Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Casual WOW hating

I find somewhat stunning the general daily negativity towards wow on this forum. Wow was a gargantuan job that shows a labour of love in nearly every tiny inconsequent item in nearly every corner of the game. Smooth, beautiful and breath-taking throughout. Now you may not particularly favour the style/gameplay, you may not like the company that made it or, like myself, you may have played it to death but anyone who dismisses it in terms like 'ughh wow ffs this game is total crap', the likes of which I regularly see here, prooves to me that there are a goodly number of gamers who are ABSOLUTELY SPOILED ROTTON by the gigantic leap in gaming that it and games like it represent. Down with that sort of thing. 

Comments

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

I'm a casual WoW hater

I can only hate it for 3-6 hrs a week

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• NeVeRLiFtNeVeRLiFt Member UncommonPosts: 380

WoW is a cash cow now and Blizz has shown for the past 3yrs maybe 4 that they don't care to listen to their player base.

WoW's game engine is very limiting and they have hit the wall in terms of what they can do and add to the game... even the way they trying to implement the appearance tab shows this badly.

Blizz has not kept up with the themepark supply and even if they wanted too it's been shown over and over that developers can't keep up and supply themepark content fast enough to keep up with the players.

This why the new mmo's coming out are offering more player driven content and dynamic events.

Played: MCO - EQ/EQ2 - WoW - VG - WAR - AoC - LoTRO - DDO - GW/GW2 - Eve - Rift - FE - TSW - TSO - WS - ESO - AA - BD
    Playing: Sims 3 & 4, Diablo3 and PoE
    Waiting on: Lost Ark
    Who's going to make a Cyberpunk MMO?

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

I dont hate WOW personally. What I hate is what Blizzard did to WOW with the onset of Burning Crusade. I miss Vanilla WOW.

****DDDDDAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH fires many many plunger at Blizzard HQ!!!*****

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836

O_o

Games don't get instant merit based on what it took to develop them. They still have to be fun, and in the opinion of those WoW haters, the game obviously wasn't fun to them.

Opinions are entirely subjective, and that you'd insult people for voicing an opinion on a forum makes you as much a villain as the WoW haters you portray as.

What you basically said, or at least came off saying, was be content. Personally, I don't think people should just be content with what they have, and if they see room for improvement, should continue posting about it on forums and blogs.

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Originally posted by RavingRabbid
    I dont hate WOW personally. What I hate is what Blizzard did to WOW with the onset of Burning Crusade. I miss Vanilla WOW.

i didnt think most of TBC was bad, though I do with they had stuck with larger raids. They should have imo been releasing more 10 & 15 mans like strat/scholo used to be, and multiple instances per tier, at least some of the times, and also have larger scale raids but maybe smaller in length for liek the helms or something ..

but yea beyond TBC wow has been destroyed.

Put it this way, if the quality of play that is Cata had been released when TBC was released, the debacle that was SWG would pale in comparison.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Originally posted by RavingRabbid

QFT

Vanilla was so much fun, I personally hated the direction the game took after the first xpac

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• bumuscheekusbumuscheekus Member Posts: 214

Originally posted by Serelisk

O_o

Games don't get instant merit based on what it took to develop them. They still have to be fun, and in the opinion of those WoW haters, the game obviously wasn't fun to them.

Opinions are entirely subjective, and that you'd insult people for voicing an opinion on a forum makes you as much a villain as the WoW haters you portray as.

What you basically said, or at least came off saying, was be content. Personally, I don't think people should just be content with what they have, and if they see room for improvement, should continue posting about it on forums and blogs.

Now, dear MMORPGers, read what I said above and ask yourselves if I even implied any of what this chap has said.

I'm certainly not prohibiting (constructive) criticism, it's the most important format through which gaming can improve, insipid contentment only leads to stagnantion in any field, gaming or otherwise. Of course fun and opinions are subjective that goes without saying and I certainly wasn't telling people what they should like or dislike. I am complaining about the trend to summarily dismiss a game like WOW as shite and worthless as it regularly is here (oddly this seems to happen with the games that are the most popular and successful by an strange coincidence...). I find it incredible that such people cannot find one thing of merit in the game and feel the need to give it a rubber stamp of 'crap' without some credit that it deserves as a piece of art, an influential body of work or a decent place in the history of online gaming. I don't play it myself anymore and I found lots to dislike about the 'post-vanilla wow' but I couldn't possibly lump the whole thing into the crapper because it failed in its entirety to keep me tickled for 7 years, I think it deserves a little bit more respect than that.    

• LatellaLatella Member Posts: 189

WoW haters are amusing to me.

Especially the ones that spend their gaming hours in other mmorpgs, sitting in a main hub and bitching about WoW.

They make me feel all warm inside <3

Rawr.