Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BioWare has also revealed they’re only going to allow you to queue as a 4-person group

Wait I read this in a article. Does this apply to all Instanced PvP or only Huttball?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

im nto sure but i think it only applies to warzones. i dont think it applies to operations or anything like that as it defeats the purpose of guilds. Why have gulilds and guild singnups if u arent gonna let guilds run there own operations without que? 

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Oh wow, players cant Single Queue for PvP. Thats a killer.

Why, because I remember this same thing when it came to WoW. Its mainly the number 1 reason I hated Arena in WoW so much back in TBC, was because I couldnt Pug it. And players tend to drift to teaming up with the more powerful classes for teammates rather than just random people that ask to join.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

You misunderstood.

You can queue as a single person. You can also queue as a group of 4. However, you can't queue as a group of 8, so no premade full groups.

So, you will either have 8 random single people in a Warzone group, or a premade group of 4 with an additional 4 random single persons.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176

Originally posted by MMOExposed

Oh wow, players cant Single Queue for PvP. Thats a killer.

Why, because I remember this same thing when it came to WoW. Its mainly the number 1 reason I hated Arena in WoW so much back in TBC, was because I couldnt Pug it. And players tend to drift to teaming up with the more powerful classes for teammates rather than just random people that ask to join.

No, you can do that. The only thing you cannot do as queue as eight. You can queue up in groups of 4 or as a single player. They explained why they did this very well so I am not going to try but the reasoning is sound.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

You misunderstood.

You can queue as a single person. You can also queue as a group of 4. However, you can't queue as a group of 8, so no premade full groups.

So, you will either have 8 random single people in a Warzone group, or a premade group of 4 with an additional 4 random single persons.

ok that makes sense now. thanks

• scottec1425scottec1425 Member Posts: 64

I would rather have a que limit then a pug group vrs a Pre-made. atlast this way premades are gonna be only 4 people. And from what I heard if you Que for Huttball you can play aginst your own factions so PVP guild that try and que up at the same time might end up being on the same team or fighitng aginst each other.