Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest II: Splitpaw Saga Released

DanaDana Member Posts: 2,415

The second EverQuest II adventure pack is now available for subscribers to that game. The Splitpaw Saga was officially released yesterday.

SUNDRED SPLITPAW UNEARTHED IN EVERQUEST® II THE SPLITPAW SAGA
- Sony Online Entertainment’s Second Exciting Adventure Pack for EverQuest II Available Now -

SAN DIEGO, CA – June 29, 2005 – Sony Online Entertainment Inc. (SOE), a worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online (MMO) gaming, yesterday released The Splitpaw Saga, the second exciting adventure pack for EverQuest II. Available via digital download for US $7.99, The Splitpaw Saga gives players hours of new story-rich content to explore.

"We enjoy making sure that EverQuest II has new places to explore," said Senior Producer Scott Hartsman. “Adventure packs like The Splitpaw Saga let us bring out high-quality, story-rich content frequently. Whether you're there to follow the story, adventure in new zones that scale to your level, or even to blow up your group members with traps and puzzles, additions like this are a great way to make the world come alive in new and exciting ways."

In The Splitpaw Saga, players will explore the collapsed caverns and twisted tunnels of Sundered Splitpaw. Throughout this adventure, the truth behind the dungeon’s mysterious demise is uncovered by using moveable planks, crates and barrels to work through a series of 12 intriguing event-based zones. A ferocious clan of cannibalistic gnolls will stand in the way as players seek to destroy the greatest threat yet in Norrath's history of late. New and veteran players alike can experience the adventure meeting fresh challenges as they progress and try again as the encounters scale dynamically to match the player’s level.

The Splitpaw Saga adventure pack has an exciting storyline and plenty of action that solo players, groups, and raids can enjoy for months to come. For more information, please visit www.splitpawsaga.com.

About Sony Online Entertainment
Sony Online Entertainment Inc. (SOE), a subsidiary of Sony Pictures Digital Inc., is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games, with hundreds of thousands of subscribers around the globe. SOE creates, develops and provides compelling entertainment for the personal computer, online, game console and wireless markets. Known for its blockbuster franchises and hit titles including EverQuest®, EverQuest® II, Champions of Norrath™, Untold Legends™, and PlanetSide®, as well as for developing Star Wars Galaxies™: An Empire Divided™, SOE continues to redefine the business of online gaming and the creation of active player communities while introducing new genres on various entertainment platforms. Headquartered in San Diego, CA, with additional development studios in Austin, TX, Seattle, WA, and Taiwan, SOE has an array of cutting-edge online games in development.

[ expand press release ]

Dana Massey
Formerly of MMORPG.com
Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

Comments

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Originally posted by Lepidus

The Splitpaw Saga adventure pack has an exciting storyline and plenty of action that solo players, groups, and raids can enjoy for months to come.

[ expand press release ]

Solo player, then groups, then raids can enjoy EQ2, in that order?  LOL, again the lies.  And I dont see what there is to enjoy(not even for a week, for months?  damn this is torture) in been weak compare to others, if solo is not self reliant toward complete and total solo uberness, then it is not a viable option.  Neither is grouping in this particuliar setting, where you have to raid...

Lies all day long, you dont fool anyone anymore.  Get a few raiders and extremely vocals online players to support you, solo is the crap in EQ2, grouping is not appealing unless you happen to enjoy raiding...saying otherwise is lying.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• MordithMordith Member UncommonPosts: 210

Originally posted by Anofalye

Originally posted by Lepidus

The Splitpaw Saga adventure pack has an exciting storyline and plenty of action that solo players, groups, and raids can enjoy for months to come.

[ expand press release ]

Solo player, then groups, then raids can enjoy EQ2, in that order?  LOL, again the lies.  And I dont see what there is to enjoy(not even for a week, for months?  damn this is torture) in been weak compare to others, if solo is not self reliant toward complete and total solo uberness, then it is not a viable option.  Neither is grouping in this particuliar setting, where you have to raid...

Lies all day long, you dont fool anyone anymore.  Get a few raiders and extremely vocals online players to support you, solo is the crap in EQ2, grouping is not appealing unless you happen to enjoy raiding...saying otherwise is lying.

You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.  This adventure zone is one of the most innovative and fun adventures added to an mmorpg.  Go check out the official forums, which are typically filled with tons of whining and complaining (just like every other official forum for a game).  What you will see is that everyone is raving about how awesome this adventure zone is - for everyone.  Yes, that means solo players as well as small and large groups.
  • Red_RiderRed_Rider Member Posts: 261

Hmm,  I am about to hit 30 (Paladin) and have never grouped and my nephew (who plays a lot more than me) is at level 45 (Warlock) and has soloed all the way.  When the game came out it was pretty much impossible to solo but things have changed quite a bit.  As far as Splitpaw goes I have soloed the pre order dungeon and the upper levels of the release dungeon, plus did a few mobs in the solo arena.  Now off to check the lower levels ....

Of course if you expect to solo Epic mobs,  you are right the game is unsoloable,  but this is not a one player game there has to be content for all play styles and I think they are doing a great job.