Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are the 5 things you're most excited about in the MMO you're interested in?

MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Just like the title says, what are the top 5 things you're most enthusiastic about in the MMO or MMO's you're interested in playing? Thise can be current ones of course, but it's foremostly about new upcoming MMO's (MMOFPS, MMORTS and MOBA incl)

My theory is, that if you're unable to name 5 or if only 1-2 on the list really excite you and the rest is actually 'meh' to you or just 'ok', then it also showcases your level of enthusiasm and interest for that game.

So, what are  the 5 most exciting things in the MMO('s) of your choice? image

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

Comments

• tazarconan7tazarconan7 Member Posts: 74

1.Character customization .. in and out. Means deep with many choises in feats perks talents skills in such a way u wont be able to learn/cap everything but make choises... Character looks variety helps also for cosmetic/aesthetic reasons

2.Combat system... MUST be engaging,tactical, breathtaking either manual style aka upcoming skyrim or m&b warband either it is casual aka wow/L2 etc only with an advanced type thats more intresting.

3.World MUST be Huge and with loads of hundrends places to explore  / discover / adventure

4.Dungeons Random created ,random lists of monsters inside with random loot generated .SAME WITH RAIDS so we wont fly to www.nerdrage.com and check bosses tactics.

5.Housing -diplomacy system Rich in variety for goals for players to achieve and ranks to get. Opoortunity to gain titles with lands,castles estates etc etc Guild created villages castles that can be razed by other hostile races /guilds.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

*shuffles the answers*

1. Setting/World. (Non-fantasy, fantasy on cooldown for now!)

4. No walls of text. I'm done with them, and what they do to potentially interesting plots, stories, quests. If my in-game contacts cannot talk at year 2011+ then I'm not going to meet them.

2. Classes. For very different reasons I'm looking forward to TOR, GW2 and TSW on this one. (lol the TOR-GW2-TSW-group cliche is strong with me!) GW2 seems to do the old and boring "same old fantasy" classes so differently and breath some fresh air to them in such a way that it will for sure suck me back to fantasy again, just looks interesting atm. TSW, I dont know much anything but the freeform character building, it could be very interesting if well done, or the exact opposite, excited about it though. I love playing lightsaber wielding character in any game, be it KotOR, Jedi Academy or anything in between, generally sci-fi/tech stuff, also I've always wanted to play a SW style bounty hunter class, so TOR obviously has the benefit of the IP for those needs, in my case.

5. Char customization. It's always on my top 5, it's not a gamebreaker to me but I really apreciate to be able to make a char to my own liking, at least some customization, this goes from character races to detailed individual tinkering. At least GW2 seems to have this, propably TSW too, TOR not so much if the rumours are true, at least it has some races that I really like, but we'll see.

3. Dynamic events / PQ's. I fell in love with this basic idea in Warhammer online, to have events/quests where anyone can join, not having to look for group and everyone be rewarded for their efforts, it makes the world feel a lot more alive and brings people together, it's really nice feature. GW2 obviously is doing this more than well enough, no idea about TSW/TOR if they have much content like this in store.

+Fluff, housing, mounts, multipassenger mounts, mount racing games (please Bioware give us podracing :D), minigames, guild halls, huge worlds, emotes, titles, useless crap, useful crap, world PvP, instanced PvP, PvP lakes, rare spawns, exploration, secret places, nice GM's, weather effects, fireplace at winter, red wine, mint chocolade with Crowmoor's extra dry apple cider and also fireworks, lots of fireworks.

It's hard to put them in somekind of order when things swap place in the interested-list all the time, new things coming or old things getting updated, there's a couple of mmorpgs incoming at the moment and I'm excited about all of them for various reasons and they all seem to be delivering.

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

1 its star wars

2 story bases mmo with all my mmo trapings like flashpoints and operations and pvp

3 choice that matters and affects my character

4 playing force users

5 its bioware and star wars together again.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

The 5 things that Im excited about regarding the MMO Im currently most interested in (in no particular order)

1. Modern Day setting
    2. No levels, no classes
    3. Survival Horror style quests and dungeons
    4. 3 faction persistent world pvp
    4. Unique look, artistic visuals

and now Im gonna cheat and put 5 things for the second place MMO im most interested in

1. Story and quests directly related to my class and the ability to change the story as I go
    2. Unique approach to crafting
    3. Objective based world pvp
    4. One of my favorite IPs of all time
    5. Personal Ship that acts as a house, shop, companion hub, and also can run combat missions

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

1.pvp

2.atmoshpere

3.world interaction and character development

4. Raids/groups/quests

5. Lore

Kinda tough question really since you cant really know for sure what you are going to like the best since you havent played the games yet.  The secret worlds gameworld looks really cool, cant wait to dive in and start expolring all the citys all the while meeting new people and questing togather plus its ARG and Lore that evolve around the story.  World interaction and character development I look forward to as well in this game.

