Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Phase 1 Beta Registration has started.

2»

Comments

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

i'll be starting a fake fb account to join this.  i barely use facebook, but none of the people on it are gamers, so i don't want to bother them with this stuff

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Originally posted by EvilGeek

As far as I'm concerned FB is just for catching up with old friends and keeping in touch with those out of my area and country, I don't allow any aps access to my info, won't start with it now. I'm sure there will be plenty who are quite happy to share theirs and their friends info (did you ask your friends?) but me, no thanks. Best of luck to those who participate.

I use it to keep up with friends and a lot of different companies / groups.  But as far as taking my friends info (If it really does it), if my friends have the info on facebook that can be grabbed then its up there for anyone already and I dont see a need to ask them.  Its like someone putting a really cool record player on the curb as trash with a sign that says "free."  I dont need to go and ask the person to take the record player thats already out there to be taken.

• DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589

Originally posted by arieste

i'll be starting a fake fb account to join this.  i barely use facebook, but none of the people on it are gamers, so i don't want to bother them with this stuff

lolz... you facebook Noobs. Don't you know that you can just right click on the Secret world messages on you wall and click hide all posts from this user. That's it... Noone will see that you are playing TSW, nor will you self get bothered.

Seriously

The Ultimate Breakdown

• NatarayaNataraya Member Posts: 78

screw FascioBook.

Originally posted by DaSpack

Originally posted by arieste

lolz... you facebook Noobs. Don't you know that you can just right click on the Secret world messages on you wall and click hide all posts from this user. That's it... Noone will see that you are playing TSW, nor will you self get bothered.

Seriously

Um... Other people have to click that to keep them from seeing the app.  For you to make it not show up to everyone you have to go into the settings and revoke its posting permissions.

Seriously

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by vesavius
    All you guys complaining about the use of FB need to relax and just accept it. It's been utilised to make the process smoother and easier for your own benefit. It presents no danger. In fact it will be fun.

Oh, and Illuminati here.

Templars!

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Originally posted by lizardbones

Originally posted by vesavius

All you guys complaining about the use of FB need to relax and just accept it. It's been utilised to make the process smoother and easier for your own benefit. It presents no danger. In fact it will be fun.

Oh, and Illuminati here.

Templars!

As an Illuminati I reserve the right to destroy you.

• akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615

Originally posted by taus01

Originally posted by Supersoups

Originally posted by taus01

It's a scam to get all your personal information under the disguise of beta access, nothing more.

And what do you think Funcom plan to do with your personal information?

Why do they need it in the first place? There is no reaon they need full access to your profile including everything your friends share with you.

Information like that is worth a lot of money, especially if its from one target marketing group: MMO Gamers in this case.

Not saying they will sell it, but there is NO REAASON to request that kind of information in the first place.

and if you think your employers in the real world arent monitoring your facebook, twitter, and myspace activity your obviously very naive. 

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"