Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars and WoW...

MediKMediK Member Posts: 40

Guild wars is not a MMORPG

Wow is a MMORPG

Guild wars world isn't persistant.

Wow's world is huge and at all times you are at war with the opposing faction.

guild wars has very little community. (All you do is go to instanced towns and get a pick-up group to do missions, and thast the whole game besides the low quality PvP)

Wow has a community built upon survival and your will of surviving. Some people are annoying some are honorable its up to you to decide what to do. Wanna be a guild leader and destroy towns? Wanna go solo and slay some horde or alliance?

Guild wars has no character development. Multiclasses? What a joke... The skills in the game are roughly similar to each other.

Wow also has similar skills... rogues get rogues kills ect BUT there are many different race and TALENT combos/builds you can do.

Guild Wars hasd almost no item finding/treasure finding besides tearing junk apart and crating useless equipment.

Wow has in-depth loot system where any mob can drop something good for you or trade and bosses in dungeons drop really good gear. Some items are bind on pickup, which balances teh economy. There is an auction house to trade items.

Guild wars has no monthly fees? It's not a MMORPG. But they release expansion packs to add to the boring game every 6 months. Thats 30-50$ every 6 months. Thats 20$ less than wow.

Wow costs 50 cents a day. Its a MMORPG and it has over 2 million ppl playing the game. If you see the server list on US realms alone, it boggles the mind.

Anyone who says guild wars is better than wow or ya im quitting wow to play guild wars. They are either to oor to pay for wow, burnt out cause all they did was play wow for 24 hours a day and made absolutely no friends to play with, and last but not least, they post junk like that to cause drama. The typical "Wahhh im quitting wow to play GW" threads on here along with blizzard forums.

After GW was released there were re-posts saying "Wow, I bought Guild wars adn im coming back to wow, GW was a disappointment."

There ya have it. If your into RPG's and want a large persistant world, huge community, large scale PvP (dont have to PvP), lots of dungeons, millionas of items, thousands of unfound items, endless possibilities to discover and enjoy. Wow deserves AT LEAST a 9.0 on the rating. It deserves to be the top because it is the top.

Contact me on AIM if you are looking to get wow... If you play on my realm, ill group/help ya out.

AIM:   LCLERICL

Comments

• MalomeisterMalomeister Member Posts: 86
    Um, this gets the award for most stupidest post ever.  What the heck.  Why are u ever posting this on a WoW board.  Let people play what they want dude.  Guild Wars, WoW, are different play styles.  If you like WoW play WoW, if u like GW play GW.  Also GW is not an mmorpg, i agree, when have the creators ever fucking said that.  Learn to read man.  GW is a CORPG(Competitve Online Role Playing Game).  I am not saying i hate WoW or i hate GW.  I think they are both good in their own way.  Your pointless posts on GW boards and WoW boards are getting pointless.  No one cares.  Guild Wars is good for a person who wants good and fast pvp and storyline and less grinding and all that gay stuff ppl usually dislike.  Wow is for the gamer who just wants to play a fun traditional MMORPG.  Nuff said, MediK jsut shut up and let ppl play what they want, no flaming is neccesary.

Violence

• TansTans Member Posts: 240

Originally posted by MediK
    Wow is a MMORPG
    Anyone who says guild wars is better than wow or ya im quitting wow to play guild wars. They are either to oor to pay for wow, burnt out cause all they did was play wow for 24 hours a day and made absolutely no friends to play with,

I have to see the doctor now; my eyes split open after reading this.

---------------------------------------
    Why are you reading this? This is crap compared to what's above.

• BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117

Wow is a MMORPG

Guild wars world isn't persistant.
    Wow's world is huge and at all times you are at war with the opposing faction.

guild wars has very little community. (All you do is go to instanced towns and get a pick-up group to do missions, and thast the whole game besides the low quality PvP)
    Wow has a community built upon survival and your will of surviving. Some people are annoying some are honorable its up to you to decide what to do. Wanna be a guild leader and destroy towns? Wanna go solo and slay some horde or alliance?
    Guild wars has no character development. Multiclasses? What a joke... The skills in the game are roughly similar to each other.
    Wow also has similar skills... rogues get rogues kills ect BUT there are many different race and TALENT combos/builds you can do.
    Guild Wars hasd almost no item finding/treasure finding besides tearing junk apart and crating useless equipment.
    Wow has in-depth loot system where any mob can drop something good for you or trade and bosses in dungeons drop really good gear. Some items are bind on pickup, which balances teh economy. There is an auction house to trade items.
    Guild wars has no monthly fees? It's not a MMORPG. But they release expansion packs to add to the boring game every 6 months. Thats 30-50$ every 6 months. Thats 20$ less than wow.
    Wow costs 50 cents a day. Its a MMORPG and it has over 2 million ppl playing the game. If you see the server list on US realms alone, it boggles the mind.

Anyone who says guild wars is better than wow or ya im quitting wow to play guild wars. They are either to oor to pay for wow, burnt out cause all they did was play wow for 24 hours a day and made absolutely no friends to play with, and last but not least, they post junk like that to cause drama. The typical "Wahhh im quitting wow to play GW" threads on here along with blizzard forums.
    After GW was released there were re-posts saying "Wow, I bought Guild wars adn im coming back to wow, GW was a disappointment."

There ya have it. If your into RPG's and want a large persistant world, huge community, large scale PvP (dont have to PvP), lots of dungeons, millionas of items, thousands of unfound items, endless possibilities to discover and enjoy. Wow deserves AT LEAST a 9.0 on the rating. It deserves to be the top because it is the top.

