Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

War of the Worlds

2»

Comments

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

I left the theatre last night feeling indifferent. The movie was niether that good or bad imo.

My advice today has been unless you're a AV freakaholic, wait for the DVD release. I thought the sound, or lack there-of in some instances, was very well done.

Being a Spielberg movie, I was expecting the same sense of intense hopeless struggle that was evident in the opening scenes of Saving Private Ryan.

The high-light of the movie for me was viewing the trailer for King Kong. ::::35::

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• hoofbite2khoofbite2k Member Posts: 8
    Gotta love that movie, it had it all just perfect
  • grimweepergrimweeper Member Posts: 2,047

tom cruise should have killed his daughter instead of that guy.<---only thing i would change about the movie

overall it was pretty good

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Originally posted by grimweeper
    tom cruise should have killed his daughter instead of that guy.<---only thing i would change about the movie
    overall it was pretty good

Although I'd hate to admit it, I was really hoping the daughter would lose her mind. When she was staring into blank space, a tear, not of sadness, but of joy streamed down my cheek.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• HatorianHatorian Member Posts: 164
    I like the movie... I just don't like the ending..

Im Amazed..... NOT!!!

• AlcananAlcanan Member UncommonPosts: 268

It was a good movie. Very real in it's depiction of life and the way people would eact to such a threat I think. I still think there where some problems with the film but overall a good movie worth your time and money. I agree the ending seamed alittle sudden. The intensity was reaching a boiling point then boom it's over.

8/10

Alcanan

"The True North Strong and Free"
    "Faith Manages"

• Zerocool032Zerocool032 Member Posts: 729

I wanted tom cruise to die ::::21::

• remarkxxxremarkxxx Member Posts: 2

I liked the move, but then again I like all scifi movies. I thought that Tom Cruise acted bewildered throughout the movie. That part was a bit disappointing. At least in the original, Gene Barry (I think it was Gene Barry) was proactive.