Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Ascended - 1, Irene - 0

2»

Comments

• FaynthFaynth Member Posts: 237

Originally posted by tryklon

Originally posted by Lasterba

{mod edit}

Honestly this post doesnt even deserve a response but ok, ill humour you since you are so cool and special and I want to be so much like you... One thing I can tell you, I just work 40 hours a week, it's the usual here in Europe you know? And we have free healthcare and education, how cool is that!

Ouch, but well aimed, sir. (back to topic?)

Nice move, i still think that Trion cannot safe the world but their actions are decent.

Now they need to learn NOT TO tweak their balances with a sledgehammer and we will get there...

• Just-The-FactsJust-The-Facts Member UncommonPosts: 35

lol

12 year Marine Corps Vet

Bachelors from Embry Riddle in Aeronautical Engineering

Currently working full time as an engineer and working (slowly) on my Master's

Plenty of money

Great friends

Loving girlfriend

Yes. My life is terrible and unfulfilled.

4 time olympic gold medal winner

2 terms as president of the US

inventor of the "Clapper" and "Sham-Wow"

Charlie Sheen's acting coach

Tons and Tons of moola

Whole towns weep and bow as I pass by

8 loving and drop-dead gorgeous concubines

you posted it on a forum so it must be true....I only know what I read and judging by your overall "attitude" I see no signs of a "happy life"...jaded and bitter is what I see and what most others responding to this post apparently do as well. The fact that you came on a post pertaining to Trion's generosity just to bash their successful MMO means you missed the point entirely. You and you alone have been the only negative voice on this post so far, that alone speaks volumes. If you truly don't enjoy the game then why come bash it. Wasn't unsubscribing enough for you? Or does your "completely fulfilled life" drive you to be vindictive? Either way your rants won't do a thing to scratch Trion's stellar performance as a game company. They are an active, friendly, helpful, giving, hard working, and positive game company with an extremely polished and entertaining game. For some of us that is what is truly important in an MMO

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

When in Rome. They do as he does....

Both sides of his pillow are cool.....

Loving Rift and Trion by the way.

• buegurbuegur Member UncommonPosts: 457

Loving Rift so far myself although haven't reach the end lvl with any character yet.  I'm having too much fun trying out all the different combinations to concentrate on one to the lvl cap lol!  I played EQ when it first started and know the hard core play.  Hours and hours spent on raids in hope of leet loot, honestly burned me out.  When DAoC and Star Wars Galaxy came out, that ruined me from anything remotely like the horrible time sink EQ was.  I certainly won't play a game like that ever again, and will echo the others here I play to relax and don't have 8 hours a day available to raid anymore.  Wish all luck on who want that type of game, but count me out.  I will promise not to come to your forums and complain that the game stinks because it doesn't cater to my desires though!

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

It's a well done game, I mean everything looks nice and runs well. And yet... I just can't get into it somehow. I'm not drawn in. Just don't feel any great desire to start it up. The "big thing" the rifts frankly bore me.

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

Originally posted by kbkid73

lol

12 year Marine Corps Vet

Bachelors from Embry Riddle in Aeronautical Engineering

Currently working full time as an engineer and working (slowly) on my Master's

Plenty of money

Great friends

Loving girlfriend

Yes. My life is terrible and unfulfilled.

4 time olympic gold medal winner

2 terms as president of the US

inventor of the "Clapper" and "Sham-Wow"

Charlie Sheen's acting coach

Tons and Tons of moola

Whole towns weep and bow as I pass by

8 loving and drop-dead gorgeous concubines

you posted it on a forum so it must be true....I only know what I read and judging by your overall "attitude" I see no signs of a "happy life"...jaded and bitter is what I see and what most others responding to this post apparently do as well. The fact that you came on a post pertaining to Trion's generosity just to bash their successful MMO means you missed the point entirely. You and you alone have been the only negative voice on this post so far, that alone speaks volumes. If you truly don't enjoy the game then why come bash it. Wasn't unsubscribing enough for you? Or does your "completely fulfilled life" drive you to be vindictive? Either way your rants won't do a thing to scratch Trion's stellar performance as a game company. They are an active, friendly, helpful, giving, hard working, and positive game company with an extremely polished and entertaining game. For some of us that is what is truly important in an MMO

Don't forget as someone else said un-relattedly.

When in Rome. They do as he does....

Both sides of his pillow are cool.....

He -IS- The most interesting man in the world.....

