Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Users Unlikely to play the RMAH Market

ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

I just lol..... Seriously ? Sometime I think they just say stuff to get attention.  The majority will indeed take the time out and play the market.

Source: http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/pardo-auction-house-users-unlikely-to-play-the-market

Comments

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Originally posted by SaintViktor

I just lol..... Seriously ? Sometime I think they just say stuff to get attention.  The majority will indeed take the time out and play the market.

Source: http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/pardo-auction-house-users-unlikely-to-play-the-market

Really?  I sure as hell won't.  Of course I'll play the game, but it'll be in spite of the market.  At best, the idea of it just doesn't interest me.  Some people will definetely be camping it obsessively, but I think most people won't do much more than glance at it, and go back to playing.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• SulaaSulaa Member UncommonPosts: 1,329

I won't play Diablo 3 at all. I cannot suport a game which bring things like RMAH - it is totally against what I believe games should be. Besdies that D3 don't really excite me, whole feeling this game gives is too cartoony and arcade for my tastes. I want horror and feel of depravity , not happy slashing of monsters for shinies.

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

I cant say I like it in the game but there will be many people that use it and probably some that will make a living off it.

• SkillCosbySkillCosby Member Posts: 684

I won't buy anything from the market. However, I'll certainly post items up.

Actually, you know what? This whole idea is bs. I HATE the way games have been turning out. They ask for so much, yet provide very little.

• AthillianAthillian Member Posts: 104

I'll be playing the game for fun, I dont think i will participate in the RMAH. I mean I think ingame AH are stressful enough, whether your items sell, if you have items that you wont and arent there etc.

• Originally posted by Sulaa

I cannot suport a game which bring things like RMAH

Enjoy playing every game with an unregulated one then. Not a single game out there is without gold sellers of some nature. Blizzard is making it safe, and adding an absolutely great step towards owning their property like anyone who develops their IP should. I commend Blizzard, and must say bravo to them for grasping the real world.

• MurashuMurashu Member UncommonPosts: 1,386

If I can make enough money to pay for my initial investment of the game I will be quite happy about using the RMAH. I highly recommend everyone use it and buy from Murashu :)

• KnaveSkyeKnaveSkye Member UncommonPosts: 137

Originally posted by precious328

I won't buy anything from the market. However, I'll certainly post items up.

Actually, you know what? This whole idea is bs. I HATE the way games have been turning out. They ask for so much, yet provide very little.

Yes, they are asking so very much from everyone by including a 100% optional feature that is likely to be used by a fairly small percentage of the player base.

There will be a few who buy an item or two, the majority of the seller market will probably be the gold/loot farmers undercutting any single player trying to sell something, which requires you to pay money to even list and more money if it sells.

One of the biggest negatives of this system is that those gold farmers will probably buy out anything that goes on the gold market to put on the RMAH. Hopefully the region locking will keep this to a minimum in the states.

This also allows those into PVP to gear themselves out as much as their wallet will allow, which will bother some, but isnt a factor for me wanting this.

One thing I think would help keep the market reasonable for those who want to stick to just spending Gold, is that once an item has been sold on the Gold Auction house, it can never be sold in the RMAH. This would keep the Gold farmers from buying everything out with their rediculous amounts of hoarded gold just to sell it all for real money.

If the want items to sell (other than the ones they actually earn), they have to spend real money to buy out items regular players are selling, which is good for those who want to use this feature.

It also means that they then have to jack the price quite a bit  (Listing & Selling Charge + Actual Profit) in order to make it worth while. With the price jacking, id assume only a small number of people will want to use the RMAH for buying items they could otherwise buy using gold on the less tainted Ingame Auction House.

Please feel free to pick this appart, cause now that ive written it I really think this has potential, its just too bad there is no way it will turn out this way.

• sldropsldrop Member Posts: 112

Originally posted by namelessbob

Originally posted by Sulaa

Enjoy playing every game with an unregulated one then. Not a single game out there is without gold sellers of some nature. Blizzard is making it safe, and adding an absolutely great step towards owning their property like anyone who develops their IP should. I commend Blizzard, and must say bravo to them for grasping the real world.

So.....if u cant stop it, support it?

next support selling toons/accounts? and how about selling hack/bot  programs?

• DubhlaithDubhlaith Member Posts: 1,012

I wouldn't use the market. Of course, I won't buy the game at all, largely because of the market.

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true — you know it, and they know it." —Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

WTF? No subscription fee?

• SiderasSideras Member Posts: 231

I'll use the market, wth are people stupid? YOU CAN EARN MONEY, I mean real money, that you can spend on booze and shit.

• cdhamescdhames Member Posts: 26

I'm not sure this is the best way to fight RM traders.  Blizzard is creating a legitimate, secondary market that will have a direct effect on character progression.  Regardless of whether or not Blizzard makes money off sales, or is selling directly or not, they are still creating a market where people can spend Real Money to advance their characters.  This is a significant turn-off for a majority of players who aren't as flush with money to spend on games. 

Ultimately, I believe this is going to quickly ruin any sort of balanced leveling/advancement system.  Bottom Line:  the more money you spend, the more powerful your character will be. 

I also think this will take the fun out of the game, for many players.  Once you know with certainty that you can be all-powerful at the drop of a few bucks, the challenge of progression is removed.  Only griefers and low self-esteem players tend to continue playing after this realization. 

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

Blizzard's not fighting anything at all.  They just want their cut.  That is all image

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• ZetsueiZetsuei Member UncommonPosts: 249

Originally posted by SlyLoK

I cant say I like it in the game but there will be many people that use it and probably some that will make a living off it.

