Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Expansion ?'s

DoubleDonkeyDoubleDonkey Member Posts: 38
What exactly is going to bein the expansion? When is it coming (dd/mm/yy)? At what cost ($)?

Comments

• DoubleDonkeyDoubleDonkey Member Posts: 38
    PLEASE SCRAP THIS POST!! WRONG FORUM!!! I APOLOGIZE!!!
    WOW NEVERMIND THE SCRAP POST!!! My comp must have lagged or something because when i posted this it said it was in the WoW forum... Strange... image Well please respond to my first post.. Thanks...
  • SoraKogekiSoraKogeki Member Posts: 51
    No one knows the detail because they didn't give any.  =P  However, I heard a rumor of a new continent.  I believe you need to cross the ocean from the port of Lion's Arch.
  • tablotablo Member UncommonPosts: 40

expansions come 6 months after the games release.::::06::

• ArdsrangerArdsranger Member Posts: 6

Any Beta playes seen one .. or is it just a myth

Will you ever be able to see other people out of town and I hope, will they at least make it so you can run through groups and jump around? I hate getting surrounded in the middle of massive groups and not being able to make way through them....Reminds of when I recieved bad TPs in Diablo II......
  • NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739

The expansion will come in 1st quater of 2006. The content (called chapter) will be same size as original game.

• XzaroXzaro Member UncommonPosts: 1,719

Originally posted by Nasa
    The expansion will come in 1st quater of 2006. The content (called chapter) will be same size as original game.

That's huge...

• TheWarcTheWarc Member Posts: 1,199

Originally posted by Nasa

What did you use as source? If you didn't use any this news is rubbish.
  • NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739

Expansion release update (sorry I said 1st Quater but its 1st Half of 2006):
    http://www.gamecloud.com/article.php?article_id=465
    "In the first half of 2006 we plan to release Guild Wars Chapter 2"

Content size:
    http://www.gamerseurope.com/articles/542
    "every six months an expansion pack (with each promising to be the size of the original game) will be released"

http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000980032569/
    "Every new expansion pack will bring the same amount of material into the game like the current (first version) will"

http://gw.warcry.com/index.php/content/ff4.php
    "As you have read before, unlike the usual expansion packs that have a nominal amount of content, the Guild Wars chapters will be very deep in content."

• burrekburrek Member Posts: 198

Originally posted by DoubleDonkey
    Will you ever be able to see other people out of town and I hope, will they at least make it so you can run through groups and jump around? I hate getting surrounded in the middle of massive groups and not being able to make way through them....Reminds of when I recieved bad TPs in Diablo II......

No and no. Those things will never be implemented unless they rewrite the whole game code from scratch and usually developers don't do that if they realsed a boxed game. Don't even dream about being able to jump over things or meet others in instanced zones.
  • HeartBrokenHeartBroken Member Posts: 128

There is an expansion coming later this year. It will cost money I think, so now I'm wondering what's the diffrence from buy an expansion and paying monthly fees??????????? Really BS if you ask me.

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by HeartBroken
    There is an expansion coming later this year. It will cost money I think, so now I'm wondering what's the diffrence from buy an expansion and paying monthly fees??????????? Really BS if you ask me.

...14$ each month or 35$ each 6 months hmm. Also you dont need the expansions to continue playing & its not this year but early next year (first expansion is later, every 6 months is the plan).

• ZeausZeaus Member Posts: 222

Originally posted by HeartBroken

Other MMOs

You have to pay the monthly fee each month just to play with your friends. You have to buy the expansion pack (which they probably developed with your monthly fee) because your friend can't invite you in.

Guildwars

The expansion packs you don't have to buy and you can still play with your friends in the expansion if they have it and you don't.

Do I need to purchase expansion packs in order to continue playing Guild Wars?

We want to make it easy and fun for you to play Guild Wars. You are not required to purchase future chapters of Guild Wars in order to continue playing. You will still have access to the professions, skills, missions and quests of whichever chapters you have purchased. You may choose to purchase some chapters and not all of them, and will have access to all that the purchased chapters offer. We will never require you to buy upgrades or pay for new maps or missions during the time you are playing a chapter. The new chapters will offer more choices, of course, but their purchase will be optional.

-----------------------------
    Want to get into the game industry? Read the game business advice guide.
    Also read GameDev and Gamasutra
    Download Impulse - Like steam but only DRM Free Games

• n3verendRn3verendR Member UncommonPosts: 452

I think this is the best idea and MMORPG dev has ever come out with, you pay 60+ dollars for 5 first 5 months in monthly fees or pay 55 dollars every 6 months ONLY IF YOU WANT TO... great concept, sorry naysayers.

People think it's fun to pretend your a monster. Me I spend my life pretending I'm not. - Dexter Morgan