Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

huh!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

did the hz beta thing just get pushed bak 1 hour?!?!?!?!?!??!!??!

Comments

• KrimiKrimi Member Posts: 2
    I noticed that too, but the timer is gone now so I think it's over *crosses Fingers*

• AsathorAsathor Member Posts: 8
    I think this is mmorpg.com's way of teasing us...

• lol its always the people u never see who win these contests

• JhikanJhikan Member Posts: 26
    damn video game tease.   worse thing you can do to a fanboy

-----------------------------------------

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, ash burzum-ishi krimbatul.

-----------------------------------------

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, ash burzum-ishi krimbatul.

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
    That apparently is a little bug in our countdown timer image  In the last 59 seconds it reports 1 hour remaining...I will have to look into that one.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• UifzUifz Member Posts: 252

No one again, I've never heard of these people. Where the hell do these people come from, do they even know how to post on the froums?

Meddle Mesa, AZ, United States * confirmed *
    2 UberTank Pasadena, TX, United States * confirmed *
    3 dokterwer Ventura, CA, United States * pending *
    4 Gagton DAyton, OK, United States * pending *
    5 inferno Watervliet, NY, United States * pending *
    6 foofighter405 Wadsworh, OH, United States * pending *
    7 Merlin_Qc Beauport, YK, Canada * pending *
    8 Rooks Oakland, CA, United States * pending *
    9 galashay Bangor, ME, United States * pending *
    10 Supernova Waterville, ME, United States * pending *
    11 Akira_Takawa Brooklyne, NY, United States * pending *
    12 Scaven Cape Coral, FL, United States * pending *
    13 populus Trumansburg, NY, United States * pending *
    14 keitaro73 Kansas City, MO, United States * pending *
    15 cootermonger Gloucester, NC, United States * pending *
    16 jri1234 enfield, CT, United States * pending *
    17 Kentaro Toronto, ON, Canada * pending *
    18 Pravus Hill AFB, UT, United States * pending *
    19 Drawde Highland Park, IL, United States * pending *
    20 Monk Bakersfield, CA, United States * pending *
    21 Arcane Carrying Place, ON, Canada * pending *
    22 cryohazard dearborn heights, MI, United States * pending *
    23 KingOfSpades San Antonio, TX, United States * pending *
    24 GlacierMI Detroit, MI, United States * pending *
    25 RedSonjja Edmonton, AB, Canada * pending *
    26 Rounelf Bremerton, WA, United States * pending *
    27 Paks Colorado Springs, CO, United States * pending *
    28 Marshall Sacramento, CA, United States * pending *
    29 chemstud San Diego, CA, United States * pending *
    30 blindbubba los angeles, CA, United States * pending *

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Hmm looking at the list I am very dissapointed with mmmorpg.com to say the least.

Surely at least 1 person should have been a regular poster I have never even seen any of this people post.

Poorly done for sure mmorpg.com shame on you.

Well, being the drawing is RANDOM I don't see how the amount of posts a user makes would factor into things much image

Unlike other sites, I don't increase users odds by their activity.  All this creates is a wave of spammers that ruin the site.

Sorry to all those who did not win...better luck next time image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

whoa, u just got ur 2000th post! and djin just got his 1000th not long ago! grats! woohoo! etc. hehe.

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

--------------------------------------

• yea it kinda sucks, actual fans of the site get shafted and lose while those who jus applied win, its kind of messed up but I guess its fair? though i dunno how fair it is to the fanbase

Ah well maybe what you should have done is random half the beta and given the other half to active posters that have contributed to this forums .

By surfing thru it is not hard to find 5 such people .

Not saying random is wrong but it is hardly  rewarding the mmropg community is it?

Just a suggestion for future giveaways.

well i guess its a way to get regualr users to join the site. ill bet some of us here joined the site because of a contest. i dont remember how i joined the site, but it wasnt a contest. ahhh... i remember the days anticipating the big change to the sites look... ahhh... those were the days...

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

• RasukeRasuke Member Posts: 362
    I just joined because I just happened upon the site while browsing.  Contests aren't that important to me, like I've said before, I never win them.  I've learned not to get my hopes up about anything.  Aaannnyyywho, I would be willing to bet that at least one of those people chosen (probrably more) joined the site just because of that contest...

