Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for a game

SebaliSebali Member UncommonPosts: 395

that has a good pet system. looking for something akin to SWG, pre cu.

would liuke to go out and tame a baby and raise it up to an adult.

must be a combat rpg of sorts, i dont mind if its a few years old.

Comments

• SebaliSebali Member UncommonPosts: 395

anyone got anything?

• GeschaeferGeschaefer Member Posts: 117
    Dude; I have been searching for a game to fill the void that was left when SWG launched their CU.
    SWG Pre Cu was the best MMORPG ever.. hands down.
    Creature handlers in SWG Pre CU is among the most remarkable character ever created.

Unfortunately; there is no game out that can come close to what SWG used to be.
    I have played almost every game out trying to find a new MMO to pass the time.
    Sadly as I said; theres nothing.
    All we can do is sit back and hope that one of the new games coming out will live up to even a fraction of their hype.

I re-sub games every 3 months or so because their all too easy and non complicated.

G.E.Schaefer
    Played: EQ1. EQ2. FFXI. SWG. Aion. WAR. LOTRO. TabulaRasa. Hellgate London. Diablo 1. Diablo II. Diablo 3. STO. WOW. Vanguard. Guild Wars. Rift. Terra. The Secret World. EVE. Guild Wars 2. Firefall. Neverwinter.

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

I wish I could be more helpful but I can't think of one for sure. You should look into Rappelz. I tried it and I seem to remember a LOT of info about taming pets and collecting pets, but I honestly didn't give the game a chance for some probably minor issues really.

City of Heroes has one class, Minion Master, that lets you do a lot with pets "henchmen" controlling them individually if you set up your hotbars/macros right. They don't get tamed or customized much though.

Champions Online also has a lot of useful and varied pets, not tied to class (since the game doens't have classes unless you are free to play).

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• SebaliSebali Member UncommonPosts: 395

i too have been looking for a long time for someting creature handler-esque....EMU!!! damn slackers

i dont need a MMO to fill the void. I'd be perfectly happy with an oblivion type game.

I think i may be a tad burnt on the MMO side of things and i think its the poeple who now inhabit MMOs that have caused this(atleast in part)

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Originally posted by Sebali

that has a good pet system. looking for something akin to SWG, pre cu.

would liuke to go out and tame a baby and raise it up to an adult.

must be a combat rpg of sorts, i dont mind if its a few years old.

I haven't seen a well developed pet system in a game yet.  In fact, using WoW for example, the pet systems have been getting less featured in favor of insta-pets that require very little interaction.

From a programmers perspective (but not really a player's perspective) the closest I've seen is in Aika where one receives and then cares for a demi-god (not sure I'm using the term correctly) child called a Pran as a companion.  The mechanics are similar to what could be used for a pet system, but from a gameplay and visual standpoint it's more like baby-sitting.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • GeschaeferGeschaefer Member Posts: 117

OP - If you are willing to play a non MMO; just hang tight till Elderscrolls Skyrim comes out.. I will be playing that as well.

In the meantime, Xbox 360 has a few really cool games to toy around with if your into Oblivion try "Dragon Age" or "Red Dead Redemption". 

G.E.Schaefer
    Played: EQ1. EQ2. FFXI. SWG. Aion. WAR. LOTRO. TabulaRasa. Hellgate London. Diablo 1. Diablo II. Diablo 3. STO. WOW. Vanguard. Guild Wars. Rift. Terra. The Secret World. EVE. Guild Wars 2. Firefall. Neverwinter.