Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NYC Power Outage - Part II

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Well, it appears our 1.5 hours of electricity were but just a teaser.  At 12:15AM EST we lost power once again at our NY hosting center.

3:16AM EST and we are online again.  I aplogize for the massive outages today - hopefully this will be the last of them.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• UifzUifz Member Posts: 252

Oh my god, went out at 4:00Pm Est. Just came back 5:05 Am Est.

Very Strange I was on the site while this outage went out, I was sleeping then I heard my computer go on made some weird noises, I hope it is okay.

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

woot! i kept power! :::^D:: hehe.

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

--------------------------------------

• nalanala Member Posts: 173

woot..i had power..was watching Fox News coverage of it all afternoon into the night..this was insane.

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

yea i was watching the news too.

it was so hilarious, we can't live without power, i mean everyone was out like it was ARMAGEDDON! lol the end was near....but not anymoreimage

i was wondering why i could get to the site, is ent an email to kt and djin, cuz i thought it was just me.... but now i knowimage

Email me at [email protected]
    ~~The Journey of a Thousand Miles, Begins With One Step~~

• NeomanNeoman Member Posts: 8

I live in Pa, where the power outtage for some reason or another make a complete circle around (but not in) the state. Lucky me!

Originally posted by MurtBijani

yea i was watching the news too.
    it was so hilarious, we can't live without power, i mean everyone was out like it was ARMAGEDDON! lol the end was near....but not anymoreimage

i was wondering why i could get to the site, is ent an email to kt and djin, cuz i thought it was just me.... but now i knowimage

It's true! I was thinking about that several nights before the outage and after experience half a day without no electricity it is amazing how so much of this world revolves around electricity. Food, Drinks, Lights, Starting up thing electronically (except Battery enabled) Everything we used is electricity it is amazing. Even sleeping for me I used electricity, I couldn't sleep this night without a fan on, it was way too hot.

haHA your power went out? lmao!

lol im  down here safe in Floridaimage

i can't live a day wihtout powerimage

And safe in school :>)

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

hey... woodnt ppl in hospitals that re plugged into the wall die or something? and i heard the outage rolled across the east coast in just 9 seconds. thats fast. and it did kinda seem to make a circle around pa didnt it? family in erie didnt lose power, family in philly didnt lose power, and in the middle we didnt lose power.

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

--------------------------------------

lol....but it WAS like armageddon, eveyone was running around, " AHH THE POWER IS GONE...WER'E ALL GONNA DIE!" im surprised there were no riotsimage

• KodogKodog Member Posts: 36

Some of you act as if the power has never gone out... Where i live in new york, something happened because it was sooo cold, and our power wasnt back on for 3 days... it was extremely boring.

power out for THREE day in NEW YORK!?!?!?!? how long ago?