---------------------------------------------
    "I think therefor I am" is a saying that can't possibly be true, if it was, over half the people in this world wouldn't exist.

I'm tired of people who act over 18, but type like they're under 5...

-------------------------------------------
    image image image

I join almost been a year entering MMORPG.com onto my web browser, I thought I give it a shot you know and I rememeber the time it was very boring to say active there wasnt many users at the time and there would be 5 new subjects a week, no joke. But now it is very fun to check out the site, but too many new posts, getting harder to read image

Originally posted by Admin

Well, being the drawing is RANDOM I don't see how the amount of posts a user makes would factor into things much image
    Unlike other sites, I don't increase users odds by their activity.  All this creates is a wave of spammers that ruin the site.
    Sorry to all those who did not win...better luck next time image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

I understand what you are saying, but it's so ironic how all those people on the list have never posted on the forums, I mean at least you would expect some active users on there.

Originally posted by hercules

Ah well maybe what you should have done is random half the beta and given the other half to active posters that have contributed to this forums .
    By surfing thru it is not hard to find 5 such people .
    Not saying random is wrong but it is hardly  rewarding the mmropg community is it?
    Just a suggestion for future giveaways.

That would of been a great idea, or at least have a surprise of the active forums users, because if you told them then they would keep spamming like Admin say, but if you kept it under secret then that would of been a great way.

i think its because if an active user loses the contest were still gonna stay with the site. if some1 that just signed up for the contest wins, then theres a chance he will became an active poster. even ppl that just signed up might become active posters.

- Unknown Author

• PravusPravus Member Posts: 34

I have become a active poster and avid reader before I joined for the contest.  I think the site is a great wealth of information. 

I don't see why you all are complaining about something (contest) that was a completely random drawing.  The rules were posted long ago and were accepted, but now that some of you did NOT win you are started to show some tears (whine) No offense :)  But seriously , do you do the same thing if you don't win the lottery?

Think about it, while it may have been used to generate some extra traffic for the site or not it was a fair and fun contest.  Everyone was given the chance to register for the drawing and be given a FAIR opportunity to win it.  The admins and staff used zero favoring techniques.  If the contest did generate lets say an extra 2000 people to register for the site, and out of those lets just say 20 become active posters , then we all win because that's just 20 more people we can get information from and share what we know and in turn just have fun and get to know everyone .

Pravus

Pravus no one said it was not a good marketing scheme .

If it was fair is another matter.Loyalty could have been at least partially rewarded.I am sure if 2 out of the 10 spots was given based on level of participation it would not have harmed the people who still signed up as there would be 8 spots to  random for.

As for people spamming well I think the staff already know who spams on this board and who makes meaniful contribution so I can't see it as a issue.

Oh btw I do not even qualify based on where I live so have no motive for myself rather speaking of general loyalty.

This seems to happen all the time.I got into DAoC beta 2 (USA version) despite I found the site purely by chance and NEVER visited it again till I got called for beta.

I even forgot about the game but was one of the first 200 to get to play this game despite thousands of active members of DAoC lore.

So rule of thumbs say active participtation in anything does not mean jack

It sounds good in theory...however, once you drew your "2 favorite members" all hell would break loose.  Now not only would people feel that they just got a bad dice roll, but they would feel hurt and alienated.

I would be willing to bet if I polled 100 active members they would all think they contribute the most to the site...at least more than 2 would.  Then I would spend my days trying to explain to troves of crying members why they were not picked by my analog processing brain and why I like "member x" more than "member y".

Thanks, but no thanks.  I have better things to do with my time - like work on this site.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

u can do the contest, and take out all the names u have never seenimage

i'm just kidding, i know u know whats best for ur site

Email me at [email protected]
    ~~The Journey of a Thousand Miles, Begins With One Step~~

I would not complain if murt won LOL.

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460
    imagewell i can't argueimage

Email me at [email protected]
    ~~The Journey of a Thousand Miles, Begins With One Step~~

• TwisterTwister Member Posts: 26
    People that don't post much don't always mean they are not active ... they might only be looking through posts without posting, or just looking through the news. You shouldn't judge someone's activity by its number of posts ... well that's just my opinion.

- MMORPG.com Staff -

The forum would be dead if people do not post and there will be nothing to read but the main news.