Contact me on AIM if you are looking to get wow... If you play on my realm, ill group/help ya out.
    AIM:   LCLERICL

I'm sueing. This thread(along with all of yours and others threads about GW sucking) made my ears bleed.
  • WillJones420WillJones420 Member Posts: 263

Originally posted by BobCrazyton
    I'm sueing. This thread(along with all of yours and others threads about GW sucking) made my ears bleed.

I can see how the post would make someone's brain hemorrhage that bad.  image

• Silver.Silver. Member Posts: 368

you like WoW.

this is for someone that dislkes both.......

becuase he favor none

Cheers! I'm out ::::28::::
    ---------------------------------------------

• jbkilla1jbkilla1 Member Posts: 2

Why did you even post this WoW and GW are two totally different games in my opinion you cant compare them.

• MediKMediK Member Posts: 40

You are all filth on my computer screen. This is MMORPG.com.... Every game on the game list is a MMORPG..... EXCEPT Guild wars, yet it gets a better rating because they put 1 ratings on the games that deserve more. This rating system by the way is a pile of crap. 

There are personal opinions but theres reality. If you look into the why's in Guild Wars you'll come to realize why it's free and how they do it. It's a huge economic scam and go look at the wow forums when GW was released... It got at least 500 posts saying "I'm quitting WoW for Guild Wars, obviously a better mmo bleh bleh"

Within a week of this flood of posts, ppl returned posting or replyign to theer post saying "Wow, I am completely disapointed by Guild Wars... I'm coming back to wow."

This brought me to buy GW and try it after I did the betas... I liked the betas but there was no PvE content and the PvP was NOT fun NOT in-depth and NOT fun. Then you see posts and even REVIEWS entirely in the wow rating saying WoW pvp is lame and unskillful. Guild Wars deserves a 7 at best and yet it roles on in this MMORPG site as if it were a conquering king of games. It's the most disgusting ecuse for an RPG I have ever seen. There is NO PVE CONTENT.... The Dungeons are not even dungeons... The World is a puzzle and you just put it together yet the population is spread out on all the pieces. The community is horrid, worse than WoW's community. The game is a pile of trash for being on this site.

Everyone plays wow and it will continue to grow. Waste your money on other games but wow has every feature any game offers. Adventure, RP, PvE, PvP, Guilds, Large Scale PvP, Raids, Raid Bosses, Action, Story, and an open ended storyline at that.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06/29/news_6128319.html?tag=lastword_all_headline

Even Dave Chappelle plays wow.

World of Warcraft is the best game ever made and I played every game in it's genre.  And even as a MMORPG. it is drawing in people who never played MMORPG's. So you can all thank WoW for drawing in a few million new MMO players for future game populations.

What did guild wars do?  It hyped its poor game up until a large amount bought it and 50% were disgusted by how bad it was... Get through it and your done... NOTHING to go back for... Cry more about the 15/mon WoW fee cause thats why you complain. Flame me cause you need to self pride when in reality i'm right and only the future will prove it. WoW is best, GW is total trash, just like 90% of MMO's that get released with a promise and just wastes our hard earned dollar. WoW puts everything in the game that is fun. And they add content every month and have plans for an expansion and MORE. Get real and do some research before you point fingers at my post.

• BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117

You are all filth on my computer screen. This is MMORPG.com.... Every game on the game list is a MMORPG..... EXCEPT Guild wars, yet it gets a better rating because they put 1 ratings on the games that deserve more. This rating system by the way is a pile of crap. 
    There are personal opinions but theres reality. If you look into the why's in Guild Wars you'll come to realize why it's free and how they do it. It's a huge economic scam and go look at the wow forums when GW was released... It got at least 500 posts saying "I'm quitting WoW for Guild Wars, obviously a better mmo bleh bleh"
    Within a week of this flood of posts, ppl returned posting or replyign to theer post saying "Wow, I am completely disapointed by Guild Wars... I'm coming back to wow."
    This brought me to buy GW and try it after I did the betas... I liked the betas but there was no PvE content and the PvP was NOT fun NOT in-depth and NOT fun. Then you see posts and even REVIEWS entirely in the wow rating saying WoW pvp is lame and unskillful. Guild Wars deserves a 7 at best and yet it roles on in this MMORPG site as if it were a conquering king of games. It's the most disgusting ecuse for an RPG I have ever seen. There is NO PVE CONTENT.... The Dungeons are not even dungeons... The World is a puzzle and you just put it together yet the population is spread out on all the pieces. The community is horrid, worse than WoW's community. The game is a pile of trash for being on this site.

Everyone plays wow and it will continue to grow. Waste your money on other games but wow has every feature any game offers. Adventure, RP, PvE, PvP, Guilds, Large Scale PvP, Raids, Raid Bosses, Action, Story, and an open ended storyline at that.
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06/29/news_6128319.html?tag=lastword_all_headline
    Even Dave Chappelle plays wow.

World of Warcraft is the best game ever made and I played every game in it's genre.  And even as a MMORPG. it is drawing in people who never played MMORPG's. So you can all thank WoW for drawing in a few million new MMO players for future game populations.

What did guild wars do?  It hyped its poor game up until a large amount bought it and 50% were disgusted by how bad it was... Get through it and your done... NOTHING to go back for... Cry more about the 15/mon WoW fee cause thats why you complain. Flame me cause you need to self pride when in reality i'm right and only the future will prove it. WoW is best, GW is total trash, just like 90% of MMO's that get released with a promise and just wastes our hard earned dollar. WoW puts everything in the game that is fun. And they add content every month and have plans for an expansion and MORE. Get real and do some research before you point fingers at my post.

OMG...someone please shoot him now before my head explodes from all the crap in that "review".image