Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Invite a Friend Back?

varriusvarrius Member Posts: 106

I am interested in trying Lineage II again.   I have an account it's just inactive.    Is there any way, aside of the free trial, for me to sample the game again free of charge?

I've heard of a "refer a friend back" thing, but I am not sure how that works, would someone mind explaining?   Thanks!

- Var

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

You will have to make another account and do a Free Trial. 

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Like Manish said - you need a trial-key to give it a try again. A return key kinda forces you to buy time immediately. If you want, I can send you a trial key from one of my accounts ;)

@Mannish - What's up with the TERA siggy? You're gonne leave us in favor of TERA? :'(

Originally posted by Reizla

Like Manish said - you need a trial-key to give it a try again. A return key kinda forces you to buy time immediately. If you want, I can send you a trial key from one of my accounts ;)

@Mannish - What's up with the TERA siggy? You're gonne leave us in favor of TERA? :'(

I do have my eye on Tera but I am not leaving Lineage 2 untill NC Soft decides to pull the plug. My only concern is when will that be and can Lineage 2 over here in the West  survive the releases of Tera, Guild Wars 2 and Star Wars. I sure hope so.

Originally posted by Scambug
    I'm gameless at the moment and seriously starting to concider returning to L2.
    Yesterday I was on the official forums and there were 2500 people viewing the general forum.
    A year back when I last played, I never saw the counter go passed 200.
    Has the game recieved a huge population boost recently?

Though there are only 2 servers left, I think the game has gained a lot since last time you viewed the boards. Not to mention, September last tear the banhammer was used and a huge amount of bots / cheaters were banned.

Also, the coming of the Goddess of Destruction and the (almost) monthly double-XP weeks get a lot of players back to the game. I myself started because of GoD coming soon, and I want to hit at least 84 before it's here (2.05% to 83 now so I guess I'll make it, perhaps even 85).

Originally posted by Scambug
    edit: what's the point of these return keys if we have to start subbing immediately? :O

Beats the hell out of me TBH. Before I resubbed, I took one of the trial-keys I still had available to take a good look around. When I liked what I saw, I asked for a return key here to reactivate my old main account.

• varriusvarrius Member Posts: 106

My thread has been hijacked!   

I think they should offer the return keys without any money. . .  I am strongly considering playing again. . . 

In that case, I may indeed need a return key.

Could someone tell me if it would be a good idea to start out fresh?   I mean, is the grind bad, are there people to play with, will I be PKed continually?

-Var

Originally posted by varrius

Happens all the time here :D

I think they should offer the return keys without any money. . .  I am strongly considering playing again. . . 

Could someone tell me if it would be a good idea to start out fresh?   I mean, is the grind bad, are there people to play with, will I be PKed continually?

-Var

Lineage II is a lot less grindy than it used to be. I just spoke a friend from a not-so-legit server who recently started on Naia, and he hit level 85 in 11 weeks (working hard and had 3 double-XP weeks). For myself, I take it easy and after my return 4 months ago (was level 68 then), I'm now 2% away from 83 (but enjoying it all).
    ...just showing 2 extremes in leveling speed here I think :D

Also, level 1 to 20 is 1 hour these day. The newbee guide helps you along very well. 21-40 can be done in a couple of hours too. I did 2 academy characters (healer & poler) for my clan in about 8 hours total, including the 3 class change quests..

About being PK'd. Up to 40 you can get a special blessing that doesn't allow PK's to PK you. You can still be PK'd in PvP though, but in the starter area's that happens close to never these days (there are not even perm-red's around EG anymore!). From 40+ it all depends on the clan you enter (active wars or not) and how you play along with other players...

If you need a return key, drop me a PM, or just post your eMail address here...

PM sent.  

Originally posted by Reizla

Happens all the time here :D

-Var

Lineage II is a lot less grindy than it used to be. I just spoke a friend from a not-so-legit server who recently started on Naia, and he hit level 85 in 11 weeks (working hard and had 3 double-XP weeks). For myself, I take it easy and after my return 4 months ago (was level 68 then), I'm now 2% away from 83 (but enjoying it all).

...just showing 2 extremes in leveling speed here I think :D

Also, level 1 to 20 is 1 hour these day. The newbee guide helps you along very well. 21-40 can be done in a couple of hours too. I did 2 academy characters (healer & poler) for my clan in about 8 hours total, including the 3 class change quests..

About being PK'd. Up to 40 you can get a special blessing that doesn't allow PK's to PK you. You can still be PK'd in PvP though, but in the starter area's that happens close to never these days (there are not even perm-red's around EG anymore!). From 40+ it all depends on the clan you enter (active wars or not) and how you play along with other players...

If you need a return key, drop me a PM, or just post your eMail address here...

I PMed you my e-mail for a return key.

To anybody thats asking is it a good time to start fresh I say that its a very good time to start fresh. The population is still solid and we have the largest update ever comming in a couple months.