If you honestly believe that you can make a living off it, then I feel sad for you. You'll be lucky to make your initial investment of buying D3 back within a couple months if you use it.

• LisXiaLisXia Member Posts: 390

Originally posted by sldrop

So.....if u cant stop it, support it?

next support selling toons/accounts? and how about selling hack/bot  programs?

If you cannot stop it, if it is going to happen you can

Either pretend it does not exist and let your customers suffer, or

Take steps and see if it can change the landscape a bit, giving your customers a shot back at the farmers.

Take your pick.  Blizzard took theirs.  No view from me, as I am not the developer.  I am just a tiny one in the millions who might buy a copy and play.

• UOvetUOvet Member Posts: 514

The game looks rather bland anyway. Diablo 3 should've come out 4 years ago.

• zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558

People seem to forget Diablo 3 is not an mmorpg.  It's a single player or co-op game with 4 players maximum depending on how you play it.  There is no competitve edge like you would normally see in an mmorpg.  It has been stated numerous times the game will not be balanced around PvP but rather to be a fun co-op experience.  I don't give a damn how the average Joe wants to spend his money,  because it has very LITTLE effect on me.  If anything, a player with bought gear will probably only make your runs a tad easier (if he/she isn't an idiot).

Secondly,  I really doubt most people are going to spend real $$ to gear up every slot on their character.  Most likely they will be missing that single peice of gear that makes up a whole Set and be left with two choices:  Farm it and hope you get it (1-5% chance) or go buy it with gold or cash.  

Lastly,  Diablo 3 is free to play (after the intial box price),  there is no shame in Blizzard getting their cut off the RMAH to maintain the battle.net servers in which we will play on.   The rest of the money could go to releasing patches or developing the expansions.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Originally posted by zethcarn

People seem to forget Diablo 3 is not an mmorpg.  It's a single player or co-op game with 4 players maximum depending on how you play it.  There is no competitve edge like you would normally see in an mmorpg.  It has been stated numerous times the game will not be balanced around PvP but rather to be a fun co-op experience.  I don't give a damn how the average Joe wants to spend his money,  because it has very LITTLE effect on me.  If anything, a player with bought gear will probably only make your runs a tad easier (if he/she isn't an idiot).

Secondly,  I really doubt most people are going to spend real $$ to gear up every slot on their character.  Most likely they will be missing that single peice of gear that makes up a whole Set and be left with two choices:  Farm it and hope you get it (1-5% chance) or go buy it with gold or cash.  

Lastly,  Diablo 3 is free to play (after the intial box price),  there is no shame in Blizzard getting their cut off the RMAH to maintain the battle.net servers in which we will play on.   The rest of the money could go to releasing patches or developing the expansions.

What this guy said.

• mrxennonmrxennon Member Posts: 209

Don't go cutting of your nose to spite your face, no point in shouting that your not buying it because you dont like the RMAH, you got a choice, use it or dont use it.  I dont agree with it nor will I be using it but I will be buying the game, I can enjoy farming all my own gear and not fill the pockets of some snotty nose kid who thinks they are leet because they got the drop that i needed.  Screw them I'm better than that. 

And if you think you can make a living of it then good luck to you, check out the prices of D2 stuff first before you make that decision, though i do expect people to sell stuff for a lot more than what D2 items are selling for.

• PittyHPittyH Member Posts: 116

There will be people that make thousands if not tens of thousands off diablo III.

Those people will most probably be gold farmer syndicates, and there will be 100 gold farmers undercutting everything you try to sell.

Still if you work as a group and play the game for fun with friends you might be able to loot a few good items to sell.

If you can't make any money at least you had some fun playing.

my web design: www.advancedws.com.au

• ThekandyThekandy Member Posts: 621

Originally posted by mrxennon

And if you think you can make a living of it then good luck to you, check out the prices of D2 stuff first before you make that decision, though i do expect people to sell stuff for a lot more than what D2 items are selling for.

A living? Perhaps not.

Extra spending money? You bet.

Compared to MMOs with their constant need for upkeep everything you gain will be pure profit after you make the box costs home.

• MMOrUSMMOrUS Member Posts: 414

They are indeed to be applauded, but why turn it into a money making venture aswell? if D3 was free to download then I could fully understand Blizzard needing to recoup their development money, but this is just plain greedy, it's finding another avenue to make cash while hailing it to be something that "Players want!!".

I foresee the gold sellers having a field day with this new system, once the first exploit is found it's bye bye flat fee and hello inflated percentage prices from Blizzard, they are introducing a system that will be abused and they are being rather naive and short-sighted if they believe it's fool-proof or going to prevent the gold-sellers from profiting, or perhaps this is Blizzards aim.

Anyway again I applaud Blizzard, they may have just closed out half the customers who wanted to buy D3.

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602

i'll def use it to sell, but not buy. If someone is willing to give me real money for items, why wouldn't I sell them?

mind you i've been selling stuff like this on ebay since lineage 2. 

• deadhopedeadhope Member Posts: 52

You guys don't have to use it... seriously. You get a few free listings on the RMAH per week and you make money ( which you can cash out ). What's wrong with getting money for your hard efforts ? It won't be NEEDED to buy stuff of the RMAH. They said gold will be needed more than good gear.

• deadhopedeadhope Member Posts: 52

Yes. Because you know, a REAL MONEY AH will have no one doing surveillance on it. You're as stupid as a sack of bricks.