Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

will this run SWG

tummblertummbler Member UncommonPosts: 267

before i even say what my computer specs are let me say this.. i dont want to hear why you think SWG sucks!

I just need to know if a comp w/ these specs can run SWG. Run SWG efficiently that is. with little lag
(another thing: i didnt configure this comp.. its the family computer.in other words, i had no choice)

Pentium® D Processor 840 with Dual Core Technology (3.20GHz, 800FSB)
windows xp media center edition
1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz- 2DIMMs
256MB PCI Express™ x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) nVidia GeForce 6800

---
i also have another question...
would the new Geforce 7800 series run on my system?

----------
nogold.org....

Comments

• DinionDinion Member Posts: 879

Is this some kind of brag attemptimage? Of course it will run SWG.

.... can I say SOE sucks? image

----------------------------------
    MMOs Retired From: Earth and Beyond, Project Entropia, There, A Tale in the Desert, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Eve Online, City of Heroes/Villains.

MMOs Currently (worth) Playing: None.

MMO hopefuls: Age of Conan.

• tummblertummbler Member UncommonPosts: 267

ok.. i wasnt bragging though. i just wondered. having never played SWG before
    what about other high end games.. would they perform well?

will the 7800 run on my system?

----------
    nogold.org....

• adamk22adamk22 Member Posts: 233

Banzai!

• tummblertummbler Member UncommonPosts: 267

like i said.. i havent ever really had a high end system or even close to it so i really dont know this stuff and am wondering

----------
    nogold.org....

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Originally posted by tummbler
    before i even say what my computer specs are let me say this.. i dont want to hear why you think SWG sucks!

I just need to know if a comp w/ these specs can run SWG. Run SWG efficiently that is. with little lag
    (another thing: i didnt configure this comp.. its the family computer.in other words, i had no choice)

---

This will run SWG just fine. The only difference between your system and mine is that I have 2GB of DDR2 and the 6800 Ultra. And, yes, the 7800 should work fine in that rig. Make sure you get the PCI Express version though :)

Just a suggestion: On your Nvidia card set up a profile for Star Wars Galaxies. Associate the various executeables in the SWG directory with it and hard-lock it to 4x Anti-Aliasing. Turn off BLOOM in the game and max all the other settings out except the distance settings, those you'll need to tweak to fit your system best. You'll REALLY like the results graphically. A lot of people try to poo-poo SWG's graphics but the truth is it's got better graphics than 99% of the games out there it just takes a rig with decent RAM and video to really enjoy them.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• ZedrinythZedrinyth Member Posts: 60
    In fact I think it can run almost every single game on the market.

• DinionDinion Member Posts: 879

Yeah high end games should preform pretty good on your comp. I am pretty sure a 7800 would run on your system(as long as the card is PCI express), I don't see why you would need to upgrade anytime soon though. I stopped being a comp geek about 6 months ago image, so you will probably want to wait for someone who knows 100% if the 7800 would work.

----------------------------------
    MMOs Retired From: Earth and Beyond, Project Entropia, There, A Tale in the Desert, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Eve Online, City of Heroes/Villains.

MMOs Currently (worth) Playing: None.

MMO hopefuls: Age of Conan.

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Originally posted by Dinion
    Yeah high end games should preform pretty good on your comp. I am pretty sure a 7800 would run on your system(as long as the card is PCI express), I don't see why you would need to upgrade anytime soon though. I stopped being a comp geek about 6 months ago image, so you will probably want to wait for someone who knows 100% if the 7800 would work.

Trust me, it'll work. And yes, get the PCI Express one.... Does NVIDIA even make an AGP version of the 7800?

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383
    All that won't mean too much of your internet connection is dial-up.

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

*Double Post*

• Originally posted by tummbler

Nice point you make! It is still funny how half of the roughly 50 same old SWG bashers have all returned to SWG. The remaining SWG bashers have not even played SWG within the past 1 month LOL! And still think they are in position to comment on SWG.

So far very good. 3.2 GHZ processor is very far ahead of current SWG requirements.

GeForce 6.8 works. I have successfully played SWG on a computer with GeForce 4.

The current (the specs on the SWG game box are outdated. It even says on the box "Specs subject to change in the future". .... the current specs to run SWG is a computer with 1.0 GHZ processor (or equivilant). 1 GIG memory (or equivilant). GeForce 4 (or equivliant). These are specs to comfortably run SWG. The most important one is memory, memory, memory, memory!

---

You have to find out what kind of mother board your computer has. Then compare its stats to the stats of the GeForce 7. A NICE site to browse is Newegg.com

If you can find your motherboard there, you can then compare it to the stats of the GeForce 7 (which is at that site) and find out if your motherboard can handle the GeForce 7.

Originally posted by Laserwolf
    All that won't mean too much of your internet connection is dial-up.

SWG was designed on purpose to be played on 56k internet connection. It is the ONLY mmorpg that is the friendliest to 56k players. Players are able to fill a que with up to 5mins to 10 mins of moves. So if they get disconnected very little chance of lag death while in combat. The SWG game DEVs even spent months posting in the old SWG forums talking about this specific subject.

Of course, a better internet connection works even better, even with SWG.