Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DEUS EX HR-Where were those cutscenes?

ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

I finished my first playthrough of DXHR and i'm still seeing the commercials for it, and it dawned on me that the whole commercial of cutscenes are not in the game at any point? those are what drew me to the game, but i dont recall seeing a single one of them anywhere... i mean ive seen his glitter-landings and punching through walls and stuff, but where's that 'i'm so f**king badass grin' that we see at the end of the commercial? seems like false advertising to me abit. either way, loved the game, and the 'vibe' i got from the commercial fit the bill, was just curious about those scenes.

here's the link to the one i'm talking about.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

Comments

• KillyoxKillyox Member CommonPosts: 424

Maybe because you got pirate version of the game?:P

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Originally posted by wojtekpl

Maybe because you got pirate version of the game?:P

Trust me, i was gunna get the pirate version ((oh no!!!!)) but the torrent didnt come out before my anticipation took over and i impulse bought it on steam. DAMN them for making it so easy and quick to buy!

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Not sure if you're aware, but over 60 hours of game were cut out before release.

http://www.trueachievements.com/n4768/deus-ex-human-revolution-needed-cuts.htm

I imagine they'll be selling a whole lot of DLC...

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

wow thats a lot of game time to cut lol.. 100+ hours.. would be nice if they had a bit exp pack for it.. please not DLC unless its free.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Originally posted by eyeswideopen

Not sure if you're aware, but over 60 hours of game were cut out before release.

http://www.trueachievements.com/n4768/deus-ex-human-revolution-needed-cuts.htm

I imagine they'll be selling a whole lot of DLC...

Actually no, i didnt know that! I was sucked in with the t.v. commercial, my mind assosciated deus ex with the Ghost in the Shell anime that i loved and that was a wrap as far as whether i would play it or not. Didn't do any research on it, just saw the commercial and bought it lol. After playing it, i can confidently say i'd buy into DLC or X-packs, as long as it isnt just costumes and other fluff. more missions and maybe a big sidequest and i'd be sold.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• VryheidVryheid Member UncommonPosts: 469

There are augs that let you punch through walls and use the Icarus Landing System. Most of the other cutscenes come straight from the game. As for the grin, sorry, guess that got cut out. :-P