Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking of trying this out. Can I get some intel?

lightingbirdlightingbird Member Posts: 103

I'm bored waiting on SWTOR and I recenetly saw a video of this game and it looked fun.  I like the idea of a ongoing FPS war simliar to WW2 online and I'm thinking this might be fun.  So can anyone let me know if its worth it?

I think I can try the game out for free and I'm mainly wondering if its hard to learn, if there is a population, and if I should waste my time or not.  Currently the only FPS game I play is (ha don't laugh) Battlefield Heros. 

Comments

• SchurfluffleSchurfluffle Member Posts: 7

Planetside is a total blast, and easily one of the best mmos ever produced. I have been playing for a few months. Much like you I was looking for a filler game. Now I can hardly wait until Planetside 2 launches. It is definitely worth a try, with the only negative being it is a bit dated.

• lightingbirdlightingbird Member Posts: 103

Originally posted by Schurfluffle

Planetside is a total blast, and easily one of the best mmos ever produced. I have been playing for a few months. Much like you I was looking for a filler game. Now I can hardly wait until Planetside 2 launches. It is definitely worth a try, with the only negative being it is a bit dated.

Thanks for that.

Any idea when the second one will be released?

• SchurfluffleSchurfluffle Member Posts: 7

I thought next year for Planetside 2, but I usually wait and see since most developers are chronically optimistic.

Regardless, Planetside "1" has recently had a good population (not sure on the past few weeks) and is a good experience. Pick one side and just play it for a while. It is easy to play but hard to master. I normally do not play FPS by the way, but I really like this one.

• RedKnightsRedKnights Member Posts: 8

Also a nice incentive for subbing is that whenever the Beta for PS2 is released PS1 subs will get first dibs on those slots.