Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server Populations..OMG

2»

Comments

• BadmortaginBadmortagin Member Posts: 25

Originally posted by Wheezal
    Originally posted by Badmortagin Originally posted by JodokaiFirst, You'd have to tell us what server you're on.Second, I like Fad's smart ass coments, makes me think I'm rubbing off on him.Third, if you didn't make assinine comments no one would have to make smart ass coments to you.My comment was not directed to you. When you grow up you might learn that stupid comments like yours are not really needed.and when you grow up, you may find that having a sense of humor and being able to take a little ribbing now and then makes you seem like less of a jacka$$. everyone gets flamed around here for one thing or another eventually, but only the truly pathetic feel the need to respond the way you did.

I really didnt mean to come off that way, even though it seems it did. I am new here and really do not know what to expect.

EQ - Tergan - Retired
    EQ2 - Badmortagin - Retired
    SWG - Badmortagin - Retired
    AO - Badmortagin - Retired

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by Badmortagin
    I really didnt mean to come off that way, even though it seems it did. I am new here and really do not know what to expect.

If you would have thrown any solid arguement out about one of the thousands of things wrong with SWG and not tossed out empty servers at a time when servers are hitting all time highs I would have given you a good respectable discussion, or tried anyways. I will seriously take a peek at Bloodfin tonite though to see what your referring too.

You still didn't explain the retired note next to your toon name though if your currently playing. Anyhow, welcome to the forums Bad. ::::20::

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• WheezalWheezal Member UncommonPosts: 249

Originally posted by Fadeus

If you would have thrown any solid arguement out about one of the thousands of things wrong with SWG and not tossed out empty servers at a time when servers are hitting all time highs I would have given you a good respectable discussion, or tried anyways. I will seriously take a peek at Bloodfin tonite though to see what your referring too.

You still didn't explain the retired note next to your toon name though if your currently playing. Anyhow, welcome to the forums Bad. ::::20::

all things settled then... :)

and he did in his previous post, explain his retiring tag.  he just logs in to dump off his stuff before his account goes poof.

MMO Name: InVictus Kell
    Currently Playing:
    EVE Online

• azhrarnazhrarn Member Posts: 817

[quote]Originally posted by Badmortagin

Server Bloodfin.[/b][/quote]

Bloodfin was a gutted mess when I left it post CU. It may very well STILL be a gutted mess.

Originally posted by Wheezal
    Originally posted by Fadeus Originally posted by BadmortaginI really didnt mean to come off that way, even though it seems it did. I am new here and really do not know what to expect.If you would have thrown any solid arguement out about one of the thousands of things wrong with SWG and not tossed out empty servers at a time when servers are hitting all time highs I would have given you a good respectable discussion, or tried anyways. I will seriously take a peek at Bloodfin tonite though to see what your referring too.
    You still didn't explain the retired note next to your toon name though if your currently playing. Anyhow, welcome to the forums Bad.
    all things settled then... :)

and he did in his previous post, explain his retiring tag. he just logs in to dump off his stuff before his account goes poof.

I missed that post in the gaggle of emails for updates to the threads I think. Got it now!

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

Would this be a good time to discuss the Server Load Conspiracy?

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

I retired because of the CU. Not that I am a huge hater of the CU. I was a Master Armorsmith and I really didnt agree with changing all of my resources after I had been playing an Armorsmith since go live. I dont mind the having to make it the new way (IE. and extra component to the process.) or even that the resists as we knew it changed. On Bloodfin it was impossible to find people willing to gather hides. After the change we need different hides and they put it into additional steps in the process. I really just didnt want to try to rebuild my resources and try to deal with needing more hides. The price of my armor would have sky rocketed and because of this and my pool of customers would drop as only elite professions could use it along with trying to make so many different types. I felt as if I was starting from scratch.

EQ - Tergan - Retired

I retired because of the CU. Not that I am a huge hater of the CU. I was a Master Armorsmith and I really didnt agree with changing all of my resources after I had been playing an Armorsmith since go live. I dont mind the having to make it the new way (IE. and extra component to the process.) or even that the resists as we knew it changed. On Bloodfin it was impossible to find people willing to gather hides. After the change we need different hides and they put it into additional steps in the process. I really just didnt want to try to rebuild my resources and try to deal with needing more hides. The price of my armor would have sky rocketed and because of this and my pool of customers would drop as only elite professions could use it along with trying to make so many different types. I felt as if I was starting from scratch.

