game but it always seems to get mentioned so that might be worth looking into as well. Oh yeah and there's also Guild Wars though a bit more restrictive on how many skills you can use but you can mix and match 2 classes to become more formidable.  Also, I personally do enjoy WAR to a certain extent though some people like to bash it but to me its a decent game.  There's also Dark Fall, again, people like to bash that game too and imo its not an easy one as its all FPS type and more skill based, good luck dodging those range attacking goblins at the start without a shield to block with! lol ._.; (this is what made me quit that game).  Its a shame that ShadowBane isn't still around and the *caugh* emulator *caugh* still isn't ready yet, that imo was by far one of the best PVP orientated MMOs I've ever played.  Anyway, good luck on your search, I think I've pretty much covered the most recommended PVP games to date.

Originally posted by Robokapp

Eve online?

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that one lol ^_^;  Its ok if ya like sci fi space type games, its not a shooter type though, more like lock on and auto shoot, no aiming involved, though the complexity of building the right rig setup for your ship can be intersting.

imageimage

• ClandestineClandestine Member UncommonPosts: 91

Meaningful can be interpreted in a lot of ways, but I think Rift has pretty fun PvP and PvE. There's a variety of stuff to do anytime so I would recommend it.

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

It would be easier if you mentioned what genre you would prefer. Do you prefer fantasy or sci-fi? Space ships or people? etc.

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999

Originally posted by Clandestine

Meaningful can be interpreted in a lot of ways, but I think Rift has pretty fun PvP and PvE. There's a variety of stuff to do anytime so I would recommend it.

I think what he means by meaningful is like when ya take control of a area it benifits your faction or whatever, ya know, stuff like that.  Not just simple mindless bloodshed just to have something to gloat about.

imageimage

• riptipriptip Member Posts: 10

Try AoC, it is free now and has a solid community. Plus the Guild city aspect of the game with its bonuses to the guild players and progressing trhough tiers is meaningful PvP for me. And there is a hardcore PvP server which I think is the most populated of the server. The combat is different than most theme-park rpgs. The game is not without its problems though, keep that in mind. Eve Online is even more involving than just the Guild city of AoC so try that as well :). I think Runes of Magic had fun, meaningful PvP and Aika I think was the name of the game (those are free to play). Aika Online had a three faction system PvP. I've tried Dark Age of Camelot but had a lot of trouble finding the community, maybe I didn't look too hard:D If you get past some issues of Warhammer Online you would enjoy a lot of PvP. Hope I helped :)

• brutotalbrutotal Member Posts: 276

meaningful pvp?

eve, perpetuum, mortal, darkfall

Don't think there are others with real item loss on death, non-instanced, territory owner ship etc.

Judging by the refrence to wow in the title you definition of meaningful pvp is probably pretty different. Seeing how the last time I told someone wow isn't a good example of a sandbox game I got my post deleted I think I have to put a disclaimer in this post.

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131

AoC Cimmeria had the best pvp community i ever saw, it didn't even feel like a pvp server (chat wise) you'd ask a question and get polite helpful answers,even from people that had just killed you in pvp. but it went waaaay downhill after they offered free transfers to it, the WORST pvp community i ever encountered was AoC Tyranny.... it was just crazy the difference between the 2.

Tyranny...ugh even just ask a simple question and 90% of the time the answer is "Your mom", racist jokes are the norm, and just plain douche baggery all around. the server puts what is known as "barren's chat" to shame, seriously horrible community.