Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Today Marks An Elder Scrolls Anniversary-Free Game Download

firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

Today, many Elder Scrolls fans are anxiously awaiting the release of the fifth installment, Skyrim. But on this day 15 years ago, fans were just getting their hands on the second entry, Daggerfall.

According to a tweet from Bethesda's Pete Hines, today is the 15th anniversary of Daggerfall's release. If you want to celebrate this milestone for the Elder Scrolls series, you can download and play the game yourself! Back in 2009, Bethesda made Daggerfall available as a free download. You can get it here.

Happy 15th birthday, Daggerfall! Now you can get your driver's permit.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/08/31/today-marks-an-elder-scrolls-anniversary.aspx

Comments

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Bethesda doesn't seem to realize the goldmine they're sitting on if they were to re-release HD versions of the original games like Arena, Daggerfall, all the way through Morrowind. Even if they just re-did them all in the Oblivion engine, it'd be great and they'd make a literal fortune.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

149 megs... that's amazing!  I can't wait to see it.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.

Originally posted by ActionMMORPG

149 megs... that's amazing!  I can't wait to see it.

Heheh, in those days that was a LARGE file.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

HAHAHAHAHA ah the days of the 5/25 3/25 floppies A: B: and SUPER OMG ITS TOO BIG files of 100-400mbs HAHAHAH ah the days when you looked at required specs and wondered if you could actually run it  now days everything is massive O_o 13gbs for games

• DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212

I still have my original game, complete with old school large box and all the contents somewhere here. Not sure what format it's in but I know it's floppy disc. I lost hundreds of hours of my life to Daggerfall...

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004

• ZairuZairu Member Posts: 469

awesome thread.

i can't wait for Skyrim.

and yes, if they released HD versions of all the old TES games, i would buy them.

Knowing that Skyrim is coming out, is the one of the biggest reasons why i've stopped playing (looking for new) mmo's.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

I actually play it on my android phone :D   

Good game.

Originally posted by maskedweasel

Good game.

Daggerfall? Or The Elder Scrolls Travels: Stormhold, which was made for phones by Beth back in '03?

• VahraneVahrane Member UncommonPosts: 376

Originally posted by Darkholme

I still have my original game, complete with old school large box and all the contents somewhere here. Not sure what format it's in but I know it's floppy disc. I lost hundreds of hours of my life to Daggerfall...

Actually it released on a CD... I have my box here with me right next to my PC still after 15 years as well. Oddly enough I chose to replay DF less than a month ago of my own accord! With a near complete lack of good new mmo's I had to do something. Sadly, Daggerfall is a bit too repetitive after your first 10ish random dungeons.

• BeachcomberBeachcomber Member Posts: 535

Skyrim is a console port tho. pitty.

Originally posted by eyeswideopen

Good game.

Daggerfall? Or The Elder Scrolls Travels: Stormhold, which was made for phones by Beth back in '03?

Daggerfall my friend :)   It takes a dos emulator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICXrwgd3QJs

• NightAngellNightAngell Member Posts: 566

Good game.

What app is that because i can find it in the android store.

Originally posted by NightAngell

Good game.

Search for DosBox and see what comes up.  Not sure what the deal is with the android market lately, but they've been taking off a lot of emulators.  If there are any dos emulators left on the market, download one,  then have the game on your phone, load, and enjoy.    Some phones work better than others, of course.

Good game.

Search for DosBox and see what comes up.  Not sure what the deal is with the android market lately, but they've been taking off a lot of emulators.  If there are any dos emulators left on the market, download one,  then have the game on your phone, load, and enjoy.    Some phones work better than others, of course.

I have samsung galaxy s 2...

Good game.

Okay i have downloaded dosbox but how do i get the game.

Good game.

Download it as normal.  If you have questions or issues, they have a number of dosbox forums that can help,  and the youtube link I posted above also has some info for you.

Good game.

Download it as normal.  If you have questions or issues, they have a number of dosbox forums that can help,  and the youtube link I posted above also has some info for you.

Download to my phone?

What youtube link..?

Good game.

Download to my phone?

Yes

• futnatusfutnatus Member Posts: 193

Bethesda doesn't seem to realize the goldmine they're sitting on if they were to re-release HD versions of the original games like Arena, Daggerfall, all the way through Morrowind. Even if they just re-did them all in the Oblivion engine, it'd be great and they'd make a literal fortune.

This post is so full of truth it's basically oozing out of it.

My god Daggerfall is huge though.

When I go to heaven, I will float unto an isolated cloud and upon it will be nothing else but a shiny new computer.  As I approach it carefully, the machine starts up and the morrowind theme begins to play.

I am greeted to an opening cinematic which flies over the many locals in the world given to us by the Elder Scrolls series.  Then the title will read 'The Elder Scrolls: Tamriel and the Planes of the Gods', and I will have fifteen consecutive angel heart attacks.

• VryheidVryheid Member UncommonPosts: 469

Any good hi-res graphics mods for this game? I'd love to attempt playing through Daggerfall again but the difficult controls and blurry resolution kinda make it frustrating for me.

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

Good game.

Daggerfall my friend :)   It takes a dos emulator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICXrwgd3QJs

DOS Games are nom nom licious!!! Have tons of em :D