Guild wars 2 pvp, and also it has some crazy game world envirements as well im looking forward to playing in with some great athmoshpere.  I seen one of the instanced group quests that looked amazing, cant wait for that either.

If  I decide to play SWTOR even tho there lame excuse for certain aspects of what they wont allow in game I think all 5 of my reasons would probably fit into it.  I suppose Id probably be lieing though now that I think about it if I said I dont think the Biowares standard RPG element which is character development and voice overs would be what im lookng forward to the most since I havent ever played any of Biowares games. 

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

community
    death penalty
    full housing
    majority of content is group oriented
    no badge gear or lfd

guess ill be waiting a while.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

Just like the title says, what are the top 5 things you're most enthusiastic about in the MMO or MMO's you're interested in playing? Thise can be current ones of course, but it's foremostly about new upcoming MMO's (MMOFPS, MMORTS and MOBA incl)

My theory is, that if you're unable to name 5 or if only 1-2 on the list really excite you and the rest is actually 'meh' to you or just 'ok', then it also showcases your level of enthusiasm and interest for that game.

So, what are  the 5 most exciting things in the MMO('s) of your choice? image

You are wrong. I only need one reason to play any game.

Because I said so.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Oh this one is easy, i'll go a step further and explain why i'm excited about each feature.

1. Light and dark allignment- Finally an MMO that explores the light and dark allignment system in its entirety. It's not simply if you kill people you get a certain negative rep and then start getting penalities, this actually promotes you making light and dark decisions.

2. Choices in quests - Got soooo tired of being forced to do one thing and one thing only, being forced to have to collect those wolf pets everytime i leveled up a character on that side or else missing out on the reward.

3. Voice over- Much as many people disregard voice over as fluff i've seen the differnece with and without voice over and they make a big difference in the presentation and it just seems more lively to me then a bunch of text on the screen.

4. PvP- I'm actually really fond of not getting squished right away when i go into PvP, thats so nice that i can actually stand a chance. In WoW, MO dark fall and all the others you barely know whats going on before your dead. Usually if you meet a highly skilled player in these types of games it's either quick find a hiding spot or sit there and die. Here they put you on a more even footing and in the case of open world they give special stuff if you happen to be the underdog.

5. Artwork- Funnily enough i actually really enjoy the art work, it's a real change of pace from what we normally see, eastern style, anime style, real life style, this seems to take real life style and move it into a more artsy type of world.

Thats not even going into the crafting, world stuff, other players and all the other goodies i could have gone into as well

If you still don't know which game i'm talking about...you don't know me well enough :)

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

1. open world pvp

2. setting, immersion, RP viability

3. deep crafting and gathering options

4. richness, depth and amount of pve content

5. extensive character customization and specialization; from build, to gear and alignment

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133

1) Character customization

2) Modern setting

3) Getting to play a Gangrel Vampire in an MMO, finally!

4) Game is not quest oriented. It is player driven, org. vs. org. faction content and conflict.

5) Live team events built on existing world Lore

bonus: It's freaking Vampire: The Masquerade!!!!!! image

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

1. E-sporty PvP

2. Functional casual PvP (RvR)

3. Dynamic event system -> lack of traditional quests

4. Lack of holy trinity

5. Production quality

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Vanguard:

- Great raiding. Every class is needed, every class is important, a single person screwing up can make the raid fail.

- Extremely good class design. Every class is really a completely different experience. Every class has complexity and depth. Healers are far from just being healbots.

- Amazing graphics. Especially the realistic viewing distances are awesome. Flying is always a blast in this game.

- Gigantic game world with endless quests. Even after more than two years of playing it (total time played), there are still whole dungeons I have yet to explore.

- High difficulty. The game keeps being of high challenge. Even in best raid gear you are not substantly less in danger in this world.

Well I should make some more entries:

SW:TOR

- Massive story content

- .... um ...

- ... yeah, thats already all. graphics are nice, interface will be good for sure (its Bioware), but excited ? Nope, I'm not excited about those things. Really the one things thats special about SW:TOR is the story content. The rulesystem is rather odd, the combat system is unknown (well its supposedly "fast paced"), the quality of raids is - unknown, crafting is mostly a mystery (only very general things are known to date) .... so what exactly could I be excited about ?

- I expect SW:TOR to be a hit but I doubt it will be a hit for me.

Linage 2

- Castle Sieges

- Overenchanting. Really great way to allow people to work on their gear.

- Tyrant class. Melee glass cannon with some magic tricks on it. My favorite class to date in all games.

- ... hmm cant think of more. L2 is basically a hellish grind. Mind, I dont mind slow leveling. I mind slow leveling on braindead killing mobs en masse. Thats just no fun.

- One thing I *really* hated: killing mobs of lesser level would not give any items at all. So ... you need the Grade D recipe for soulshots ? Haha sorry no chance the mobs that drop it are too much below your level. Grrrrmpf !