Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GM admits to taking favors

2»

Comments

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

Originally posted by AllSeeingGuy

Nah, they wouldn't tell me that. But the voices sounded very familar. One guy claimed to be a guild leader and was "going to retire" so he could do the counselor shit instead.

Retire...LOL riiiiight

I win!!! LOL@U

• SHOE788SHOE788 Member Posts: 700

No fanboys to discount this one?

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

Originally posted by SHOE788

That's because spillyphil is simply describing a single experience. He has no history of campaigning against MO and does not contradict himself.  He is not suggesting that this experience proves anything, just that it raises some questions. As to the facts of that experience, he and the other people involved are the only ones that can say. As such, I take him at his word that this an accurate description of what happened.

When you (or other critics) post that you logged in and only saw three people, I don't discount that.  I just note that it doesn't "prove" what you assert about the population of MO

My main criticism of this thread is that the title is totally misleading and mischaracterizes what spillyphil actually describes.  What "favor" does the GM admit to receiving?

A more accurate description is that the GM was trying to help some players that complained that the horse spawners seemed to be broken.  In doing so, he brought one to a spawn site that was active and left the other two, because they engaged in combat.

Was this disruptive in a negative way? Yes

Was this inappropriate behavior on the GM's part? Certainly

Does it demonstrate pervasive corruption in the administration of the game? No

Was this some horrible scandal ?  Meh

Originally posted by osmunda

That's because spillyphil is simply describing a single experience. He has no history of campaigning against MO and does not contradict himself.  He is not suggesting that this experience proves anything, just that it raises some questions. As to the facts of that experience, he and the other people involved are the only ones that can say. As such, I take him at his word that this an accurate description of what happened.

When you (or other critics) post that you logged in and only saw three people, I don't discount that.  I just note that it doesn't "prove" what you assert about the population of MO

My main criticism of this thread is that the title is totally misleading and mischaracterizes what spillyphil actually describes.  What "favor" does the GM admit to receiving?

A more accurate description is that the GM was trying to help some players that complained that the horse spawners seemed to be broken.  In doing so, he brought one to a spawn site that was active and left the other two, because they engaged in combat.

This isn't a horrible scandal, but it just goes to show the complete lack of ruleset that the GMs abide by.

While this is just a "single experience", Ameliorant admitted that "sometimes GMs go out of their way to help players when they are not supposed to". From that I think it's safe to say that It's not a one-time occurence.

Overall, the fact remains is that this is completely out of line for GM behavior.

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

Originally posted by SHOE788ce.

Overall, the fact remains is that this is completely out of line for GM behavior.

And far from the first time this type of GM "interference" has come to light.

I win!!! LOL@U

• AllSeeingGuyAllSeeingGuy Member Posts: 143

Originally posted by osmunda

This isn't a horrible scandal, but it just goes to show the complete lack of ruleset that the GMs abide by.

While this is just a "single experience", Ameliorant admitted that "sometimes GMs go out of their way to help players when they are not supposed to". From that I think it's safe to say that It's not a one-time occurence.

This is one occasion that has come out as a "oops we seen that" , there has been others, rubars in palisade walls, counselors teleporting people over an over into someone so they can kill them , counselors using there accounts to spy on enemy guilds and find out whos there and online. While being a counselor you can teleport to anyone anywhere at anytime,  you can revive anyone, you can spawn mounts and pretty much fly anywhere in game. The fact of the matter is the counselors running the game right now, including Discord do favors for people in game play the game themselves and use these tools to gain an advantage over the average users. The rules they publicly abide by are not followed behind closed doors. So unless you know a counselor is in your guild, or personally have a counselor that seems to like you, your chances of getting unstuck within 30 minutes is 0.

SillyPhilly while posting this one time is just the tip of a huge iceberg filled with discord shit and other preteen kids at the helm of your stuck petition.

• Horn_Of_NaveHorn_Of_Nave Member Posts: 24

So the thread is called 'GM admits to taking favoours'

Which GM was that then?

I'd like to know. Oo

Not once I have seen this in-game and I've been here since Beta.

[Mod Edit]

Time to right some wrongs...

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Originally posted by Horn_Of_Nave

Which GM was that then?

I'd like to know. Oo

[Mod Edit]

So a moderator openly admits to this on the forums with proper linking HERE and yet you try to say nothing happened. I commend your effort but those blinders you have on are FABULOUSS~!

He who keeps his cool best wins.

Which GM was that then?

I'd like to know. Oo

[Mod Edit]

Would it kill you to read what the gm said?

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Which GM was that then?

I'd like to know. Oo

[Mod Edit]

The mod on the forum clearly admitted that they sometimes do things they are NOT supposed to.  The events described were also not denied.  Kind of weird that some of you fans use the term "hardcore" to describe the game when GM's "HAND" you things simply by asking.

I understand you wanting to defend the game, your probably in the big guild with several GM's in it who gets whatever they want.  If I was in your shoes, I'd be defending the game and hoping it would stick around longer too.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

mods on the forums and gms ingame are not the same people just so you know.

