Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LoL sure got popular!

Joshua69Joshua69 Member UncommonPosts: 953

I am seeing add's for LoL like everywhere. Friends who told me they weren't interested in it a month ago are now finally trying it. Totally awesome, there were even some nice poster add's at Gamestop. glad to see something kinda "off the wall new" really take off.

And as far as DoTA 2 sounds. Most my LoL buddies aren't even looking at it. I am guessing most LoL people are going to have to much time devoted to LoL to switch to something that is essentially the same thing. Hoping LoL comes out on top

Comments

• shane242shane242 Member UncommonPosts: 95

They have a lot floating on Dominion, If its a hit it will win out.

From a negative POV the domninion changed may ruin the current game modes (TT already sucks) and loose ground to DoTA 2

• Joshua69Joshua69 Member UncommonPosts: 953

Meh, I think it will be like Twisted Tree line, in the sense that, those who don't like it don't play it. Problem solved. I am rly looking forward to Dominion though, will be nice to every now and then do something different

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Im lookying forward to dominion but atm the 5v5 is being super fun for me! Im actually really really happy i tried LoL! Having a blast with it and i already spent 20$ in it for the first month just cuz i like it!

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131

yeah i recently started playing LoL and having alot of fun. spent waaay too much money on it tho because i'm impatient and wanted to play certain champions that looked fun. bought the digital pack and a few other champions, even like 2 skins for the ones i liked the most Ereal and Wukong.

had put off trying the game because of all the posts saying how bad the community is, i did see some trash talk but not as much as i thought there would be.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

I won't play dota 2, i hated dota, except for the very early versions. 

The digital pack is probably the biggest bang for your buck, since you get a little over 1800 RP back :)  and the community really isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be, I have tons of friends that I play with all the time.  I log on and in 5-10 minutes i'm in 5v5 premade with them.  People just need something to gripe about, and the worst aspect of the game is the community, even though it's not that bad.

I'm in the same boat, I have a bad habit of spending way too much money on vanity items in games.  I probably spent over $300 in Maplestory over the years, and I'm already over $100 for LoL.  I try to think of it as a subscription game, buying a $25 game  card every 3 months, keyword there is TRY lol

• GudrunixGudrunix Member Posts: 149

I think in general people have been looking for multiplayer PvP that is more accessible and not as brutally unforgiving as traditional RTSs and FPSs, and arena games fit that niche.  LoL has been popular because, like WoW, they have focused on making the game as accessible and intuitive as possible.

Going forward, I think the most competition LoL will have will be from other arena games that shake up the formula, like the upcoming Warhammer one that uses more a more conventional first-person controls rather than the top-down controls.  I think DOTA2, HoN, and the upcoming Starcraft DotA will remain more or less the domain of the purists who prefer the original design of DotA quirks and all, but they are likely in a minority.

Also interesting will be to see if this genre starts having an impact on MMORPGs and the content they offer.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by Gudrunix

I think in general people have been looking for multiplayer PvP that is more accessible and not as brutally unforgiving as traditional RTSs and FPSs, and arena games fit that niche.  LoL has been popular because, like WoW, they have focused on making the game as accessible and intuitive as possible.

Going forward, I think the most competition LoL will have will be from other arena games that shake up the formula, like the upcoming Warhammer one that uses more a more conventional first-person controls rather than the top-down controls.  I think DOTA2, HoN, and the upcoming Starcraft DotA will remain more or less the domain of the purists who prefer the original design of DotA quirks and all, but they are likely in a minority.

Also interesting will be to see if this genre starts having an impact on MMORPGs and the content they offer.

It really should influence MMO's that have PvP instances...

Whats wrong with adding one LOL type arena fight, where players use their characters instead of summons... but the rest could be easilly implemented.  (just replace minnions by NPC parties)

-Tough you will miss the quick leveling and itemisation..... but you could swtich them out for straight character power bonusses

A mode like this could mean a lot for SW:TOR... quick and dirty easy accessible PvP/PvE combined... 

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)