Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would anyone do me a huge favor?

GoolickGoolick Member Posts: 9
I'm very interested in playing GW but there is a problem. I'm not sure if my video card will do a good enough job. I don't have the money to buy a new one so if this one doesn't work I am screwed. That being said, I'd like to try and play the game to see how it goes. I don't want to go out and spend $50 on something that may not work. So, if anyone out there is kind and trusting enough to give me their account so I could make 1 character just to try it out that would be mighty fine. Please don't respond with "scammer!" and "earn money and just buy it!" If anyone will consider it please email me at [email protected] or IM me on aim s/n goolick1. Thanks

Comments

• Roofie02Roofie02 Member Posts: 7

Why don't you just tell us what your video card is and I'm sure someone will tell you if it is good enough or not. No need to borrow someone's account.

• GoolickGoolick Member Posts: 9

My video card is... I believe.... Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller

(64 MB)

Im afraid Intel integrated graphics would not be supported. You're probably going to have to buy a video card.

• KartelKartel Member Posts: 241

I sounds to me like it should be alright. Nothing wrong with 64MB video. These are the official requirements:

Minimum System Specs:

* Windows® XP/2000/ME/98
    * Intel Pentium® III 800 Mhz or equivalent
    * 256 MB RAM
    * CD-ROM Drive
    * 2 GB Available HDD Space
    * ATI Radeon 8500 or GeForce 3 or 4 MX Series Video Card with 32MB of VRAM
    * 16-bit Sound Card
    * Internet connection
    * Keyboard and mouse

Recommended System Specs:

* Windows® XP/2000/ME/98
    * Intel Pentium® III 1GHz or equivalent
    * 512 MB RAM
    * CD-ROM Drive
    * 2 GB Available HDD Space
    * ATI Radeon 9000 or GeForce 4 Ti Series Video Card with 64MB of VRAM
    * 16-bit Sound Card
    * Internet connection
    * Keyboard and mouse

Video doesn't have to be from ATI or NV to get the job done, nor does a cpu have to be Intel. If it works, it works. Brand name means next to nothing unless a company makes a program to specifically discriminate. All that matters is that technical requirements are met. GW only "requires" 32MB video, though I'd always advise higher than minimum req for any game. Integrated/shared video ram is definitely not a plus, but it doesn't mean it will suck either. GW is very flexible about what it will run on, and it does a good job of working with what it has available.

No, I won't give you my account though, and nobody else should either.

I stand corrected, Can you post the rest of your computer specs here?

http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/showthread.php?p=36906#post36906 There is a good thread about the intel integrated graphics

• mattadams007mattadams007 Member Posts: 70

I think I can prolly answer this question goodlick, I have one of thoese Intel integrated video cards a 82845 GV the same as yours of the but I did upgrade my video card just so I could play this game, you see You will be able to boot up and log on the  game even run some missions how ever when you try to access the vendors the game will boot you out of the game, don't know what kinda error this is but that is the problem you WILL come across.  As for the upgrade card I bought I bought a GeForce MX4000 PCI for $36.00 plus $2.00 for shipping through  www.newegg.com I highly recommend them got my new card in just 2 days, besides you'll prolly need to up grade anyway for any next generation games.  I hope this helps you and anyone eles that might need some tech. help, also the Intel integrated will also not support EVE online so upgrade ASAP also and RAM if you can.

P.S. New Drives will not help either sorry to say

Intel integrated cards are good, but PCI, and AGP cards are better Food for thought. 

• GW-GamerGW-Gamer Member Posts: 30

64 MB intel it would work i have a lap top and its 64 MB and it runs fine dude jsut got dsl it will run smooth, unless your internet starts lagging... So go buy the game and dont go around asking for accounts no one will do it :P

• KartelKartel Member Posts: 241

Originally posted by mattadams007
    I think I can prolly answer this question goodlick, I have one of thoese Intel integrated video cards a 82845 GV the same as yours of the but I did upgrade my video card just so I could play this game, you see You will be able to boot up and log on the game even run some missions how ever when you try to access the vendors the game will boot you out of the game, don't know what kinda error this is but that is the problem you WILL come across. As for the upgrade card I bought I bought a GeForce MX4000 PCI for $36.00 plus $2.00 for shipping through www.newegg.com I highly recommend them got my new card in just 2 days, besides you'll prolly need to up grade anyway for any next generation games. I hope this helps you and anyone eles that might need some tech. help, also the Intel integrated will also not support EVE online so upgrade ASAP also and RAM if you can.
    Intel integrated cards are good, but PCI, and AGP cards are better Food for thought.

What error, specifically, was that? Is there any documention that says it was the intel video? And what the would vedors have to do with video capabilities? Sounds more like game bug that has probably since been patched. Aside from the technology simply not supporting some of the more advanced graphical features, there's no reason for it to not work. Of course, in GW, you can tone down the graphics or crank them up as needed. I could see where more "limited" video tech would have problems with the AA or post-processing/bloom effects, but these can be scaled down or turned off. If you're going with just the basic graphics, it really doesn't ask for much in terms of req.

I do agree he should upgrade if he can, but he's not looking to spend extra money needlessly, and I don't really see the need unless he "needs" to run the game on higher resolution or graphics settings.

Okay... I downloaded the client to check it out. When I opened it up I got an error saying my video card is not supported! However, it gave yes/no boxes and I clicked yes. GW opened up to the login screen and looks fine. All the background graphics look normal (I'm guessing, because they could be completely wrong - w/e it looks fine). Does this mean that I will be able to run the game w/ only some minor graphic issues or that it will be unplayable?