However i can beleive what the person described to be truthful, certainly he shouldnt have teleported the newbie palyer to a horse spawn but its certainly not admiting to taking a favor or particularly of any real concern.

Sometimes however i actually enjoy abit of interaction from a gm when hes bored. either porting to remote locations and back, or prehaps spawning some mobs to fight or giving out weird coloured rabbits as pets, or controlling a mob and making us follow it across the map only to run into even more of them and have to retreat. Certainly not game breaking or giving any sort of insane advantage, just a gm having a bit of fun with a few players can be rather random unexpected and entertaining. From what i understand none of the gms have ingame characters or guild affiliations. Some of my most fond memories of mmos come from free uo shards and the gm hosted events and encounters i had on them, its nice to see that sort of thing replicated in MO.

some examples of gm interaction i have seen...

one time me and a few friends were attempting to enter a guardzone with jsut swords whislt red in the hopes of killing some players, on our first try 1 of us was guarded and the mission a sort of failure as the players in the guardzone sort of knew what we were doing, so we made up an elaborate story of following a white rabbit from kranesh to fabernum only for it to run inside and the rabbit dropping sometihng awesome upon death, we had aronud 15 of the people in their searching a ronud for some rabbit we compeltely made up buying us time to attempt it a few more times, once we called it quits we actually seen a white rabbit hoping out the guardzone and chased it away from fabernum, a gm having abit of fun.

another time we managed to complete a gm run event by slaying an eld risar, afterwards one of our guild members began taunting the gm saying they had nothing we couldnt slay, after a short while he spawned a mob we hadnt seen before which quickly killed a few of our members before finally fleeing into the hills.

another time a few of my guild members were crossing the snowy monutains only to run into a gm with a pet risar slave, after some conversation the gm gave a palyer his pet risar slave.

many other encounters have existed, usually resulting in my guild members dying fro trash talking gms to much :) but we always have fun.  Althoguh with the recent war there has been way to much keeping both palyers and gms busy.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• BetelBetel Member Posts: 365

So Osmunda, you don't want a "hardcore" game then?

You just said you want invisible being with godlike powers to be at your beck and call for something such as travelling to a "remote location".

Can you please explain how this fits into MO's oft stated claim to be "hardcore" and "not a thempark" when GMs are even giving you a lift around the continent?

• MemysabuMemysabu Member Posts: 10

This is simply one of about 25 different complaints myself and guildmates lodged against GM's mostly the same ones over and over all the while Henrik told me he looked into it. In the end I would learn that every single time he said he looked into it he did not. Henrik is infact a liar.

***My message to Henrik:

9th May 2011, 21:04

Unless you put a spell into the game that allows people to cast "summon steppe horse". Someone clearly interfered in a PvP fight me and a guildmate (his name is ******) were in today. 8:35pm CST here when it went down.

We were skirting two guys outside of Meduli. Dunbar and Kuthara. Both in KOTO. Dismounted Kuthara who was riding a steppe. He continued to chase us and we moved away at a steady pace to keep him on the ground and at a distance while we fought the mounted archer.

We shot at mounted archer a few times landed hits on his bullhorse and he ran away. We continue moving away with melee on foot trailing us. We are a long ways away from Meduli by now so no one but us.

Dunbar transferred Kuthara his bullhorse. We saw Kuthara run up on the bull so we went to dismount him and low and behold here comes Dunbar on a brand new Steppe. No where near a steppe spawn. This is obvious to me. We paged to report the GM / counselor that did it and the only one who responded was Athanas. 

Anyhow I would appreciate it if you looked into this most of my guild dont even want to play youre pushing away the last few faithful fans with your corrupt staff.

*** My response from Henrik after giving up on waiting for him to respond I sent him another PM. It had been awhile and I was used to talking to him once or twice per week to make a complaint a fellow guild member had with witnesses every single time:

24th May 2011, 05:51

Henrik Nystrom

(this is him quoting me) I am guessing you didnt because I and ***** never heard back from you. This is why I dont bring things to you because you dont do anything. Its more effective for me to do things my way. (/endme)

If you mean your possible GM interfearance question, then yes I did look into it, and no there was no GM interfearance. They are all non part of the game nor any groups, there was no action to create a mount during that period.

And if I didnt answer that it is of course due to me having 1000 other things to handel at the moment, for instance getting our Expansion out.

Thanks for understanding.

****end quote

I have far far more than this. When I mentioned doing things my way it was when I exposed them for not fixing the dupe bug. Henrik never looked into his GM's actions or cared too. Henrik alone will be the soul reason his company fails. Never in my life have I met an entrepreneur who didnt care about their business.

I have many many dirty little secrets that these guys try to keep buried and its prolly why I keep getting banned because of what I know. Russian has some more film I shot myself to release if we ever feel the need to. So much proof has been given on the mod corruption though that anyone who thinks otherwise is completely delusional.

