Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

some pvp advice for a nube cleric.

JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

http://na.aiononline.com/myaion-character-detail?charId=390077&serverId=5

ok so that's my main and i must admit i know very little about gear in this game. i am looking for some one that knows a thing or two about pvp and gear in general for some advice on how to not instanly die in the Abyss. i realize i'm only level 44 but it just seems that i just get 2 shot by almost anything these days (except other clerics :P).

every fight it's pretty much 1 stun, 1 silence and i'm dead. i'm not trying to own everyone but i would like to be able to have some survivability at least against some classes. i wear chain ffs, and i'm like the only class with solid, spamable heals. how does this happen? it didnt used to be so bad 4/5 months ago but i guess back then a lot of people didn't have good gear.

does my gear really suck that bad?  or should i be able, with some skill and knowledge, to stay alive somewhat? should i be loading up on other stats instead of HP? is it enchants? should i be using potions like candy?

if the problem is mostly the gear, any advice on where to find better gear?

any thoughts are welcome, but only if you actually pvp in this game.

Comments

• khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486

yeah your gear sux badly dude. u need an abyss set and should use only mr manastones. to gain the ap for that u should do alot pvp and also do the lower abyss chambers in the lower forts. and try to go to every dredgion as soon as u lvled up. the e30 and e40 gear shouldnt be hard to get this way..but i would advice u to go for the e40 since it has a good amout of mr bonus. anyways u should know that sorcerers will always nuke u if they have a normal gear.

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

http://uk.aiononline.com/myaion-character-detail?charId=297109&serverId=31

this is my L30 cleric alt with a gold L25 hammer fullof mbost and enchanted to L10, as you can see i have better gear cause its enchanted and strike resist really works against those crits/stuns

try to get gold gear from L45 orichalcum dailys its cheap and very good and a nice mace/shield, and farm rings on azorturean fortress too, now a days its very easy to get top gear its cheap on auction house or by orichalcum tokens

• MmoSwanMmoSwan Member Posts: 134

Your gear sucks. Expect a few months of AP farming before you can afford better gear, so don't worry too much about it yet. This is what you'll do:

- run all upper forts of your faction, daily.

- as soon as you get to 46, do 3 dredgion a day

- as soon as you get to 50, do AS every 2 days

- as soon as you get to 50, do Esoterrace every day

- do daily quests for fortuneers faction every day

- do weekly qeusts for fortuneer faction every week

- as soon as you reach ing (50+) farm balaur mobs in zone 1

If you do that constantly for a few months you'll be able to get yourself some AP gear. After you got your gear it's time to enchant it and socket it.

These days +10 is pretty normal, many got for +15. If you get yourself 55 gear you need at least level 85 stones which cost 10-12m on the server that i play. You need at least 10 x 5 items, so roughly 5000m kinah and you are set if you are lucky. Then you need to socket mresist +14 stones on your gear. They cost around 1m each (if you are lucky) and you need 30-3.000m depending on your luck.

So expect lots, i mean really lots of grind in the next months.

Or... get to 55 while waiting for 2.7 to come out and then get yourself the new 2.7 pvp arena set to avoid the sick amounts of time that the AP farming will require you to. Ofc you'll still need the billions of kinah to enchant/socket but at least you'll save the AP grind.

|| Languages for gamers: http://gamerslingo.com
    /where God
    ERROR: Target could not be found
    /target Believer
    /skill science
    You missed your target since Believer ignores science
    /skill logic
    You missed your target since Believer traded all his INT for faith.

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024

Grind Brah, and when you are grinding you will get roflstomped by everything, then when you get your gear you still have to grind sommore to make it better... lol  Fun times huh?

• MmoSwanMmoSwan Member Posts: 134

The grind would be far easier to bear if Aion didn't make the money go poof all the time due to a completely nykerked up RNG.

|| Languages for gamers: http://gamerslingo.com
    /where God
    ERROR: Target could not be found
    /target Believer
    /skill science
    You missed your target since Believer ignores science
    /skill logic
    You missed your target since Believer traded all his INT for faith.