Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I suck at this game

CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Ive been playing against the beginner ai in this game and I totally suck at it :(  Annie always 2 shots me, ryze always stuns and kills me, the big demon thing never dies unless we 3 on 1 him...

What am I doing wrong ppl? T_T

Oh and Im almost always broke and underlevelled for some reason T_T

Help pweaseee

Update edit :

after getting ownd countless times, I was able to unlock the cutest little mage knight thingie who is supposed to keep using an ability to increase attack power.  USing the skill, I was finally able to get money and I totally pwnd in the beginner rooms!! Im off to try the intermediate ones and see how it goes ^_^ It was awesome I was like..3 shotting ppl n stuff wif mai spells ^_^

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
( o.o)
(")(")
**This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

Comments

• VahraneVahrane Member UncommonPosts: 376

Start out with a very defensive play style more focused on earning money from KB's on the swarms of weak mobs. Only go attempt to kill the bots when they are weak and try to earn the money to purchase your speed boots before the opponents as this will keep you alive and earning more money instead of getting constantly run down. 

• MeliezaMelieza Member Posts: 269

Add me on Lol (AngelNikki) and I'll do some bot games with you and try to give you some tips :)

One of the best things that will help you with the game is just knowledge of all the characters (which will come with time).  Once you know 'this char has a stun and burst so I have to watch out' or 'Ashe used her ult so I can jump on her now' you'll get better at knowing when to attack and when not to.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Originally posted by Vahrane

Start out with a very defensive play style more focused on earning money from KB's on the swarms of weak mobs. Only go attempt to kill the bots when they are weak and try to earn the money to purchase your speed boots before the opponents as this will keep you alive and earning more money instead of getting constantly run down. 

umm..KBs?

And okii meliii Ill add you when i play :)

( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

Start out playing defensively.  It's the best advice for any new player.  Focus on getting "last hits" (hitting the minions with autoattack only when they are low on health to score the kill) rather than attacking the bots.  Always stay a good distance behind your minions.  Ranged is much easier to play, and starting out with either an easy ranged caster (Annie or Ryze) or ranged carry (Ashe, Caitlyn, Sivir) is good for a new player.  Unless your character has cheap methods to kill creeps with abilities (manaless characters, Annie's Disintegrate, Irelia's Bladesurge) try to avoid using abilities to save mana as much as possible and stick to getting kills with the normal attack.  DO NOT use normal attack on high health creeps early game as this will needlessly push your lane forward giving your opponents the advantage of being closer to their tower and putting you in a very vunerable position for ganks.

The bots will overextend.  A real player will not, but the bots are fairly dumb.  Overextending is when you push too far in your lane, past a safe distance where you are vunerable to ganks and also past your creeps.  When the bots go past YOUR creeps, that's a good time to unload your skills on them.  It may also be a good idea to back off at that point to the safety of your tower if things look bad.  Keep in mind if the bots have ignite or exhaust as summoner abilities, as these will cripple your ability to take them down before they take you down.

I do not recommend getting boots as your first item.  Buy either a Doran's item or a cheap sustain item for your lane + health pots (mana crystal, meki's pendant, regrowth pendant).  The goal is to stay in your lane as long as possible and farm without going back to the fountain.  As a new player, you'll want to go back to the fountain whenever you are low on health, so practice staying in your lane and surviving as long as possible while trying to raise your creep kill counter as much as possible.  Don't worry about going for kills on the bots by ganking or anything like that, you'll get better at that over time.  For your second item, buying something cheap and defensive that builds into a better item later is a good bet, along with Tier 1 boots.  I usually buy the Tier 2 boots after I finish my first defensive item.  Item builds vary by game, but you'll get better at gauging this.

When you get your ultimate at level 6 that's generally a good time to try to kill the bots and push your lane forward.  Try to get the tower when.  when the first tower goes down or a successful gank has been made on bottom or top lanes this is generally when team fights begin.  At this point try to group up as much as possible and focus on scoring kills on the bots and pushing the lane as much as possible (use AoE abilities to clear creep waves).

If you are having trouble with casters at the end game buy a Banshee's Veil.  This item will be a strong counter to casters like Annie and Ryze as it will completely block a single spell as well as provide you with general magic resist and health to survive other spells as well.  Banshee's Veil is a good item on any champion that is having trouble with magic users (though a bit less useful on manaless champions as the mana bonus on the item gives them no advantage).

Keep in mind at all stages of the game you want to keep yourself in a somewhat defensive position unless you are a tank.  Wait for your team to initiate and take the brunt of the damage.  You'll learn when to be more agressive, but starting out stay back and only take shots at the enemy when you know you can get away with it.  Hide in the brush as much as possible, bots especially do not know how to handle this.