• TalthanysTalthanys Member Posts: 458

Wasn't this thread about Trion extending their special play another week so people who got hit with the hurricane didn't miss out on the fun?

I don't play Rift, but when I do...it's WAR.

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

Well done Trion.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Originally posted by nickster29

{mod edit}

{mod edit} As for the effort/reward ratio in Rift... I imagine you wouldn't be saying that it doesn't require knowledge, effort, perseverance, and teamwork in the event you took a step into the new Hammerknell raid.  That is exactly what Hammerknell requires, and not even the hardcore raiding guilds have yet to clear it.

There are challenges in Rift, you just need to actually play the game to understand that.  {mod edit}

There is a reason the hardcore raiding guilds have yet to clear it....

A Letter from Ernizzle of <Maximation>

Hello rift players, my name is Ernizzle and I am the Main Tank of <Maximation> and for those of you who don't know us we are one of the leading PvE guilds in rift. I would like to take some time to talk about the current state of raiding in Rift. In short it is an absolute train wreck and Trion should post an apology to all the players who they have abused in the course of making their “content.” Ask any guild who is competing for world firsts and they will tell you how bugged all of the Hammerknell content was/is, even after the extra 6 weeks they took from the original 1.3 patch release. As of the release of Hammerknell, not a SINGLE boss was bug free and about half of the bosses have gone through major changes in order to get them to work properly. I am not talking about small bugs, but encounter breaking glitches and coding errors. This is sloppy, unprofessional, and displays a lack of pride in the work done by the Rift dungeon team. Let me elaborate some of these encounter breaking glitches: 

-Murdantix would not cast his Tar ability (one of only 2 mechanics) and still isn't completely fixed, which is ironic because this exact bug was noted in alpha over a month before Hammerknell was live, and after the first patch the entire zone would bug out and reset if “too many attacks hit Murdantix at the same time, which will cause a reset”

-Zilas would not reset and continue to cast his AoE during the beam (even out of combat) which made more then one attempt impossible, and if anyone fell off the edge he would despawn, a patch later the beam would not move at all

-Matron's Mark of Oblivion could be cleansed, and the stacking buffs were not affecting her damage

-King Molinar would two shot the raid with Cursed Blows, along with Cursed Flames double ticking on the ground, and later on after a patch Cursed Blows could be purged doing no raid damage

-Grugonim was mathematically impossible to kill with uptime vs enrage timer, bile and decay both were bugged and would cast sporadically in addition to at 10% his parasite swarm would not stop casting which would slowly kill the raid while he sat there immune. Also he could be kited by a marksman rogue and would not use any abilities, and if he went under at 50% during the 3rd necrotic breath he would come up and continue the fight during the foci phase

-Estrode's nature's splendor and chastise could be dispelled by VK and about half the abilities were/are not tuned (spiritual conflagration much?)

-Sicaron's breath was inconsistent and after a patch the dispel mechanic would sometimes bug out and be completely removed

Let me explain one more little bug that no one knew about on Inquistor Garau. We were the first guild to make it to him on live, and we found so many bugs it would make an exterminator cry. Did you know that you could LoS him and he would not do anything, the porters would not despawn and afk LIKE A BOSS, small adds would follow healers around and not do anything, when porters were killed the buff could hit the boss without Garau casting Obliteration Beam on the person running the buff, his enrage never did anything, and that you could fall through corners of the room? Don't believe me? Here is proof http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=fm0vmd&s=7 . That's right 11 people, boss enraged, and got him to 34%. That's ok though because we were the only guild being cockblocked and they were going to fix it right? Patch notes next day: * Inquisitor Garau: Fixed an issue that could cause Garau to no longer cast abilities on his main target. I am glad that Trion did the right thing by documenting all of the changes and not ninja fixing him without letting everyone know. 

So after a month of alpha testing and a month of live beta testing, they finally got the bugs fixed. Well that's what we thought at least, until we did the next boss. If you wanna know how bugged Inwar Darktide is then message <Special Olympics>. The cherry on top being that during the alpha test of Inwar these bugs were noted and apparently once again never fixed. That in combination with the double gating of hit/focus/toughness and water resist, not a single boss was so hard that players couldn't beat it as the dungeon team would like us to think, but rather it was so bugged that it couldn't be killed. If you wanted to gate progression then you should have said so, instead of pretending it was overtuned. What is most frustrating is that Trion's dungeon team keeps making the same mistakes. Who here knew on day 1 of the RoS release you could purge Alsbeth's immunity shield during her first flight phase and dps her down in air while she auto attacked the tank? Or what about the Herald bug where he flew up and just stood their and never did anything, or the bug where you could purge the idols for 2 months?

