Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

pre-ordering and beta?

if I pre-order this game can I get into beta?

Comments

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

no, it's random.

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

pre-ordering only gets you early access to the game, the beta is disconnected to that.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Dont count on it.  I got the ce preorder and nothing about beta yet, but I keep seing folks who done no pre order already in.  The way I understand it there is suposed to be beta week ends, however I yet to see anything.  So much for ce getting you into beta.

• fraptorfraptor Member Posts: 2

No. i f you pre-order you can join in the 6 day  headstart. depending on when you register you key

• David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813

Originally posted by Winnslow

if I pre-order this game can I get into beta?

You have a chance at getting a beta invite but that is it, you will however get early access, when ever that is.

• joeri123joeri123 Member UncommonPosts: 247

The beta invites are bs :S

My friend signed up last month and got an invite a few days back. He didn't pre order.

I filled in everything on my account got a pre-order code and am registered since the launch of the website. Still no code for me. Q.Q

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

Originally posted by erictlewis

Dont count on it.  I got the ce preorder and nothing about beta yet, but I keep seing folks who done no pre order already in.  The way I understand it there is suposed to be beta week ends, however I yet to see anything.  So much for ce getting you into beta.

The CE never claimed to get you into beta, you clearly didnt read it. Early Access and BETA are not the same thing.

You can sign up for testing at swtor.com/tester - this covers weekend betas and general closed beta. There is NO open beta as yet and I don't think there will be one. Also if you are from the EU no one has been invited yet, some may get into general testing soon and beta weekends for the EU may or may not happen.

• jjjk29jjjk29 Member Posts: 295

I have been signed up for years under two accounts (lol).

Im not in but my friend is.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Just the way things go...

Ive been doing the lottery for years yet this really old couple did it once and won the jack pot.. thats life LOL

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

Pre-ordering gets you the ingame items and early access to the game.

Personally, It doesnt bothe rme if I dont get into beta at all as I dont want to spoil the story :)

***Raises plunger in salute to female Twi'lek Sith!***

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• Yeah, I've been signed up for beta since the beginning and pre ordered a CE and my girlfriend signs up like 3 weeks ago and doesn't pre order and got a full beta invite!

/NERDRAGE!

• Archangel326Archangel326 Member Posts: 43

Be sure to check spam box. I know some people who found an invite in spam mail.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

if they are smart they will send invites to people who haven't pre-ordered because that might just sway them into purchasing the game. why give beta to pre-orders, they know you'll be playing.