And everything you just said I can COMPLETELY respect. I did alot of hide gathering for my last guild cause I know what a pain in the ass it can be to get people to go do it. A good friend of mine that was an armorsmith (and still is) was pretty unhappy with what the CU did to him as well. I can understand, and armor is really expensive at the moment but it is coming down on Naritus. However I feel as an armor crafter a person has alot more options and variety then before. All you ever had to make was about 2 types of composite and everyone was happy. Now if you choose too you have a plethora of types and colors to keep up, too much soo with the resource demands actually which I wouldn't knock ya for having issues with as well either.

There are alot of professions I can sympathise for because the CU really changed their world in a way that didn't allow them to play the game how they liked playing it anymore. If ya do change your mind later on and decide to start over on a new server feel free to come to Naritus, myself and cygnia whom is a master scout can work out a few 100k hides in a few hours and would gladly give ya a hand with it.

- Scaris

• SaranthSaranth Member UncommonPosts: 269

Speaking of Populations, my friend was a master merchant in the early days and made a fortune. People came to his shop, yada yada yada. He told me that he came back in the game about a year ago and set up shop, but couldnt sell anything. The ONLY thing he was selling was fiberplast panels people used for making armor. How is it now? Are shops still in people houses or is everything sold on the bazaar?
    Is merchant still a viable profession?

I am asking this for his benefit. He's thinking on coming back too, but is wondering if he should even bother with being a merchant.

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Originally posted by Saranth
    Speaking of Populations, my friend was a master merchant in the early days and made a fortune. People came to his shop, yada yada yada. He told me that he came back in the game about a year ago and set up shop, but couldnt sell anything. The ONLY thing he was selling was fiberplast panels people used for making armor. How is it now? Are shops still in people houses or is everything sold on the bazaar?
    Is merchant still a viable profession?I am asking this for his benefit. He's thinking on coming back too, but is wondering if he should even bother with being a merchant.

Now it's even better for merchants, really. The key is finding things that are in demand to make and sell.

What makes it even better now is that you can vendor search the entire galaxy without having to hop from planet to planet.... you can go to any bazaar terminal and do a galaxy wide vendor search to find what you want at the price you want (or near it anyway). Then just travel to the planet (the bazaar will generate a waypoint for you) and go to the vendor to buy the item. It's much nicer now and has even brought some of the more astronomical prices down due to competition.

Now:
    It is harder to GET those resources for someone who is a PURE crafter type but it's not impossible. Erillion has made several posts in this forum about how his crafter does as have other folks.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

Originally posted by Saranth
    Is merchant still a viable profession?I am asking this for his benefit. He's thinking on coming back too, but is wondering if he should even bother with being a merchant.

The merchant changes made overtime have greatly improved the profession. With Planet map change and the change to make merchant vendors searchable finding new customers is very easy. I think my vendor sales Pre-CU was 10 to 1 over the Bazaar with these changes.

EQ - Tergan - Retired

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

Originally posted by tehnoob

I logged on at around 11:30pm saturday night, and there were 3 light populated servers, 3 medium, and the rest were heavy, moderately heavy, or extrtemely heavy.  Anyone else noticed this?

I think they DID change the display values.

In the past I only ever saw OFFLINE, LIGHT, MEDIUM, HEAVY and CLOSED (=too many players on server).

Now they seem to use a finer grading :

OFFLINE, VERY LIGHT, LIGHT, MEDIUM, HEAVY, MODERATELY HEAVY, EXTREMELY HEAVY.

The old LIGHT setting is now IMHO somewhere from very light to medium, the old MEDIUM setting is somewhere between medium and heavy, the old HEAVY setting is equivalent to heavy and moderately heavy .... and I doubt servers in the last year reached extremely heavy loads previous to Rage of the Wookiees and Episode III.

I do not believe that SOE does falsify the server load. Thats the argument of people that find their statements of "SWG is dying" invalided by the MASS of new players flooding the game.

Have fun

Erillion

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

I find it funny that people think the server load is false rather then realise people are spread all over the place.

Here is my story.I decided to add SWG-total experience to my all access.As my old username was difference and the account had not much left on it went with a fresh copy copy and username to match my other all access accounts(PS,EQ1 and 2).

So i surf around and one of the biggest online retailers  here-play.com was sold out.

Checked local shops same deal and most online retailers.

So decided to phone a friend who works for a small online retailer and he told me they had 25 copies leftso i said i order one that evening.

Getting home he phones and said he has my copy on hand because it was selling out by afternoon so he had to buy it on my behalf.