Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 got me interested in GW but i need help

2»

Comments

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

I picked GW1 up again and am really enjoying it, much more so than in the old days. I guess I was too much of a classic MMO player before to really get into GW1 even though I bought all of the expacs except EotN.

What makes it different this time? I guess time pressures to be completely honest. I really like the fact that I don't have to spend money on a sub and ANet doesn't seem to nickle and dime people to death like other game companies do with their F2A models. Though I love EQ2, this is something that ticks me off about EQ2X, that I can't easily play a la carte and it's expensive all told.

But also, I like the challenge in GW1. I haven't done any Master level quests since I've been back since I'm really rusty, and I'm definitely not getting the survivor title on my first toon, but I like the options of different difficulties and the degree of customisation for my character and my heros.

Back in the day, I found GW1 too limiting, but nowadays it is a breath of fresh air in comparison to the dumbed down, on-rails, lack of customizable gameplay many MMOs seem to offer these days.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.