WoW o.o

Thank you magnum! Ill go look into that banshees veil thingie! Annie and Ryze aaaalways kill me in a second or 2 with their stun and idk what else they do -.-  Ill definitely try that ^_^

( o.o)
    (")(")

• MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780

I actually found bots to be smarter than people when i first started playing. Learn to last hit minions so you get your gold up. Here's a site with write ups on how to play most champions. http://www.solomid.net/guides.php

IVe been using Ashe to play but its near impossible to last hit enemies x.x theres always some other hero taking it all! And I hit so weak x.x Then Im left weak the whole gaamee T_T

I tried killing those random enemies around the map but they kill me x.x Back to the beginner one again x.x :(

( o.o)
    (")(")

• thebigchin11thebigchin11 Member Posts: 519

haha bunny, cannot help but you are welcome to a hug.

Chins

• NokkersNokkers Member UncommonPosts: 32

I would suggest reading some guides at places like http://www.mobafire.com/ or http://leaguecraft.com/ .  At least if you know what items to buy, you can concentrate on learning the basic mechanics of the game.  As the people above have stated, play defensively for awhile so you can observe how the bots play.  Just take your time, no one is there to rush you.

Originally posted by thebigchin11

haha bunny, cannot help but you are welcome to a hug.

xD -huuuuugg-

On topic -

I would take my time to learn the mechanics but when its spending the first 10 minutes getting pushed away and not earning money then spending the next 40 minutes getting totally owned, Id like to learn quicker T_T

Someone always go to the same area as me and last hits the people Im trying to kill :( I tried waiting to last hit stuff but people alwasy beat me to it >.<

I tried Morgana and the Master Yi guy and I had a lot more luck using those two! @_@ when I got my aoe attack on morgana, I just used it on the sorcerers in the back and Id earn enough money to get stuff and actually be able to kill some weak people like the healer lady when shes oom. 

Idk how I managed to do well with Master Yi but I was actually able to totally PWN ppl n stuff :O  Prolly cuz he hits so hard @_@

But the moment I go to intermediate, enemies always level faster, earn so much more money n stuff : (

Update edit :

after getting ownd countless times, I was able to unlock the cutest little mage knight thingie who is supposed to keep using an ability to increase attack power.  USing the skill, I was finally able to get money and I totally pwnd in the beginner rooms!! Im off to try the intermediate ones and see how it goes ^_^ It was awesome I was like..3 shotting ppl n stuff wif mai spells ^_^

( o.o)
    (")(")

• servedoggservedogg Member Posts: 105

Both Annie and Ryze have huge amounts of burst damage, meaning if they get close to you they have the potential to kill you quickly.  As Ashe, you wont be able to take all that damage.  You're better off slowly wearing them down with volleys from outside of their casting range.  Then once you get them to half hp, crystal arrow and engage.

If you feel like your not doing enough damage you might not be building the correct items.  Infinity Edge is probably the best offensive item for Ashe.  It increases your volley damage, autoattack damage, and because Ashe's passive increases crit chance it works well with that too.  If your having trouble keeping your HP high enough a bloodthirster might be a better item until you learn to avoid damage better.  Whatever you choose for Ashe, pick attack damage before getting attack speed.

Since it sounds like your having trouble against casters, it means you need more magic resist to survive longer.  Banshee's Veil is probably the best pick and possibly Merc Treads (boots) so you don't get stuck in the stuns and snares as long.

• SeinaruSeinaru Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 109

Originally posted by Nokkers

I would suggest reading some guides at places like http://www.mobafire.com/ or http://leaguecraft.com/ .  At least if you know what items to buy, you can concentrate on learning the basic mechanics of the game.  As the people above have stated, play defensively for awhile so you can observe how the bots play.  Just take your time, no one is there to rush you.

This. For someone that's never played a MOBA before there's an immense learning curve. I actually spent an entire day reading guides before starting the game.  While that's a bit drastic the guides taught me how to play the game and I haven't had much trouble yet. These sites have not only general guides but also indepth guides for specific characters, including build. ALWAYS use a build that someone else made, especially one that has a "recommended" rating, until you get a hang of the game.

If you feel comfortable with beginner AI games you should skip intermediate and go straight to pvp against other people. It matches you up with people at the same level so they'll be as noobish as you. It will also help you learn faster because the AI is unrealistic and predictable, not to mention that there are less than 10 champions that the AI uses. In one game I was playing Ashe and I was laning against another Ashe. They kept killing me. While I seriously hampered my team that game, I learned from the other Ashe and the next game I was owning. I can now play Ashe fairly well.

• steelfinsteelfin Member UncommonPosts: 121

@TS

You said you owned with master yi right?  haha that's good, he is a good champ to learn to play the game.  Well, since I didn't use rp I pretty much had to use him till level 23 and I got Nocturne which is boss.  BTW what build are you using for Yi?