Let's not get started on the class changes due to PvP and the PvP gear trivializing the PvE gear progression for any non tank. All in order to keep the PvP players happy with an unsatisfying, repetitive, and monotonous grind to rank 8. Next level money making maneuver, ****in smart. Now to be fair some of the developers did try their hardest to make their fights work correctly, and you know who you are. However, I do have a message for you Zor since you are the dungeon team lead, after you type your apology letter to the players of Rift you should go to your boss and thank him that he has not fired you yet. 

Finally to the other progression guilds in Rift striving to get world first, good luck and keep it up. I would like to apologize for the out of line and uncalled-for posts made by some of our members, they do not represent the rest of our guild in any sense. As of about a week ago we have had a large number of our best raiders quit beta testing Hammerknell and I think at this point is only fair to inform you that Maximation is done beta testing Rift and we will no longer be raiding. We have replaced over 70% of our roster since the Hammerknell release due to the bugs I have noted, and see no valid reason to keep going. Addiction, Special Olympics, Voodoo I don't know if you feel as cheated as we do, but as far as we are concerned this is not a fight to world firsts anymore, this is not the raid we were promised and it is not fair to any of us. Keep going guys and good luck, because when you see Akylios 1.0 you are going to need it. 

So rift community do any of you feel the same? I would like to know what you think.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

Yes, Trion is a great company. They listen to their customers and always do their best to ensure satisfaction.

It's just too bad Rift is a shallow, one dimensional, press 1,2,3 to victory, Online game. I take out the massively multiplayer part because if there was only one player on a server he would hardly notice he was alone.

Does not look to me, except with some builds .... I'm using mouse with 9 programmable keys, keyboard ... all full of usefull stuff. So far leveled 2 to max, 2 at half road. Despite Wow+Rift is all I need for my gaming needs :-) I'm at the moment enjoying CO. Really wish Trion would program that and many others too. With Trion and Rift eternal excuse with other companies "all are buggy, have problems" is gone. Obviously with good staff is possible to release polished and complete game. Sure, improvements and adjustments are always possible, MMO's are kinda living organism .... but what did Funcom, Mythic, ... to their creations is close to crime.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

Me i love rift and trion but i got 2 issue with them.first i dont wan11t brainless feature of wow.like wow macro you can get from curse for exemple.2:i want world rift pvp.it is after all why we all play rift gees.cost of this game is fair to play.true trion didnt try to rinvent but who cares lol. Most wont see or ear the diff but if you activate game sound you will get the mood of the game. Just make sure the weather effect etc sound is maxed.cause it is very subtle but in it give the game its feel.some might feel it is borimg at time like when you are in a desert you will literaly feel like you re in a desert.ya trion went for realism of feeling sometime you ear stuff but on average it is because something is about to happen or happened.but like i say no world rift pvp means this game lost its main feature amd became a copy and paste of the k and ks of game out there that are garering dust on average joe shelves.i sure hope trion doesnt wait too long to bring world rift pvp back cause copying and pasting wow pvp just wont cut it for most.
    ps:sorry it is harder to post with smartphone

• Fir3lineFir3line Member Posts: 767

Originally posted by drbaltazar

Me i love rift and triom but i got 2issue with them.first i dont wamt brainless feature of wow.like wow macro you can get from curse for exemple.2:i wamt world rift pvp.it is after all why we all play rift gees.cost of this game is fair to play.true trion didnt try to rinvent but who cares lol. Most wont see or ear the diff but if you activate game sound you will get the mood of the game. Just make sure the weather effect etc soumd is maxed.cause it is very subtle but in it give the game its feel.some might feel it is borimg at time like when you are in a desert you will literaly feel like you re in a desert.ya trion went for realism of feeling sometime you ear stuff but on average it is because something is about to happen or happened.but like i say no world rift pvp means this game lost its main feature amd became a copy and paste of tje k and ks of game out there that are garering dust on aaverage joe shelves.i sure hope troon doesnt wait too long to bring wolrd rift pvp back cause copying and pasting wow pvp just wont cut it for most

I usually don't complain about this kind of stuff, but that post is literally unreadable.

"I am not a robot. I am a unicorn."

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

Looks like its only the NA players getting the extra free week . BOOOOOO . lol