Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which ending did you chose for Deus Ex-Human Revolution? (END SPOILERS!!!!)

ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

WARNING!!

DEUS EX HUMAN REVOLUTION IS A SUPER COOL GAME!

DON'T SPOIL YOURSELF HERE!!!!

ENDGAME SPOILERS NOW...

Ok, first off, I must say Deus Ex Human Revolution was one of the best games I have played in a long time. It felt like a distant echo of games of old, like Origin's System Shock, and it's followers. The new Deus Ex looks cool and plays in an interesting future scenario. Since the protagonist dies relatively quickly, it is more like "Thief". Also it is refreshingly large, having at least 50 hours, when you really do everything and seek every corner. I was surprised how many places the game has. Now in the end, of the three choices, I decided to follow Hugh Darrow suggestion to reveal the entire truth and thus turn humanity against Augmentations. It was an easy and clear choice for me, since I felt against Augmentations from early off. My fear was, that over time on this path, humanity would evolve into a Borg like species and lose it's humanity altogether. The only way to avoid that was to ban Augs altogether and make it a taboo. Humanity should know the truth. Even other choice would in the long run bear the risk humans evolve into Cyborgs, which is a spooky and terrible idea. Sarif was just a greedy man who cared nothing about humans, despite his act of playing nice guy. Too willing to sacrifice humans for his riches and his mad idea of human cyborgs! That man gave me the creeps.

Overall it was a cool story, and interesting with the many angles, no clear and simple good VS evil but many shades of grey. The boss fights were a bit difficult and the hacking sometimes tedious, but overall one of the best games I have played the last years.

Let me know your ending. ^^

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Comments

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

I cheated abit i guess, i quick saved it in the choice room and did all 4 endings lol. loved the game, have been having a big problem with games not lasting as long as they used to, this was a very nice 60+ hours for me, now doing my second play through, first was the run and gun and now im doing it more stealth and hacking and slipping past guards unoticed for the Ghost rewards, its an awesome game. i like FPS games, but never can stay on them for long, as my preferences are fantasy, and this game takes care of both sides of me, LOVE IT awesome game!image

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

All of them, because it was easy to do so? Endgame boss was a joke, I had electric augment so the floor couldn't hurt me, Darrow gave me the code to the central artillery pillar, and one typhoon took out both robots. Once the glass broke I shot the heffer with a rocket launcher and that was the end. It was so ridiculously anti-climactic, I had NO desire to do it again. I quick-saved before picking any choices and just reloaded to see all of the options.

BTW, the choice where I blow up Panchaea and kill everyone, including myself, was my favorite. The imagery and the narration in that one was the most poetic and fulfilling IMO, even though supposedly the regulation ending was the canon one.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Yeah i went combat oriented first playthrough and the last boss wasn't very hard, for awhile i was confused with what to do with the buttons that drop the upside down jesus pose chicks, after going "hmmmm...." for some time i just whipped out a rifle and shot the shit outta them, which actually worked....to which i was back to going "hmmm....."

Edit: I found the second boss the most daunting as i didnt have the dermal upgrade for electrical protection, so i ran through the level trying to get the one point i needed to get it, to my joy i found a drawer i think somewhere in that area that had a praxis kit in it! it was a breeze after that.

Third boss was easy for me, i got behind a statue thing on the left side of the room and he cloaked and hid in plain sight on the far side of the room, like i couldnt see the endless spam of plasma bolts he launched at me or something. might have just glitched for me though, dunno, havent gotten back to him yet on this playthrough

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Good riddance, for me the boss fights were VERY difficult, because I used a stealth approach, I had no typhon, no rocked launcher just sniper and a hand gun. I had tried to defeat as many enemies alife as possible, so I had stun weapons mostly, and all that made all the bossfights almost impossible to do. >.<

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert