Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW Good? Or Bad? Blizzard says they now have 2.5 million subscribers Lets Hear It.

2»

Comments

• Originally posted by knightaudit

Originally posted by Aildrik

Originally posted by ferthala

from my point of view it is a BAD game.
    I bought it, and I had some fan during the first 2-3 months, but when I reached lvl 60 the game became extremely boring to me. so, I unsubscribed it.
    I think in those 2.5 million they are counting also the unsubscribed people which are not playing any more (like me) you know, marketing is like that image

Right :)  Because that makes perfect sense... to count people who AREN'T subscribers, as part of the 2.5 mil active subscribers image.

It is a marketing thing where you take month ones numbers then add the number of new subscribers to that but do not take into account the number of lost subscribers. It allows for better bragging rights and looks good. After all who wants to hear about a game that had a million subscribers, opened in euorpe gained 500,000 then lost 450,000. As a board member you want to hear that you have 1.5 mil not 1.05 mil? They may be taking the number of "created accounts".

Except that it makes zero sense.  If you apply that kind of pretzel logic or "marketing" to EQ and UO, they would have like 10,000,000 subscribers.
  • battleaxe22battleaxe22 Member UncommonPosts: 303

FORGOT TO ADD This to me reply ... WOW HATERZ PLS stay away ...go flame other games on other boards ::::34::::::34::::::34::::::34::::::34::

• deathdude035deathdude035 Member Posts: 2

hey um i really liked the reviews and stuff for wow and i want to buy it soooooo badly and as soon as i get it i will post again on its upmost greatness but for now all i haqve to say is anyone who doesnt like wow just has to be crazyimageimageimage

so ill cya later byeimage

• JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

They do have 2.5 million subscribers and it shows. I'm glad I'm on a Medium pop server cause the HIGH POP servers are suffering like crazy! Imagine you get back home from work/school, you just wanna play WoW, but your server has a 10-30 minute queue line just to log in! ooh! that's gotta suck.

I still think the reason why Blizzard isn't generous to adding amazing content to the game is because they WANT to lose customers to stabilize the servers!

I mean if other MMORPGs can still be up and running with just 150k to 300k subscribers... why can't Blizzard cut down their subscribers from 2.5mil to maybe 1mil? Or 1.5mil just to be generous?

They went from a company that aids casual players with great customer support to a company that only adds content for hardcore gamers and offer the worst support ever! Why would a company suddenly change from amazing to sucky? Because they want us to leave! And by the looks of it, they are failing cause they went from 1.5mil subscribers to 2.5 in a few months.

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
    Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P

• MrViceMrVice Member Posts: 197

Oh thats right, now I remember why I don't come to read the forums anymore. Opinion wars. If you didn't like wow tough. To bad. Guess what 2.5 million people do, and according to a study done reciently about 60 percent of people who play wow have at least one character at sixty, which means obviously somone does like the end game content. I can see why it wouldn't appeal to some people, but don't assume people are idiots because they don't agree with your opinion. I personaly have a 60 mage and a 45 warrior and enjoy my time in world of warcraft. I guess I could go back to any of the other mmo's I've played before, but out of all of them, (13 diffrent games) I happen to like wow the best and yes I have been playing it from the begining.

I don't mean to be harsh but I'm absolutly sick of people automaticly assuming I'm a blizzard fanboy just because I happen to enjoy world of warcraft. Sure I own Warcraft and Starcaft but who the hell didn't and I know this might come as a shocker to you but I didn't even like Diablo or it's significantly less enthralling sequal. So yeah I could wander around trolling forums like you people do and piss everybody off or I could go back to my game and enjoy it. You know for people who love: Shadowbane, GuildWars, and Lineage so much you sure do have seem to spend a hell of a lot of time wandering through the warcraft forums. If your games so bloody good why don't you go sit down and play it and leave the rest of us alone.

Mr Vice out ::::26::

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

Originally posted by knightaudit

Originally posted by Aildrik

Originally posted by ferthala

from my point of view it is a BAD game.
    I bought it, and I had some fan during the first 2-3 months, but when I reached lvl 60 the game became extremely boring to me. so, I unsubscribed it.
    I think in those 2.5 million they are counting also the unsubscribed people which are not playing any more (like me) you know, marketing is like that image

Right :)  Because that makes perfect sense... to count people who AREN'T subscribers, as part of the 2.5 mil active subscribers image.

It is a marketing thing where you take month ones numbers then add the number of new subscribers to that but do not take into account the number of lost subscribers. It allows for better bragging rights and looks good. After all who wants to hear about a game that had a million subscribers, opened in euorpe gained 500,000 then lost 450,000. As a board member you want to hear that you have 1.5 mil not 1.05 mil? They may be taking the number of "created accounts".

Lay off the crack pipe! Its simple math, no reading between the lines....I know its hard to believe but its 2.5 million subscribers. Not saying the game is the best of the best but they do have 2.5 mill no matter how you want to twist it.

• BigxBigx Member Posts: 148

There is marketing ploys to.  They can have 2.5 million subscribers that doesnt mean they have 2.5 million active playing.  If you create an account and then cancel it after any period of time they will count that as a subscriber.  If you leave and come back they count that as 2 not 1.  It is an awesome game at release.  I think there was wrong choices made on there part on implementing.   If you do the math say 100 servers and 2.5 million active accounts means 25,000 per server.  Doubt that is the case on the average.  All companies do this.  I can see alot of people leaveing after honor system and then come back to check out bg.  Those coming back are counted again.  It is like when you post on there forum about cenus imbalances.  They will say that there not accurate.  They know the true numbers.  Do they post them?  No.  It is not in the best intrest of them to post there actual numbers.  Ofcourse all companies will do things to hype there game and not market the bad.  That would be stupid.  We have to remember how many hard core changes was in wow since the short release.  That would make them leave and come back.  Just my 2 cents image