Anyhow hi Spilly nice to see you again bro.

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

Originally posted by Betel

So Osmunda, you don't want a "hardcore" game then? 

You just said you want invisible being with godlike powers to be at your beck and call for something such as travelling to a "remote location".

Can you please explain how this fits into MO's oft stated claim to be "hardcore" and "not a thempark" when GMs are even giving you a lift around the continent?

I posted that the behavior was inappropriate,but not as big a deal as some are making it out to be.  Sort of like accusing someone of attempted murder if they slap someone.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

Originally posted by Memysabu

This is simply one of about 25 different complaints myself and guildmates lodged against GM's mostly the same ones over and over all the while Henrik told me he looked into it. In the end I would learn that every single time he said he looked into it he did not. Henrik is infact a liar.

***My message to Henrik:

9th May 2011, 21:04

Unless you put a spell into the game that allows people to cast "summon steppe horse". Someone clearly interfered in a PvP fight me and a guildmate (his name is ******) were in today. 8:35pm CST here when it went down.

We were skirting two guys outside of Meduli. Dunbar and Kuthara. Both in KOTO. Dismounted Kuthara who was riding a steppe. He continued to chase us and we moved away at a steady pace to keep him on the ground and at a distance while we fought the mounted archer.

We shot at mounted archer a few times landed hits on his bullhorse and he ran away. We continue moving away with melee on foot trailing us. We are a long ways away from Meduli by now so no one but us.

Dunbar transferred Kuthara his bullhorse. We saw Kuthara run up on the bull so we went to dismount him and low and behold here comes Dunbar on a brand new Steppe. No where near a steppe spawn. This is obvious to me. We paged to report the GM / counselor that did it and the only one who responded was Athanas. 

Anyhow I would appreciate it if you looked into this most of my guild dont even want to play youre pushing away the last few faithful fans with your corrupt staff.

i have seen similar things happen myself to be honest but its quite common for the councilors to not really look all that much into the players complaint, for example whilst fighting lover near top keep she recieved a bear 3 times during the fight spawned to her, the truth here thoguh was that she kept putting in support tickets for a lost bear when infact we were killing it and the councilor was simply not checking the details behind the lost bear. But also there are quite alot of houses outside of meduli prehaps he used a ticket on one ofthe many houses they own in that area.

*** My response from Henrik after giving up on waiting for him to respond I sent him another PM. It had been awhile and I was used to talking to him once or twice per week to make a complaint a fellow guild member had with witnesses every single time:

24th May 2011, 05:51

Henrik Nystrom

(this is him quoting me) I am guessing you didnt because I and ***** never heard back from you. This is why I dont bring things to you because you dont do anything. Its more effective for me to do things my way. (/endme)

If you mean your possible GM interfearance question, then yes I did look into it, and no there was no GM interfearance. They are all non part of the game nor any groups, there was no action to create a mount during that period.

And if I didnt answer that it is of course due to me having 1000 other things to handel at the moment, for instance getting our Expansion out.

Thanks for understanding.

****end quote

I have far far more than this. When I mentioned doing things my way it was when I exposed them for not fixing the dupe bug. Henrik never looked into his GM's actions or cared too. Henrik alone will be the soul reason his company fails. Never in my life have I met an entrepreneur who didnt care about their business.

I have many many dirty little secrets that these guys try to keep buried and its prolly why I keep getting banned because of what I know. Russian has some more film I shot myself to release if we ever feel the need to. So much proof has been given on the mod corruption though that anyone who thinks otherwise is completely delusional.

Anyhow hi Spilly nice to see you again bro.

with russians hate for the game i highly doubt he would actually be albe to contain any information without releasing it already if it was ture, many of his videos he was already clutching at straws.  I honestly think the councilors should be removed from mo but knowning who quite a few of them are i know they dont actually play mo and belonged to guilds long since buried. The gms themselves dotn play mo at all as a rule.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• MemysabuMemysabu Member Posts: 10

Russians Youtube account was deleted, Im guessing forcefully. I have the video and only I. Russian released the stuff he had Ive never released anything. I dont think the game needs any help in dying so I stepped away a long time ago. I just notice a thread here or there on these forums and respond if I see someone I knew forever ago. My video that could possibly hurt SV will never be released. I just see no reason to release it and if by some miracle some company bought MO and made it super awesome I dont want my accounts banned.

We ALL love Mortal Online, but we ALL hate the staff. Thats really the problem here. People leave due to corruption in the ranks. I understand both sides. Henriks trying to break even so he cant afford to pay for professional GM's. I understand the players view, fire the GM's like your life depends on it and people will play your game. I simply dont care enough about the game anymore to lift a finger. I have however considered writing Warner Bros with a letter of recomendation to make an offer on MO. If Henrik is selling. Which I think he is but no one ever comes out and says that.

Anyhow peace, hope that explains why I wont be releasing things against SV.