Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera or l2

SeisSeis Member Posts: 8

With Tera being effectively L3 and l2 being so old, is it worth playing l2 or should I just wait for tera?

If i started l2 how long would it take to get the best end-game items?

Thanks

Comments

• sketchy_sketchy_ Member UncommonPosts: 137

Complete bullshit tbh Aori.

I recently returned to Lineage 2, made a new character. Didn't have any stuff left on my old character.

I've played for a little bit over a month now. Level 79 atm, full s-grade, +7 s-weapon, dynasty jewels. Got full s80 set (3x60 elemental) in my warehouse and looking for s80 weapon atm. Played sort of hardcore the first two weeks but now it's pretty casual.

I have never ever bought in game money, never botted and NEVER will.

There's so many events now going on that it's super easy to level and earn adena. The last bunny event I think I made about 500 million adena + elemental stones I used for my s80 set.

But sure there will always be players who got better gear that has played the game for like 7 years now. But then the game has never been about 1v1 so who cares anyway. Can still have loads of fun with groups.

"If I had a d*ck, I'd go get laid. But we can do that next best thing... Let's kill people."

If you think you need full elegia set, +16 top s84 weapon, full epic jewlery to compete a bit. Then you're rather dumb.

Most high level people are in low s84 gear.

"If I had a d*ck, I'd go get laid. But we can do that next best thing... Let's kill people."

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Aori is somebody that has no idea what Lineage 2 is about and probaly never even made it to C Grade. Dude is so but hurt because he failed at the game its just funny. Every post is the same thing over and over and if he was not butt hurt then why would you keep comming here?  How can the game be a wasted of time just because you dont like it? Like Sketchy alot of people play this game and actually learn what to do and how to make it. I got a buddy that I started my main toon with and he sure as hell does not have the best gear in game and came in 2nd last month for Hero.

As for the OP to get the best end game items its going to take alot of time and alot of effort. Lineage 2 is getting ready to change totally in another month or 2 so whats best right now wont be for long. My main is 84 right now naked with no gear because I am waiting on the next update before I gear him out.

I got my eye on Tera but I dont see it being Lineage 3. Tera is a quest based game where Lineage 2 is an open world sandbox type game where you go where you want to go and do what you want to do. Tera does not look like Lineage 3 to me, ArcheAge looks more like it then anything out there. As for Lineage 2 just try it and see if you like.

Well if overenchanted top s84 gear is what you need to play the game. Then don't play Lineage 2 or go to some shitty private server. Cause you ain't getting it.

There's like 1 guy in Korea I think that has a +16 Recurve Thorne bow.

edit: and when GoD comes you will get armors from quests from what I've heard. You even get the first R-grade armor set when you awaken as a new class and taaaddaaa: you're on an equal armor level as everyone else.

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824

I havent played in a few years, and since you guys still are, I gotta ask

how's the botting problem? still the same or worse?

when I last played I remember bot groups of 10 moving in perfect unison, camping out every good grinding spot

Originally posted by Asamof

I havent played in a few years, and since you guys still are, I gotta ask

how's the botting problem? still the same or worse?

when I last played I remember bot groups of 10 moving in perfect unison, camping out every good grinding spot

Was the same when I quit the game back in C5. Nothing like that at all anymore. You see a few high level bots that farm sp and such but it's not like it destroys the gameplay like before. The only thing that bugs me is the use of L2ranger cheats.

• TwistingfateTwistingfate Member Posts: 177

Seis id try L2 out. Its quite a fun game though it will be a large time requirement. its an older game so things arent handed to you easily like all the newer mmo, i think thats what makes it fun though. a few notable things about L2 are all the classes. the game has a large amount of classes lol. The zones in game are also really interesting. I loved wandering around the world seeing all the area's makes me wish i could have played it at launch.  

anyways TL:DR its a fun game, worth trying. check it out :)

best wishes

Twistingfate

Originally posted by Aori

Originally posted by Mannish

Aori is somebody that has no idea what Lineage 2 is about and probaly never even made it to C Grade. Dude is so but hurt because he failed at the game its just funny. Every post is the same thing over and over and if he was not butt hurt then why would you keep comming here?  How can the game be a wasted of time just because you dont like it? Like Sketchy alot of people play this game and actually learn what to do and how to make it. I got a buddy that I started my main toon with and he sure as hell does not have the best gear in game and came in 2nd last month for Hero.

As for the OP to get the best end game items its going to take alot of time and alot of effort. Lineage 2 is getting ready to change totally in another month or 2 so whats best right now wont be for long. My main is 84 right now naked with no gear because I am waiting on the next update before I gear him out.

I got my eye on Tera but I dont see it being Lineage 3. Tera is a quest based game where Lineage 2 is an open world sandbox type game where you go where you want to go and do what you want to do. Tera does not look like Lineage 3 to me, ArcheAge looks more like it then anything out there. As for Lineage 2 just try it and see if you like.

Really? You have a lot of hate inside you dont ya? lol. When someone asks for the best you tell them what it takes to get the best. You don't sugar coat and be like well you can be like the lower half of the end players and be in mediocre gear like this. I answered the guys question and you guys haven't, you're just flaming and throwing out opinions and insults. Btw you have no idea who i am, how good i was in lineage 2 or what i've accomplished in the game.

Never said you wouldn't have fun, however if you're looking to be the best don't bother with lineage 2. Simple as that. I've also said in many posts if you're gonna play don't worry about it and wait for GoD.  So far i've backed everything i said up and you simple say no you're wrong and i'm right and never say why.

Stop taking it personal, its a game and this is a forum.. opinions are everywhere so i'd appreciate it if you stop attacking me as i've not done the same to you.

How have you backed everything up? You just keep comming here saying Lineage 2 is a waste of time because you failed at it. I am not the one with hate, you are. Why are you here? When a person comes here asking about trying the game why try to run them off telling them the game is a waste of time? Why not just say I use to play and found that the game is just not for me but you should try and see for your self? Thats what I dont like. Let people try the game and see for them selves if they like it. I have played WoW, EQ 2, Lotro, Warhammer, Age Of Conan, Rift and quit them all because they just did not do it for me. I do not go to those forums telling people not to try those games. Whats taste bad to me might taste good to someone else. Thats just the way life is. You tried the game and did not like, move along man and let other people try. 

Originally posted by Aori

Originally posted by Mannish

How have you backed everything up? You just keep comming here saying Lineage 2 is a waste fo time because you failed at it. I am not the one with hate, you are. When a person comes here asking about trying the game why try to run them off telling them the game is a waste of time? Why not just say I use to play and found that the game is just not for me but you should try and see for your self? Thats what I dont like. Let people try the game and see for them selves if they like. I have played WoW, EQ 2, Lotro, Warhammer, Age Of Conan and quit them all because they just did not do it for me. I do not go to those forums telling people not to try those games. Whats taste bad to me might taste good to someone else. Thats just the way life is. You tried the game and did not like, move along man and let other people try. 

He asked a question.. i answered it. I like L2 but i hate NCwest, how many times do i have to repeat myself. I've played L2 from beta to C3, then again during C5 and recently for a bit. I didn't say don't play lineage2, i told him what it would require to do what he wanted.

I even said to wait for GoD, i didn't write the game off completely.

You really need to read posts

You hate L2 and you can try to sugar coat it all you want. You clearly said L2 was a waste of time and anybody reading your post can see you dont like this game. I am done talking to you about this game. Only the strong survive, too bad you are not one of them.