• zeboathzeboath Member Posts: 396

Alright then.

I have a Intel Extreme 82852/82855 myself, and I did a little research on the net. I found out, that if I used the 14.9, then it should run fine. And it did. If I tried newer the game would crash when I tried to enter my inventory!
    Th

I know we use the same driver, and almost sure that our graphic cards has the same features (none ::::35::) so I'm pretty sure it will run.

I don't think people would rent their account out. Even though you're probably a fine guy and would return, you just can't be sure.

Well here's a link where you can download the correct driver

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=N&ProductID=865&DwnldID=8008&strOSs=44&OSFullName=Windows* XP Professional&lang=eng

I'll try do some research on the net to see if people with the same graphics card can run it.

--------------------------------------------

Originally posted by zeboath

Alright then.
    I have a Intel Extreme 82852/82855 myself, and I did a little research on the net. I found out, that if I used the 14.9, then it should run fine. And it did. If I tried newer the game would crash when I tried to enter my inventory!
    Th
    I know we use the same driver, and almost sure that our graphic cards has the same features (none ::::35::) so I'm pretty sure it will run.

I downloaded the driver from the website and my specs are now: Video Card = Intel(R)82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller (64 MB)  and my driver is 6.14.10.3943. Will GW work?

• mattadams007mattadams007 Member Posts: 70

Originally posted by Kartel

Originally posted by mattadams007
    I think I can prolly answer this question goodlick, I have one of thoese Intel integrated video cards a 82845 GV the same as yours of the but I did upgrade my video card just so I could play this game, you see You will be able to boot up and log on the game even run some missions how ever when you try to access the vendors the game will boot you out of the game, don't know what kinda error this is but that is the problem you WILL come across. As for the upgrade card I bought I bought a GeForce MX4000 PCI for $36.00 plus $2.00 for shipping through www.newegg.com I highly recommend them got my new card in just 2 days, besides you'll prolly need to up grade anyway for any next generation games. I hope this helps you and anyone eles that might need some tech. help, also the Intel integrated will also not support EVE online so upgrade ASAP also and RAM if you can.

What error, specifically, was that? Is there any documention that says it was the intel video? And what the would vedors have to do with video capabilities? Sounds more like game bug that has probably since been patched. Aside from the technology simply not supporting some of the more advanced graphical features, there's no reason for it to not work. Of course, in GW, you can tone down the graphics or crank them up as needed. I could see where more "limited" video tech would have problems with the AA or post-processing/bloom effects, but these can be scaled down or turned off. If you're going with just the basic graphics, it really doesn't ask for much in terms of req.

I do agree he should upgrade if he can, but he's not looking to spend extra money needlessly, and I don't really see the need unless he "needs" to run the game on higher resolution or graphics settings.

Yes, it does seem that way, as for the req. turning down the graphics it did not seem to work for me on the options screen, as for the error I did not get a  particular cause, Like I said I could log on and play with Lagg, but a soon as I tried to use a Vendor i.e. buy armor/weapons or sell Iteams the screen went blank and I just got kicked off the server every time.  As like you I do hope the there is a patch or a fix that GW came up with considering that the Intel Intergrated card IS very common, it would only make sense, I did not want buy a new card also but it seemed at the time the only option.  As of late it does seem that i keep comeing across more and more Games that are not supported like in some ways GW, EVE Online, and DOOM3. I guess in the end that in Beta/Alpha the the Game vendors have already decieded which Cards are best or at least which cards the want you to use, Hence Minimal System requirments.  I do hope he will not come across any problems, and hope that a fix or a patch that GW has implemented will help.
    EDIT: Found a older Driver threw Intel.com in the driver section that might work Here it is 6.14.10.3943 hope it helps.

• emdtemdt Member Posts: 325

I have intel grapics (prob the worst one out there)

just update the driver and u should be fine

put the grapics on the worse, but fastest so theres no lagg

---------------------------------------------
    *characters*
    Guild Wars
    -Danish Kokor-lvl 20 monk/mesmer
    -Ettarde Aoi- lvl 7 warrior/ranher
    Maple Story
    -Danish-lvl30 Hunter
    -kokore-lvl8 Mage
    Runescape
    -Lady Ettarde-lvl 58

Okay I downloaded the new driver and I'm gonna buy GW. Thanks for the replies and help everybody.

PS keep your fingers crossed

Do NOT download the newest driver. Only makes everything worse. The newest driver changed my Refresh rate all the time, and when I pressed Inventory in GW the game crashed.

The driver version you showed me was the correct one. Since our cards are pretty much the same(my card is like the laptop version of yours) I think game will run.

I've seen people complain about crashes in the BWE with that graphics card, but I'm not sure if they used the correct driver. This means that you can at least enter the game and play. This means that it's easier to correct errors, than if you can't access the game. (If you can't access the game, then it's probably because the game requires features you don't have)

If the game crashes, don't hesitate to post on this board.

Do NOT download the newest driver.

A little late, didn't you read my post?
    Oh yeah. What I also meant to say, it that you can just download the old one, following the link I wrote before. There is no problem in rolling back by just installing the older one. Trust me. I've done it tones of times!

Oh yeah. What I also meant to say, it that you can just download the old one, following the link I wrote before. There is no problem in rolling back by just installing the older one. Trust me. I've done it tones of times!

My fault, I think you misunderstood me. I didn't mean "I downloaded the new driver" as in new in terms of history, I meant in terms of my computer. The one I downloaded was the one from your link, which is the same as I have heard from others, so we're all square. I hope GW works.