Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Witcher 2 vrs. Two Worlds 2

RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426

The witcher 2 vrs. Two Worlds 2.  Thinking of grabing one of these to kill some time. I played Witcher 1 but was not a fan of the movement and combat. Has it improved in 2 ? If you have played both plz throw me some pro's and con's.  Thanx in advance.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard

Comments

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 829

I have to say pick up the Witcher 2, it is one of the better games of 2011. Two Worlds 2 was an improvement over the first game but not really that outstanding of a gameplay experience. I supsect you're going to see more recommendations for the Witcher 2 than you are for TW2.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

If you didn't liek the combat in the witcher 1 then you won't like it in the second as its not all that different. The Witcher 2 for some beautiful scenery and a great story but 2 Worlds 2 for a more open game.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Another thing you have to think about is whether you like your multiplayer. 

IIRC Witcher 2 has no multiplayer o.o

Two Worlds 2 however...Well...It supposedly has a decent 16 man co op or was it 8....Me forgets but yah!  Two Worlds 2 has multiplayer! :3

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• NightAngellNightAngell Member Posts: 566

Originally posted by Redcor

The witcher 2 vrs. Two Worlds 2.  Thinking of grabing one of these to kill some time. I played Witcher 1 but was not a fan of the movement and combat. Has it improved in 2 ? If you have played both plz throw me some pro's and con's.  Thanx in advance.

I have both games and The Witcher 2 wins hands down for me. But let me throw another game into the mix which many people have not given a chance.

Its one of the best i have played and it's open world and you can take the dragon form.

Play the demo.. The music and graphics are top notch as well.

Get PC version..

http://www.divinity2-saga.com/index.php

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Two Worlds 2 had AWSSOME multiplayer.

Make your own character male/female and join up with friends on D&D style quests.

And you could own your own huge plot of land with a house on it.  It was truly awesome.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

The Witcher2 is a better game.

I'd also second the Divinity2 game which was awesome.

Two World2 is also good if you are up for open world stuff although it is technically inferior. The voice acting is attrocious and the plot is just 'what the christ' material.

Get all 3 I say. STEAM had all 3 for really cheap during their summer sale so you should be able to pick all 3 if you wait a bit for the next round of sales. Either Halloween or the end-of-year.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• LisXiaLisXia Member Posts: 390

Originally posted by Redcor

Two Worlds is some sort of open world "sandbox" game.  You can move around and do quite some exploration without bothering too much about the main story arc.  Kinda like Elderly Scroll approach to building an world and let players live it out.  Two Worlds however is not as good as Elderly Scrolls in my view.

The Witcher, in particularly Witcher 2 is a heavily story driven game, you play a story, there is little exploration apart from the area where the story is happening and you were part of it.  More akin to Bioware games, the latest ones.  There is no world independent in existence outside the story arc.

Take your pick.  Err, the interface is kinda awkful for both games, for me at least.

• SulaaSulaa Member UncommonPosts: 1,329

I am usually for oen , sandboxish games like Two Worlds 2 as well , but In this case I will do exception.

The Witcher 2 is really good game , get it :)

• pfloydguy84pfloydguy84 Member UncommonPosts: 149

witcher 2's combat is much differant then the first.It is more standard third person action rpg combat.The first was not that good, you hadda wait for that thkng to glow and press mouse button when it did.Witcher 2 is a MUCH better game then TW2.They are dif tho and TW2 is more open world, but shallow.Witcher 2 is more linear and story driven, but much better done and much better story,characters,production values.

• bcrankshawbcrankshaw Member Posts: 547

Both are good games

But Witcher 2 offers a much better overall RPG experience ,in Witcher 2 you really have to consider what choices you will make ...I mean you  really think about the consequences .Also it’s an adult themed game which suits the gritty world of The Witcher

TW2 is an open world ,like  any Elder Scrolls game ,so when you see a mountain you can walk to it .  It has an excellent system of creating spells and potions but  there are  certain aspects of the game that don't make sense e.g. ostriches, rhino's and baboons that attack you on sight ( man-eating ostriches ????  :))

Everything in Witcher 2 has lore and the plot in Witcher 2 absolutely captivates you , you really want to  finish the game to find out  " why "

So I would vote for Witcher 2

"after the time of dice came the day of mice "

• brett7018brett7018 Member UncommonPosts: 181

The Witcher 2, hands down.   Played through it a few different times.  Awesome game!

Two Worlds 2....I couldn't even bring myself to finish the game.  Just nothing in it that kept my attention very long.  I would start up the computer, look at the icon and think...I should finish that.  Then I would say, "Nah, not now."  Eventually I just uninstalled.

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Witcher 2.

Anyone who didn't play Witcher 1 first, you should. It's not necessary but it's good for the storyline.

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466

wow this is not even a versus!! well, The Witcher 2 all the way.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Both are good games..

Witcher 2 has a better story, looks better but to look that good can take a beast of a machine.

Two Words 2 is more open style of play, looks good as well just not as good as witcher 2..

They are both different types of RPG really and both worth playing.

If i had to go for one or the other I think it would be Witcher 2.. but if you can get both :)

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Seeing as how the original question was posted almost 2 months ago, I wonder if the OP would like to return and inform us of his decision?

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

Two World 2 hands down, now with pirate dlc you can an extra fun.

Witcher 2 is a good game, but to much blabla bla and boring....

TW2 is more pew pew with less qq. :p

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Originally posted by Kenaoshi

Two World 2 hands down, now with pirate dlc you can an extra fun.

Witcher 2 is a good game, but to much blabla bla and boring....

TW2 is more pew pew with less qq. :p

The Witcher 2 is rather short and boring indeed awekward controls, annoying camera's quest that have been done million times in other game simple and have nothing to do with game story. Always same useless loot first mob twine or cloth or last mob in game drops twine cloth lol. The good weapons/armor you buy or craft are at end of game so useless.

Clearly a console game with dumb combat/movement and  camera and gui.

On Dark the armor weapon are nice if you have full set, but its not enough.

Game is fun to play ones if nothing else to play, but its mediocre game nothing more then 7/10.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i