Originally posted by Cawickeng

@TS

You said you owned with master yi right?  haha that's good, he is a good champ to learn to play the game.  Well, since I didn't use rp I pretty much had to use him till level 23 and I got Nocturne which is boss.  BTW what build are you using for Yi?

Well umm..Now I use Yi and Veigar. 

For Yi, I start out with that umm...AP tome thingie.  Then from there I make the one that heals me when I use attack spells ummm..gunslinger thingie!

And yah! I usually go from there.

so I start with 1 AP tomes then I just go back there when I can get another tome.  Then I go back to buy the shoes that gives cooldown reduction! @_@

Then Umm..I think that it..From then were usually already winning or losing but I tend to get more AP stuff like sheen(works great with the 8th hit special of yi) then get the 15% more healing thingie for when I use meditate.  Meditate is awesome! Nothing kills you during meditate unless they stun you or somefing xD 

Edit :

Ill also have to say that Im doing fairly well in pvp!   Got 4 wins and 1 loss atm ^__^

( o.o)
    (")(")

• zastrophzastroph Member Posts: 242

Originally posted by Castillle

Ive been playing against the beginner ai in this game and I totally suck at it :(  Annie always 2 shots me, ryze always stuns and kills me, the big demon thing never dies unless we 3 on 1 him...

What am I doing wrong ppl? T_T

Oh and Im almost always broke and underlevelled for some reason T_T

Help pweaseee

Update edit :

At least you got to play. I created an account, but am unable to play because it will not let me log in!

I allways store my login details in a safe place, so no I did not forget the details!

• TyrxzTyrxz Member Posts: 329

If you're having trouble playing, it might be 'cause you're not playing the different champs correctly. This site: www.mobafire.com have a list of ALL the heroes in LoL. Press the "Builds and guides" hub and choose you're hero then filter by score. Choose one and in it there should be a pretty indepth guide about skills, items, rune and masteries of your chosen champ. Hope it helps :)

Edit: Typos

scribble scribble scribble

• etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855

Originally posted by Tyrxz

If you're having trouble playing, it might be 'cause you're not playing the different champs correctrly. This site: www.mobafire.com have a list of ALL heroesin LoL. Press the "Builds and guides" hub and choose you're hero then filter by score. Choose one and in it there should be a pretty indepth guide about skills, items, rune and masteries of your chosen champ. Hope it helps :)

thats a great site, for both new and skilled players alike. worth checking out OP :)

• SybnalSybnal Member Posts: 261

I will freely admit that I've been playing this game on and off since it released and I SUCK at it. I only have about 370ish games under my belt. But it doesn't matter. I am terrible.  If I don't stick with one or two characters i'll go 0/15 without batting an eye.

It's not even that I do stupid stupid shit or don't know how to play. I actually always have really strong early to mid games. I never feed . But as soon as a team fight breaks out, the screen just turns into a fucking miasma of dayglo shit and I lose my cursor, my character and any clue to what the hell is going on.  I usually end up Flashing face first into a wall and then Ulting a minion.

Good times.

If you're having trouble playing, it might be 'cause you're not playing the different champs correctly. This site: www.mobafire.com have a list of ALL the heroes in LoL. Press the "Builds and guides" hub and choose you're hero then filter by score. Choose one and in it there should be a pretty indepth guide about skills, items, rune and masteries of your chosen champ. Hope it helps :)

That helps a lot but Im still confused about getting the hang of when to charge in, when not to charge in, when to towerdive, etc etc x.x

And like...stuff like that!  And Im still getting used to looking at the map so that I dont get ganked x.x evil gankers!  Melie helpeded me lots though! :)

( o.o)
    (")(")

• TyrxzTyrxz Member Posts: 329

Originally posted by Castillle

That helps a lot but Im still confused about getting the hang of when to charge in, when not to charge in, when to towerdive, etc etc x.x

And like...stuff like that!  And Im still getting used to looking at the map so that I dont get ganked x.x evil gankers!  Melie helpeded me lots though! :)

There should be some advice on when to charge in on some of the champs on the site. Which server are you playing on? NA, EUW or EUNE? Tell me what champs you're playing the most and i'll see about giving you some direction of when to initiate or other stuff. :)

scribble scribble scribble

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Practice makes perfect.

Just play and play and play.

Trick with getting good at this type of competitive game isn't actually going to sites and reading a billion manuals.

It is enjoying this game.

You enjoy the game -> Want to play more so you do -> since you play more you improve more. 

See how that works? :)

If you lose, gratz!

Loss hurts much more which means you'll remember the lessons more.

If you win, gratz!

You've improved!

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

XD or i won cuz Our xin zhao went 34-2-0 LOL

nyways umm... I play in the na server and i usually use rammus, amumu, or shen if we have no tank or if we need a damager i use leblanc or veigar o.o. Veigar is cute scept his voice Is ear shattering :(

( o.o)
    (")(")